[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of you guys have anything similar to these bike locking cages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: bikelockers2_0[1].jpg (113 KB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
bikelockers2_0[1].jpg
113 KB, 600x250
Any of you guys have anything similar to these bike locking cages in your area?

They have them here in the Bay Area subway stations. They are 5 cents an hour and uses an electronic key card to get in and out of your own personal cage and are solar powered. Technically they are for bikes but I guess you could really put anything in them.

Way safer and more secure than the typical metal bike racks and pretty convenient too
>>
File: photo_bikelockers.jpg (75 KB, 664x244) Image search: [Google]
photo_bikelockers.jpg
75 KB, 664x244
They're all over the Twin Cities near major employers and transit lines. They usually cost 48 dollars a year.

http://www.metrotransit.org/bike-lockers
>>
I'd totally live inside one
>>
>>976839
fucking cager
>>
>>976843
kek
>>
Bike locking cages are stupid imo.
>>
Seem like a huge waste of space. However if they were robotically stacked vertically in an underground facility and brought to the surface as needed, that would make more sense. You could have a handful of retrieval stations to access many boxes. They could even be smaller and plastic since they wouldn't rely on the box itself for physical security.
>>
In Boston, there are free bike cages in major rail stations, unlocked by a registered fare card.
>>
They have them at the North Hollywood LA metro red line/orange line stop but I've never seen them at any other stop. It's kinda stupid, the whole point of bike+metro is so you don't have to walk the last 2-7 miles once you get off.

It's a cool idea but I don't have any use for them.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.