[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IKEA BIKE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
what are your thoughts on the ikea bike, Sladda?

>The bicycle relies on a corrosion-resistant drive belt, rather than a traditional bike chain. Ikea claims the drive belt will last up to 9,320 miles (15,000 kilometres), which is two to three times longer than the average chain drive.

http://press.ikea.se/ikea-sladda-cykel/
>>
Nice commuter. Depends how much it costs.
>>
translated to dollaroos

$770, but if you have the ikea famcard, $450
>>
>>975745
699€
25 years warranty for the frame
>>
>>975747
>translated to dollaroos
>$770, but if you have the ikea famcard, $450

Family card? This?

http://info.ikea-usa.com/family/

Free card and a $450 belt drive dick bike? Is this for real? This is the perfect wifebike
>>
>>975752
>>975747

Ah shit... it's got a coaster brake in the back. Fuck. I'd forgive the SRAM automatix hub, but not that. wife hates those. Throw it in the trash. She can keep riding her rigid mtb
>>
>>975752
I assume the same applies to the US, the prices are roughly converted, not adjusted so your ameriprices might vary

I ride a rigid mtb, but belt drive > fucking greasy chain any time of day
>>
>>975755

belt drive doesn't > anything, m8
it's literal garbage
>>
I wonder if you could retro-fit a dick brake on the back end.

If the bike is $450, remove the automadicks hub, garbon belt, garbon chainring/cog, sell on Ebay. Use money to upgrade to TRP Spyres and new saddle/tires. Good stuff.

Also looks like Schrader valves which sucks too

They just went too far. The memes that IGH hubs and coaster brakes are what people want needs to end. They are too hard to service. The carbon belt is crap too, now that I think about it. Exciting part but replacement of it sucks, and there is already a chaingaurd for a normie chain
>>
>>975770
>implying normies can into presta valves
>>
>– SLADDA kan jämföras med en surfplatta med appar eftersom den har flera tillbehör anpassade för att göra vardagen enklare för användaren.
-SLADDA can be compared to a surf tablet with apps since it has several accessories made to make the users everyday life easier.

They think of it as a bicycle equivalent to an iPad.

'sladda' means "to skid slide" in swedish. I'm not sure about that name.

>>975770
coaster brakes IS what casuals in sweden want
>>
>>975777
>coaster brakes IS what casuals in sweden want
indeed
>>
>>975770
>Also looks like Schrader valves which sucks too
Casual bike designed in Sweden. Those are most likely Dunlop valves, which sucks doubly.
>>
>>975768
Belt drive is fucking baller. The problem is that IGHs all either suck or are far too expensive (often both).

I live in a flatter area, and three of my friends have single-speed belt drive bikes for commuting to work. They're damn nice.
>>
>>975781

>They're damn nice.

In what way?
>>
>>975780
Valve cap too big.
Thats definitely a scraeder valve in the OP.

Only the Dutch are so backwards they still use the dunlop valve.
>>
>>975786
>Only the Dutch are so backwards they still use the dunlop valve.
You've clearly never been to Sweden.
>>
>>975788
Nope.

Just lost some respect for the Swedish population tho
>>
>>975744
Is that a quill stem with threadless fork adjustor clamp?
>>
>>975770
There's no derailleur hanger.

Can't put disc brake but you can put a sturmey IGH with drum brake or a shimano IGH with roller brake
>>
>>975790
No, just a weird ass adjustable threadless stem
>>
File: bici-ikea-sladda-montaje.jpg (45 KB, 719x448) Image search: [Google]
bici-ikea-sladda-montaje.jpg
45 KB, 719x448
>>975790
>>975799
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.