[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Review of police gun use ordered by David Cameron
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35144366

>The prime minister has ordered a review of the use of guns by police in England and Wales following the Paris attacks, the BBC understands.

>The review will examine whether the law gives enough support to officers making a "split-second" decision to shoot.

>It follows concerns from senior police that firearms officers do not have the necessary legal or political backing to work with confidence.

>Labour has warned of possible damage to community relations with the police.

>Gunmen and suicide bombers killed 130 people in Paris when they attacked a concert hall, a major stadium, restaurants and bars almost simultaneously on 13 November.

>BBC political correspondent Chris Mason says the atrocity has provoked deep soul-searching within government and among the police, raising the question of how the UK would cope if something similar were to happen here.
>>
>>10724
soul searching my ass
>>
>>10747
The police here abuse and kill enough people as it is, they don't need guns.
>>
>>10746
When and where faggot.
>>
>>10724
i hope that hold hag dies and someone cute becomes the next rubberstamp "queen"
>>
>>10846
There already are victims of black crime, by the thousands, every month

Just because you don't see it going down at starbucks doesn't mean it's not real
>>
>>10911
i just hope it increases by a lot, most whites are pussies anyways
>>
>>10747
Yeeehaaw 'murica, where police shot and killed more people in January 2015, than English and Welsh police did in past 24 years
>>
>>10973
They're just taking out the trash. We're safer this way than our police doing nothing and having 24 years of criminals out there causing havoc and all
>>
>>10975
Innocent until proven shot, yeehaaw
>>
>>10973
Not the racist guy, but America a lot bigger country with more populated cities that bring in poverty, income inequality and crime. Comparing a country of over 300 million to one of 50 million is of course going to have different numbers in crime. Crime is directly related to poverty, and America has a history of slavery and immigration that brings in the poor.
>>
>>10990
Per capita bro
>>
>>10724

This could be good news. More guns for cops = more guns in general circulation = more hope for Britain surviving the zombie apocalypse.

On the other hand, I don't trust the average copper to handle his own cock, let alone a deadly weapon.
>>
>>10983
Don't mind that Americunt.
I agree with you but I don't understand why Cameron is reviewing gun use if it's normal (as in people aren't getting shot) over there. I guess for safety reasons, but I still don't understand.
>>
>>11075
It's obviously very easy political point scoring too
>Act of terrorism (Paris attacks)
>Fear in the community
>Propose tighter security and defense reform
>Community breaths a sigh of relief
>Politician sits back and watches his polls soar

This strategy is repeated all around the world after every terrorist attack. Does it make us safer? Sometimes yes. What it does achieve is a gradual erosion of our personal rights in the name of national security
>>
>>10747
>In america ever police officer has a gun.

We know, the news can't do a day without hearing about your latest police kills unarmed suspect fiasco.
>>
>>10990
>but America a lot bigger country with more populated cities

Does the term "per capita" not exist in America?

Because you dumb fucks never understand it.
>>
>>11532
Ypu know something else? Here in Canada, every police officer has a gun too... and there aren't a ton of police killings either. The problem is not guns. It is never fucking guns. The problem is people.

As a proud /k/anadian gun owner, I sure am glad we left the empire. Commonwealth is commonwealth, you know we always got your back, but fuck me, I would NEVER want your laws or culture.
>>
>>10990
You also have to remember that murders are counted differently in the UK. Our system is quite a bit looser. When you adjust for that, their murder rate is significantly higher, although still slightly below our own.
>>
>>10990
I wrote a paper on this. Even taking into account the different population sizes, and discrepancies in recording of crimes, the US still has a 5-6 times higher homicide rate.

>>11533
>Does the term "per capita" not exist in America?
>Per capita? What is that? A kind of Italian cheeseburger?
>>
>>11532
>We know, the news can't do a day without hearing about your latest police kills unarmed suspect fiasco.
Why do you think that is? Your news reporting every day about what happens in the US.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.