[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I opened up this Flight Simulator App on my phone and put a flightplan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Airbus_A380_Paris_Air_Show[1].jpg (690 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Airbus_A380_Paris_Air_Show[1].jpg
690 KB, 1600x1200
I opened up this Flight Simulator App on my phone and put a flightplan from LAX to MNL. Holy s*** this takes forever, it's like a 13 hour flight. I am glad this plane carries a ton of fuel. Has anyone ever flew across the Pacific both in real life and or in the simulator just for fun?

Pic related: Plane I am "flying"
>>
After 8 hours of "flying", my plane is still in the middle of the Pacific with no land mass in sight. Since the map does not buffer, I have no idea how far I am from any countries. I have 26 QT left in the tank i have no idea what that means. This airbus is awesome.
>>
holy ****, i dont think im gonna make it. Not sure if I should go to Japan or wing it to my original destination lol.
>>
Holy shit, I am far frickin away form shore, doing a layover in Hawaii.... lol

last coords were

30° 0' 14.16" N 143° 9' 54.12" E

which was hella frickin far from Japan or the Philippines, Thank God for Hawaii popping out of nowhere.
>>
About 30 NM from Tokyo Coastline, approaching waypoint CVC. Turns out Tokyo was closer, damn Earth Curvature you crazy.
>>
After 3 frickin turn arounds, I finally landed at Tokyo International. Fuelly refueled. I am prepping to take off to head for my final destination. As they say, any safe landing is a good landing.
>>
>flight simulator on a phone
That seems... fun.
>>
>>975719
it is! obviously its not as good as flight simulator on PC, but mobile phones have gone leaps now with playability. I mean you can play GTA San Andreas now on the phone.

I am headed to an island by Taiwan btw, waypoint ALC.
>>
What app? Why the hell would you not tell us the app? What is wrong with you?
>>
I am about 30 NM from the airport in Manila, this is it, the culmination of my journey!
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-03-12-32-33.png (4 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-03-12-32-33.png
4 MB, 2560x1440
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-03-12-43-57.png (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-03-12-43-57.png
3 MB, 2560x1440
Landed!!!
>>
So you manually did in a simulation what a computer does in real life?...
>>
Please dont tell me you played this game for 8 hours
>>
>>975754
yeah i did, i twist 3 buttons to adjust altitude, speed and heading and then go eat or play computer games or watch tv then come back and recheck waypoint lol...

>>975756
hell naw, I even spent 6 hours sleeping just to see the plane off course by 60 NM lol xD
>>
File: 1467163273893.jpg (29 KB, 279x304) Image search: [Google]
1467163273893.jpg
29 KB, 279x304
>>975759
>lol xD
>>
>>975759
You should work on that nasty habit of posting 'lol' for no reason.
>>
>>975816
Seconded.
>>
>>975816
thats not a nasty habit, i thought it was funny that I was off course for 60 NM cause I was sleeping. You should work on that nasty habit of being lame even on the internet, geez... lol
>>
File: whale.jpg (403 KB, 1197x1657) Image search: [Google]
whale.jpg
403 KB, 1197x1657
>>975759
>i twist 3 buttons to adjust altitude, speed and heading and then go eat or play computer games
,,,, just like real pilots.,
,,letsee you model, THIS>PIC.
,the, Tractair!, usesmagents built into parachutes on long, FAST,, spool and retract motors,, Magnet getshot out the tube pulling parachute up, then opens at altitude and PULLLLLLLLS the gondola up!
>>
>>975938
Impressive
>>
>>975938
ily
>>
>>975873
You're clearly underage, which means you can enjoy your ban from the site.
>>
Guys the airline company tagged me to do a flight.

What will be my destination and origin?
>>
bump, flight starts at 0900
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.