[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kariba Dam, World's Largest Man Made Body of Water, Likely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: we wuz engineers.png (297 KB, 456x261) Image search: [Google]
we wuz engineers.png
297 KB, 456x261
https://archive.is/Uk2dm#selection-2039.0-2039.190

The decades old wall, on which construction began in 1955, will send billions of tonnes of water crashing towards various rural communities that have their lives set along the Zambezi river.

The gigantic structure, which stands 128 metres tall and 579 metres wide and is a key feature in the world’s largest man-made lake and water reservoir, has been operational for more than 50 years.
>>
This wouldn't have happened under apartheid

Maybe the Chinese will fix it after they enslave Africa
>>
>>10728
25 years of dam life before Zimbabwean sovereignty. so half of it did happen under apartheid, didn't it?
>>
>>10742
>I don't know what maintenance is, the post.
>>
>>10742
Do you think such a structure can stand forever without being maintained?
>>
>>10742
25 years of no/improper maintenance
>>
WUZ
>>
>>10831
HYDROELECTRIC
>>
How many niggawatts does it produce?
>>
>>10880
I do, you probably wont be there when it happens, Nazi.
>>
>>10880
Not if people evacuate first :)
>>
>>10904
And they'll just evacuate to Johannesburg, be ghouls, continue the trend of destroying that city.
>>
>>10723
Wouldn't you just build a new dam in front of the old one and then do a controlled opening of the old one so the water doesn't crush the new one?
>>
>>10954
>Wouldn't
Works, but was supposed to be Couldn't.
>>
>>10932
Who gives a fuck
>>
>>10723
i need a definition of one niggawatt in cgs or SI units, preferably SI, or otherwise using J or N.
>>
>>10991
anybody?

in meanwhile bump.
>>
>>10837
I lol'd
>>
>>10954
That would require money, resources, and a non-corrupt construction crew and leaders, none of which they have.
>>
>>10723
>niggers can't maintain white built crap

look news, if people don't want me to be "raycist" first black people need to get their shit together. It seems wherever they go, the place goes to shit.

Beat racism by getting your shit together, not by censoring speech. And don't say "buh da white mayn keep a nigger down" - maybe decades ago, that shit doesn't pass now when you run your own fucking countries.
>>
There should be bookies in Vegas who focus solely on disasters and human tragedy.

Like some kind of new sporting event.
>>
>>10954
Dams get silted in so that idea would not work. What they need to do is demolish the the dam first and then build a new one. Of course that means the reservoir will be depleted but it also means they don't have to spend millions of dollars on dredging.
>>
hopefully zambia will get an IMF loan and pay Chinese engineers to do it
>>10742
1959+25 = 1984

rhodesia was already out of power by then
>>
Luckily it's in Africa so if the worst happens we will only hear about it for a couple of days, if it was in West then obviously that would be the biggest catastrophe in recent years with the media milking it for several weeks.
>>
>>11159
If only it would take all of Africa with it.
>>
>>11167
People would just replace their hate of Africa with the Middle East, then.
>>
this shit is just like that one in Brazil
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banqiao_Dam
>The dam failures killed an estimated 171,000 people; 11 million people lost their homes.

>>11231
which one?
>>
>>11170
no one hates africa we pitty it so in turn we send millions of donations that only destroy local buissness its fucking funny as shit
>>
i hope it collapses and someone catches it on video
>>
>>10991
3/5 niggawatt = 1 watt
>>
>>10992

As we know in physics P= Work done(j)/ time(s) or joules per second

work done ( J) = force(n) x distance moved in the direciton of force(m)

1 Nigger ( aka one joule ) = the energy needed to collect one welfare cheque
S is the time it takes for the negro to collect that welfare check

So one niggerwatt in SI would be N/S or a nigger a second

i think that's right..
>>
>>10991
>>10992
This was discussed many years ago at my highschool. A Niggawatt is the power required to propel Michael Jordan to a slam dunk on a standard basketball hoop.
>>
They sure keep the fuckers north of the Zambezi now.
Fucking communist niggers.
>>
>>11537
>using the imperial system niggawatt
>>
>>11085
>Chinese Engineering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBH-S2F6ajY
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.