[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would /n/ consider this a good starting bike? it's on &
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: CBPXRT58ALRIV22-BLK_P1.jpg (126 KB, 950x600) Image search: [Google]
CBPXRT58ALRIV22-BLK_P1.jpg
126 KB, 950x600
Would /n/ consider this a good starting bike?
it's on 'sale' and you can change some of the stock components

I've been looking at the Canyon Endurance AL 5.0 with Tiagra Groupset which is £700+50 shipping and waiting list https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/road/endurace/endurace-al-5-0.html

SRAM Rival 11 Groupset
Vision Team 35 Wheelset
San Marco Saddle
FSA Omega Handlebar (optional) because it's 38cm

All For £650, So whats the better bike? http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXRT58ALRIV22/planet-x-rt-58-alloy-sram-rival-11-road-bike

pic shown has stock parts, Seatpost etc.
>>
>>977591
>Would /n/ consider this a good starting bike?
It's more than a good bike. It's an excellent bike with a component level that even picky and experienced riders would do very well with.
The Canyon is better looking and a pro brand, the PX is much better speced and cheaper. Pick your poison.
>>
>>977593
i do like the look of the canyon but for my budget the px sounds too good to be true.

the canyon has a 2 month waiting list too. the 6.0 which i wanted for the 105 Groupset is 800+shipping so i might just go for the px
>>
>>977627
For what? Question answered.
>>
File: pantani-verità.jpg (411 KB, 2048x1819) Image search: [Google]
pantani-verità.jpg
411 KB, 2048x1819
http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cannondale-CAAD8-105-5-2016-Road-Bike_83267.htm

Another option. I'd go with the Planet X though. That's a great price for the spec, especially with the included half decent wheelset & almost complete group. That FSA chain will last 1/4 of a KMCs life and the tires are trash, but that's basically it for compromises. Definitely get the blue one. It looks better and it is a LOT safer. Riding a monochrome road bike is very foolish. Why 38cm bars? LONDON? Measure your shoulder width, it's probably not <38cm.
>>
File: good.png (155 KB, 305x219) Image search: [Google]
good.png
155 KB, 305x219
>>977632
Oh good, another eternal thread
>>
>>977636
I'll be getting the 42 or 44 cm handlebars
you can change the tires and chain in the custom area but extra money obviously. I'll be using them for a couple of months then when I'm fully adjusted I'll upgrade the little things
>>
>>977661
I'd go for GP4k2 tyres from the start. And latex tubes if that's an option and you have a good track pump. But not upgrading the tyres is silly. Why spend money and ride time with shit tyres?
>>
File: r twigg pursuit.jpg (199 KB, 623x1024) Image search: [Google]
r twigg pursuit.jpg
199 KB, 623x1024
>>977679
This. Although 'upgrading' the tires is a few dollars more expensive than buying those upgraded tires as well off wiggle and having a spare set, so meh. But tires easily> all other components.
>>
>>977636

>LONDON?

kek'd
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.