[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>biofuels >bees choose one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 0
Make the right decision - the future is at stake.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35153196
>>
>>11864
>http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35153196
>biofuel
>corn
You can literally make biofuel out of anything kudzu, yet you choose to grow the most destructive crop you could find in the very environment you're trying to save
>>
What's the point of ethanol when oil is like $5 a barrel?
>>
>>11888

cleaner emissions, relevant in California because CA has stringent air pollution standards. Converting an otherwise noncompliant vehicle from diesel to ethanol or natural gas (or even propane) is a cheap way of making compliance AND averting cap-and-trade pollution taxes. Many bus agencies and power companies (such as PG&E) already made the switch

however, due to the nature of ethanol (it has to be imported from the midwest), most companies prefer NG or propane because it's more plentiful and readily available

t. serious discussions pro
>>
>>11890

By the way, California is still the #1 car buying state in the US due to it's sheer size (in population). So things that happen in CA have a huge effect on the global car market.
>>
/o/ here

Ethanol is the worst, a better substitute for the real deal is needed.
>>
A rampaging AI army will kill most of us off in 25 years to save the bees.
>>
ethanol tends to drive up the price of food. not being able to afford to eat tends to cause reduction
>>
Fuck biofuels that eat our farmland and produce CO2 emissions as well as NO2 emissions because of manufacture costs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biofuel#Greenhouse_gas_emissions

Also losing Bees would destabilize our entire ecosystem and fruit bearing crops. That decision is easy to make.

Lose the corn biofuel.
>>
That is why Brazil uses sugarcane to make biofuel.
Not just that, but you get the point.
>>
>>11864
>"the bees are in danger" meme still going strong

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/07/23/call-off-the-bee-pocalypse-u-s-honeybee-colonies-hit-a-20-year-high/

If your base your activism on mainstream news headlines, you're going to have a bad time.
>>
Have you tried growing less corn?
Not for biofuels. For your fucking cows.
Fucking Americans.
>>
>>11890
Ethanol is a terrible idea. When you have food competing with energy for arable land you're creating problems.
>>
Just fucking grow Algae
>>
>>11971
The link you posted is talking about honeybees, explicitly farmed honeybees.

>the number of managed colonies -- that is, commercial honey-producing bee colonies managed by human beekeepers -- is now the highest it's been in 20 years.

The OP's link is talking about wild bees. Those bees are dying and have been for some time.
>>
>>12004
hopefully this will come to fruition and be viable competitor for oil.
>>
>>11973
>I don't consume any product used by a cow ever.
But anon, you're part of the problem as well.
>>
>>11983
This

We're staring a worldwide food crisis in the face and people still think that ethanol is a great idea. 1 tank (75 Litre) of ethanol contains enough calories to feed a person for a whole year. What a waste of food
>>
>>11879
Fuck Kudzu.
Fucking Flora Tiberium.
>>
>>12078
>We're staring a worldwide food crisis in the face
No we're not. It's just capitalism. Can't pay? Can't eat. That's it.

There's actually more than enough food to feed everybody. And the livestock.
>>
>>12149
This, remove the corn subsidies
>>
>>12151
The free market demands more subsidies.
>>
>>12176
>free markets should have government subsidies
>>
>>12176
>I don't know what capitalism is but Bernie Sanders says it's bad
>>12149
>I don't know what a free market is but Bernie Sanders says it's bad

>I honestly think free markets not run by governments get more government subsidies than government run markets
>I honestly believe government run markets are more efficient and productive
>I have no life experience outside of a college classroom
>>
If bees die then pretty much the whole world's ecosystem is fucked up and we'll all be dead. Biofuel is stupid and pointless anyway.
>>
>>12149
>There's actually more than enough food to feed everybody. And the livestock.
This is true and its own problem but still ethanol is stupid.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.