[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/news/ help thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 0
This /news/ board didn't pick up the pace after being added to the board list... What else can we do to make our board more popular?!

Generic rule following news post (continuing coverage of Anonymous' own war on terror)
> http://fortune.com/2015/12/11/anonymous-isis-trolling-day/
>>
>>10465
The pace of the board is fine, we just need more quality posters.
>>
>>10467
>The pace of the board is fine
1 post every 3 minutes is NOT fine.
>>
>>10468
Yes it is
>>
>>10469
No faggot - /mlp/ is on fire and that's a show dedicated to a shitty little girl's franchise. We all should be ashamed of ourselves. This is a board about news & information in real time and it's slower than /po/.
>>
>quality is measured by how fast people post to a board
Yes, everyone knows /b/ is a bastion of quality original content.
>>
>>10470
>mlp

and this is precisely why you're full of shit

quantity does not equal quality
>>
>>10481
Well, this is just one terrible board nobody will ever call their home board. Case dismissed...
>>
I'm not posting here because I just get an error message whenever I try to make a comment.

Quick reply hasn't worked on this board for me since its inception.

I've only come here just now to see if it is working yet, which it isn't.
>>
>>10493
Honestly this board isn't terrible because all people do is post and discuss news instead of flinging shit like /pol/ does.
This board is pretty comfy.
>>
>>10494
See Hiro's next board: /test/ - Test Your Setup
>>
>>10493
I've been here a few days and I have almost posted more here than the 5 years I have been on 4chan. This is going to be my new board, and i just showed It to a friend, I takes time for things to get going.
>>
you guys sure do love your meta
>>
>>10481
But /mlp/ is full of quality content.
Don't tell me you think that horse vaginas are bad content.
>>
Less popularity the better
>>
>>10465
How about removing the stupid text only thing. This board looks super boring.
>>
>>10531

This
>>
>>10465
The least you want for a board in 4chan is to make it popular. It may attract shitposting, reddit, and other stuff. I agree that this board needs more movement and trafic, but that depends on the news plublished and discussed in here.
>>
>>10549
Please no.
>>
>>10465
I'd post here if it were an imageboard.

I only keep coming here to see how miserably it's doing.

>>>/wsr/ was only created today and it already has 20% the number of posts as /news/, I expect it will overtake /news/ soon.
>>
>>10531
At least, as long as they don't delete it.

Unfortunately, we still have a few people posting opinion pieces and old news, both rule violations, which I didn't expect with such a slow board. Hopefully if it makes it past the trial period they'll enforce those rules more strictly.
>>
>>10494
>Quick reply hasn't worked on this board for me since its inception.

4chanX user here, QR has always worked for me

┐(´∀`)┌
>>
>>10569
That's what you get when people can't post images. It's probably a blessing for this board; otherwise, it would probably end up just like /pol/
>>
>>10465
no, fast boards are good for interests, not dicussion.

Who are you to decide what's good for the rest? /news/ is fine as it is
>>
this board is shit, don't know why the gook created this
>>
I think that if you allow racism then this board would really pick up.
>>
>>10706
It would be good with some modifications.
>>10715
I'm surprised we haven't yet had an episode of Swastika ASCII art spammed across the board so far...
>>
>>10679

This. /news/ is like /n/ before the stormfags arrived, let's not fuck it up YET AGAIN by making the board more accessible to idiots.
>>
I can't make any posts because 4chan says that I have made five active threads, but I only see two in the catalog.
>>
>>10738
>like /n/ before the stormfags arrived
/n/ was just a dead joke of a board. It wasn't a real precursor to old /new/ or /pol/.
>>
First board I read
>>
First off I check this board every morning at 6:30am with my morning coffee, and I consider it my home board.

Secondly, I've consistently seen well informed arguments and entertaining debates here

Finally, its obvious that the posters that do come here are news buffs like myself, and have high standards fir material.

A text board keeps out the riff raff. Its fine just how it is.
>>
>>10754
why make so many threads?
>>
>>10757

Some of us liked /n/ just fine as it was.

NNNP.
>>
>>10773
Some people have plenty of time to kill.
>>
>>10468
It absolutely is. Just because you're used to shitfest boards like /v/ and /pol/ doesn't mean that's how things are supposed to be. 4chan isn't a chat room.
>>
I have no problems with this board as it is, in fact I really love it here the pace is perfect and if you want it quicker then just do more for the board. I feel like this board is what /new/ was meant to be but that can't be done without somewhere like /pol/ to draw all the non-serious shitposting stuff out. Really its a perfect idea to have /pol/ but have /news/ as well. I also like the no photo feature, the text only keeps the plebs away and stops a lot of baiting like what often happens on /pol/. Really this board is probably my favorites on 4chan now. It is about time the spirit of the newsman returned.
>>
>>10787
Agree I was on old /n/ from 2006 until the board was deleted and avoided moot's replacement boards, instead I frequented other chans news boards. It is nice to have true reincarnation of /n/ instead of the monstrosities that have been festering here.
>>
>>10467
>>10465

Its okay everyone, Im here now
>>
>>10772
this
>>
>>10915
PEOPLE ARE CHATTING AT THIS VERY MOMENT
>>
>>10465
Everybody relax, i'm here...
>>
>>10934
AND FAPPING TO EACHOTHER
>>
>>10936
D'aww.
>>
This board is deader than my last girlfriend.
>>
>>10468
Oh fuck off back to /b/
>>
Didn't know of this board's existence until clover fucked up and added a bunch of shit to my list just now. Content will increase as people find it, don't worry.
>>
>>10772
Agree
It would be nice to have more threads though, but it will obviously pick up over time
>>
>>10859

I stuck around on /new/ and /pol/, trying to discuss news and current affairs. It was a thankless task to say the least. I'm glad /n/ is back, fuck these cockmonkeys who just want MUH /b/ or MUH /pol/ mark 2.
>>
>>10773
It's been over the entire time span the board has existed.
>>
most boards have their own news that anons/shills deem important

remeber when pol ha a million posts talking about forum sliding?

its a good thing the news board doesn't move quick
when it does something we know is up

anons know its hard to find something newsworthy that isn't just some PR for some stupid fucking ideological group/business/new gadget.

other than that
>wiki leaks
>truthout
>fark
>your local pages in your newspaper
>under reported shit
>follow up shit that the MSM no longer cares about
>shit
>moe shit
>>
Agreed this is my new fav don't take it down
>>
I only even learned it was a board just now. No picture rule is a bit silly but I guess it's easier to prevent /pol/ outbreaks that way.
>>
It's slow, but there are far worse things it could be.
>>
>>10859
That made me sad. I'm glad /news/ is here.
>>
>>11211
A racist cesspool like /pol/ is?!
>>
>>10465
im actually slowly starting to browse and post here. haven't started threads yet, but i think a lot more interesting topics could be dicussed thou.
>>
>>11267
Like your arse, is it nice and tight?
>>
>>11317
Rude NNNP
>>
Does this thread still bump?
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.