[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Giving birth in your 30s means babies are smarter and healthier,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 1
File: f0W7Er9.jpg (670 KB, 904x3700) Image search: [Google]
f0W7Er9.jpg
670 KB, 904x3700
>http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/19/giving-birth-in-your-30s-means-babies-are-smarter-and-healthier-says-study-5575730/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Haven't looked into the details of the study, but it is counter to what I've been told was female peek fertility (between the ages of 16 and 28).

Does this mean it's ok, or even recommended for females to put off having children until their 30s?
>>
>>11327
Complete bullshit. The optimal time period for females to have kids is between the late teens and late 20s. Having a baby in your 30s is higher risk and decreases iq and increases disease risk for your children. This is basic biology. Sperm also has more dna errors as t levels drop after about 26 and I guess they're shilling this to dumb down the population even further.
>>
>>11343

>decreases iq

wow
>>
>>11343
Are you basing this post on a conclusion arrived at after reading the study, analyzing it, and finding fault with it, or is it just what you "know" to be true?
>>
>>11327
What did they account for? Generally, more intelligent and better educated parents have children later. Did the adjust for this?
>>
The general rule on this is simple: Never fertilize rotten eggs. While I fully agree with the findings in regard to older women giving birth to autistic children with higher IQ "smarter" is greatly outweighed by the increased risks of deformity, birth defects, retardation, still birth, miscarriage, and the hardships caused by these potential outcomes.
>>
>>11343
>Having a baby in your 30s is higher risk and decreases iq and increases disease risk for your children. This is basic biology.
>basic biology

OK, then there ought to be plenty of sources you could post to counter OPs posted source. do it.

also, this
>>11357
>>
>>11365
Ayy
https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/study-ties-dad%E2%80%99s-age-risk-autism-other-mental-disorders-kids
>>
even the smartest baby in the world still shits its pants
>>
encourage older women, who have established careers, and better insurance, to voluntarily undergo extremely risky and potentially devastating pregnancies, to increase profits for hospitals which currently deliver a lot of uninsured babies?

Isn't it bad enough that babies with good insurance, are already routinely forced into NICU, and extended hospital stays, when there is nothing wrong with them, to the tune of 10s of thousands of dollars, merely to help offset the costs incurred by the hospital for delivering uninsured babies?

Instead of spending so much money lobbying for increased shareholder profits, why not support non-profit hospitals that aren't run by blood thirsty vampires?
>>
>>11357

You're bordering on a taboo, that IQ is inherited rather than caused by your environment.

Most serious scientists know it already but the general population...
>>
>>11343
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-18392873

Been reading too much /pol/
>>
Women over 34 shouldn't have babies, and should ideally vanish into thin air to make room for younger ones.
>>
>>11327
Could that be because a lot of younger parents tend to be unprepared and so tend to raise their children sloppily? I'm curious as to what these would look like controlled for education + income in both parties, unless it already was.
>>
>>11423
Primarily it has to do with eggs and sperm. Alcohol, drugs, and vaccines don't just destroy your own organs, they damage sperm and eggs as well.

The prude girl, who never drank or used drugs. Didn't even go on her first date, until after she finished her PhD. Finally meets the right guy, at the local chess club and he likewise never drank or used drugs. The two get married and produce a very intelligent child, sadly both received numerous vaccinations when they were children, and their eggs and sperms are all deformed, and look like swiss cheese.
The brilliant child grows up trapped in a useless body that hurts constantly for no reason. Condemned to a life of agony, the child bangs his head against anything in his or her best attempt at suicide or to make it stop hurting, but mommy and daddy make it wear a helmet instead to ensure that the pain lasts for decades, for their own selfish pleasure.
>>
>>11419
is that the rule 34 every talks about. If a woman is over 34 she ceases to exist?
>>
>>11432
Yep, ya got it.
>>
>>11327
My gf is doing her gynecology residency, this is complete bullshit
Half the women who come in over 30 are there because their baby's die halfway through the pregnancy

