[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best bike touring routes in the world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
from the cyclingabout blog

posting pics because they're pretty

have you ridden any?

>Zigzag Road to Zukuk, India
>>
>Tianmen Mountain Road, China
>>
>Gorges du Dadès, Morocco
>>
>Passo Dello Stelvio, Italy
>>
> france
>>
> Serra Rio Do Rastro, Brazil
The
>>
So the author just typed 'switchbacks' into GIS and then wrote the article?
>>
>>977450
> sharing that road with all those cages
>>
>>977450
Giant Glory time.
>>
>>977445
Looks nice but the pavement looks shit
You might take a look at Transfăgărășan & trans alpina in romania also
Transfăgărășan is pretty shit for roadbikes from the paved pov, transalpina is good
>>
>>977474

That is how most blog/clickbait articles are written, yeah.

I've known people who had jobs writing them. One of them was writing real estate advice columns. Dude had ZERO experience in or knowledge of the field. He was actively discouraged from posting references or fact checking.
>>
>>977445
>>977446
>>977448
>>977451
>riding a bike in third world mountain roads
It's like you want to get killed.

I've got 2 weeks of cycling coming ahead at the start of August in Majorca. The entire island is a cycling paradise.
>>
>>977445
I've never been much out of California my entire life, but climbing up the mountains here, and in and around the hills along the coastline, you have some very pretty scenery. Descending mountains there's not much to look at unless you don't care if you live to see the bottom. ;-)
>>
>>977534
nice roads too
>>
File: 9057492943_4c4cde5231_b.jpg (580 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
9057492943_4c4cde5231_b.jpg
580 KB, 1024x768
Grosse Scheidegg, Switzerland.

No cars allowed, only buses but they usually signal with their massive horns when they approach blind corners. The climb from Grindelwald looks like a very tough one though, with the final 6km all over 10%.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.