The huge rise in pregnant women over 40 is causing an epidemic of stillborn babies she says
>>
>>11457
babies*
>>
>>11432
she ceases to have any worth to anyone other than her husband or children. without them they might as well cease to exist entirely.
>>
>>11459
What an autistic r9gay meme.
>>
>>11457
> epidemic of stillborn babies

Risk of stillbirth is lowest at 30, and at 40 it's barely double the rate at its lowest.

http://www.medicine.ox.ac.uk/bandolier/booth/Risk/stillbirth2.jpg
>>
>>11327
this reeks of bullshit
we already know for a fact that late-life births have a much higher risk of many disorders, akin to incest in how dangerous it can be.

beyond that a woman having a baby in her 30s will likely only have 1 baby in her lifetime just due to the nature of it, its a form of population control
>>
>>11327

>source=fark

kek
>>
>>11327

it's a statistical distortion, btw

those these days who give birth young tend to be black or brown (ie. lower iq populations). those who delay birth (white women), tend to be smarter and wealthier (hence, healthier)

the science remains, women's eggs are healthier the younger they are
>>
>>11459
Now what does this has to do with my Fluttershy x Sonic scat comics?
>>
The story of 3 sisters. Born to the same parents 5 years apart. The 1st when the mother was 17, then 23, then 28.
Seeing the sisters side by side, facially they resemble one another as you'd expect with sisters, but physically, and intellectually they are nothing alike.
The oldest is smallest, a petite size 1, and very immature.
The second born is twice the size of the first.
Intelligent.
The 3rd born is a ham-planet, well below the standard of intelligence.

While this is a single case, or anecdotal evidence, it raises important questions in these types of studies. a baseline comparison between siblings born of the same parents, is much more accurate than comparing intelligence of individuals with different parents, as the different genetics are a factor.

you may draw your own conclusions on this data, but it seems to suggest that there is an optimal time to have children.
young if you want your daughter to be petite, and airheaded.
early 20s for a healthy intelligent child, or
30ish if you want to be eaten out of house and home by beast that requires double doors, and special transportation.
>>
>>11535
>>11550
/thread
>>
>>11399
Then why was I tested by a Psychologist at 150 IQ but my mom is average and my dad is almost as Low iQ as Forest Gump? Checkmate athiests
>>
>>11399
It's a combination of the two, having a high IQ kid whom you severely neglected during his first years is much, much worse than having a low IQ kid whom you loved and spent a lot of time with. Synapses are developing in the first years. If you don't believe me, go search information on neglected kids, I'm talking about abused ones, who weren't even taught how to walk or talk, like some girl oksana who was treated like a dog her entire childhood.
>>
>tfw mom had me at 19
>tfw 120 IQ

not bad i guess
>>
>>11327
They need to control for other factors, richer and smarter women have children later. All other things being equal, the younger the mother, the better.
>>
>>11653
>tfw mom had me at 36
>tfw IQ 130
Phew
>>
>>11327
Haven't read the study, but from what I remember in Corps (Medics) School in the Navy, men who impregnate women in their thirties, tend to have healthier children, provided the woman is within her prime birthing years. Will read later, when I have more time.
>>
>>11684
>mom had me at 46
>stillborn and recycled for stem cells

wew lad
>>
mom had me at 42
ugly, mentally ill, autistic and retarded

don't do it folks
>>
>>11430
Source?

Take the story to >>>/lit/
>>
The mommy shouldn't have the little babies until she is 30 at least, give time for plenty experience of sex, cock, fetishes etc, get time to get out of system fuck many guys and girls have lots of fun enjoy youth spread the juices of love
>>
>>11343
Optimal in the sense of 'least pregnancy complications', not in the sense of 'healthier, smarter kids'.
>this is basic biology
and you still fail at it, it seems
>>
>>11670
No, having kids at 18 is as risky as having them at 35. The best age (as in, leading to less complications for the mother) is around 25.
>>
>>11691
>Source?
"Drinking too much coffee or too much alcohol can impair a woman's fertility."

"researchers have found that women who drank two alcoholic beverages a day decreased their fertility by nearly 60%."

"Smoking cigarettes can impair both a woman's and a man's fertility."

"lubricants, such as Astroglide, KY Jelly, and Touch, may inhibit sperm motility by 60% to 100%."

http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/8-ways-to-boost-your-fertility
>>
>>11719
Certain drugs (legal and illegal) can have a negative effect on male fertility (a man’s ability to father a child). Listed below are the most common substances that affect male fertility. Men who wish to father a child should talk to their doctor before starting a new medication or having any treatments.

Anabolic steroids and Supplemental Testosterone drugs have a strong negative effect on sperm production. When testosterone is given to a man, the hormonal signals that tell the testicles to make testosterone and to make sperm are blocked, and the man’s natural testosterone production stops.

Alcohol increases a man’s estrogen levels.

THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, decreases sperm production and weakens sexual drive

Opiates include both prescription medications (for treating pain and addiction) and illegal street drugs... decrease the quantity and quality of the sperm. The extent of the impact depends on the opiates being used, the dose, and how long the man is using the opiates.

medications used to treat prostate enlargement and hair loss... decrease the volume of the semen and the total number of sperm in the semen

Alpha blockers can both cause a sharp decrease in the volume of ejaculation or may inhibit ejaculation completely.

SSRIs (anti depressants, anti anxiety etc) may prevent the proper movement of sperm through the reproductive tract or otherwise harm the sperm.

Ketoconazole: This medication is used to treat fungal infections (yeast infections, athlete's foot)
hurts testosterone production and decreases sperm production.

------- A clinical publication of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. 2007
>>
>>11725
Cocaine or Marijuana can slow the movement of the egg through the oviduct. nothing good can come of this. Dr. Yazigi added that cocaine can also increase the hormone prolactin, which disrupts the hormonal balance and the menstrual cycle, and studies have shown that tubal abnormality (damage to the fallopian tubes) increases with cocaine use.

Data from the National Birth Defects Prevention Study also noted a correlation between cocaine use and the risk of clef palate.

"Since the fetus shares the mothers blood supply, these drugs will be delivered to the unborn baby at doses that may be lethal and will result in the baby developing severe withdrawal symptoms upon birth"

why is data on this issue so scarce?
It is unethical to give drugs to a pregnant woman, to study their effect on a fetus.
>>
>>11327
>Does this mean it's ok, or even recommended for females to put off having children until their 30

If you want your race to die out and be replaced by a faster breeding one, then absolutely, go right ahead.
>>
It's a false study to fool beta males into marrying used goods.
>>
>>11327
>Does this mean it's ok, or even recommended for females to put off having children until their 30s?
Recommended? Definitely not.
>>
>>11356
I know it's true because my dad was 40 and my mom 35 when I was born.
>>
We need less old mothers not more.
Fucks sake. We already have enough autists in this world.

Gonna impregnate my wife young, and if the rest of you care about your offspring you should do the same.
>>
>reproducing
laughing_david_benatar.jpg
>>
>>11827
Already did. Lol
>>
>>11343
Stop shitting up /news/. You obviously have no source/any evidence, so I'm assuming you just made this all up because you think you're smart.
>>
>>11327
The effect is due to more career-driven and therefore more intelligent women postponing giving birth to children until their early 30s and therefore it seems as if having kids later makes them more intelligent.
>>
>>11373

Never give birth in a hospital unless you are high risk. Hospitals are for sock people.

Inb4 brainwashed public.

T. Dr. Anon (yeah fuck you)
>>
>>11430

>Primarily it has to do with eggs and sperm. Alcohol, drugs, and vaccines don't just destroy your own organs, they damage sperm and eggs as well.

I cant believe there is actually 1 intelligent and informed anon here.

Nice job anon
>>
>>11865
Hi R3ddit
>>
>>11327
Why do I have a 102 IQ and am plagued by lactose intolerance and IBS and my mother birthed me at age 34.
>>
>>11900
Really, asking for source means you are from Reddit? That seems like a retarded assumption

>not same anon
>>
This is kinda like BLM but for old women.
A lot of women feel worthless when they get old, and realize that their purpose in life was to bear children, and they failed at life.
The get all depressed and suicidal because they kept hitting the snooze button when their biological clock alarm went off. Instead of recognizing what their body was telling them, they blamed their symptoms on PMS and took pills instead of getting pregnant to balance their hormones.

This study was designed to tell them that there's still hope, and after a few $100K in fertility treatments they might still be able to have sex even if no man has looked at them in years.

Come on guys, have a heart. Everyone deserves a second chance. Let em dream the dream. Let em believe that men will still want to put penises in them when they're over the hill. Chances are, it's not going to happen, but if they believe it they might not be so insufferable. They're probably going to become old bull dyke feminists anyway, but maybe this will buy some time and make the world a better place for that much longer.

If by some miracle one or two actually manages to have an egg left that isn't completely rotten, AND she spreads her legs again and again for some guy who needs glasses, is it such a bad thing?
>>
>>11880

Likely this. Wealthier women who are healthy enough to have children at a later age, and who are more driven towards success will probably see a healthy, high-achieving child as another accomplishment, and are therefore less likely to sit back and believe they're a goddess simply for pushing an infant out of their crotch.
>>
>>11640
>checkmate atheist
> IQ 150
Pick one you fucking primate.
>>
mother was 35 when she had me

>be retarded autismo
>unhealthy as fuck

i call bullshit pham
>>
>>11688
>Mom had me at 30
>Kwisatz Haderach
>>
My older sister had a baby when she was 14, she was actually 13 when she got pregnant 9 months prior. Her son was raised by our parents, so he's like a brother to me, but technically I'm his uncle. His mother and I have the same parents, so half of his DNA is related to me, while the other half comes from his father. So you could look at him as more of a step-brother genetically speaking, but his upbringing, treated as a brother clearly was a factor.

Had my sister run away and tried to raise a child on her own at 14, she would not have been able to provide for the child as well as my parents could. So despite being born to someone so young, he was well cared for and had far greater opportunities afforded him, and a much better environment to grow up in, than I would assume would be the case of most children born to young mothers.

He has a very high IQ from being raised in a good environment.

The medical community seems to be pushing more and more to downplay environmental cause and effect, shifting their focus towards genetics.

The fact that older individuals are likely better care-givers, able to provide an environment resulting in a healthy, intelligent child does not mean that old women give birth to genetically superior babies. The data from this study is being misinterpreted.
>>
>>13112
>this entire post

Okay guys stop fucking replying saying this, it was the fourth answer in the thread, we have covered this, you're contributing nothing.
>>
>>13112
many factors at play here.

Not only does growing up in a clean, secure environment produce healthier children, than those who are raised in feculence, having older siblings also plays a role in early child development.
Pre-school age children, learn a lot from their older siblings. Watching them do homework, for example, can easily result in the younger child learning the subject at a much younger age.
Studies show that first graders who have older siblings, often test-in at a 3rd or 4th grade level, and remain well ahead of their classmates throughout their school years.

Conversely, a first born or "only child" who does not have older siblings to learn from, will test lowest.
>>
>>11690
Could have been worse :/
>>
>>11457
My mom had another baby when she was in her 40's - her first try miscarried.
>>
>>14659
my mom miscarried when she was 33. she hasn't been the same since.
>>
>>11343
Atleast OP has a reference.

>>11535
>controlling the white population

We need population control the least.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.