[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY THE FUCKING FUCKDAMN SHITCUNT ARE CONTINENTALS ALWAYS SO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_0800.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0800.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
WHY THE FUCKING FUCKDAMN SHITCUNT ARE CONTINENTALS ALWAYS SO HARD TO MOUNT I'VE BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR TEWNTY MINUTES AND I'VE MADE ALMOST NO PROGRESS WHAT THE FUCK YOU KRAUT DOUCHENOZZLES SO MUCH FOR GERMAN EFFICIENCY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I MAD FUCK YOUR SHITTY MEME TIRES
>>
I've been using memeskins as summer tires for years and never had much trouble

You want "hard to mount", try mounting schwalbe winters with your bare hands at night when it's 11 degrees out and you have to take off your gloves to get a good grip
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XUFVrl0UT4
>>
>>975362

Push down with palm of your hands from both sides. Use your abs as fulcrum. Should slip on even without soap/lube.
>>
>>975381

>Not posting le ebin Squid video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ihtNH6kNbk
>>
>>975362
git gud
>>
>>975366
You're a ghost, right? You never managed to get those tyre on. They found you dead in the morning, still clutching a wheel with a half seated tyre. Sometimes, on cold winter nights an apparition may still be seen, still trying to mount that tyre. Right?
>>
>>975362
15-20min out in the sun will make it a bit easier.
>>
>>975413
Great advice anon, changed dozens of tires and never put two and two together
>>
I know what you mean OP I have gator skins and they are
Impossible. I had to get a flat
Fixed at a bike shop and he actually used a tire bead jack.
>>
>>975362
What the hell is your problem? I use nothing but GP4000's, have for years, I never need so much as a tire lever to get them on, not even when they're new. Just calm your tits, push in on the sidewall all the way around so the bead is in the well in the middle of the rim, and work the rest of the tire on with your thumbs. Easy-peasy.
>>
>>975397
2spooky4me
>>
>>975362
Hit the gym weakling
>>
>>975362
They actually get easier to put on over time.
Like, a year.
>>
>>975485
>he rides so little that his tires last at least a year
>laughinggirls.jpg

See: >>975441
>>
>>975490
Whoa there autismo.
Some of us have meaningful lives.
>>
>>975493
>Some of us have meaningful lives.
You mean fapping to anime girls in your stepmothers basement and shitposting on 4chan?
Yeah nah I'll stick to riding my bike and not being a fat disgusting slob.
>>
File: monatge_hakenlos_en[1].jpg (28 KB, 250x383) Image search: [Google]
monatge_hakenlos_en[1].jpg
28 KB, 250x383
>>975362
From a guy who mounts a shitload of tyres a day I have to say

>Schwalbe
Really good,low tolerances.
Fits on NEARLY all rims,will properly seat on most rims
Its the single most good quality aspect about schwalbe,Ive only enountered one rim which was so shitty it needed a "tight fitting" tire(CST czar)

>CST
Super loose fitting most of the time,really have t pay attention if the wire bead is seated correctly or else it might blow of the rim.
However some tires are incredibly tight to fit(2 models come to mind)
Nonetheless they have a quite consistent quality

>Continental
Usually quite/very tight fit,On my road bike which has quite large rim(tolerance wise)I have to put so damn much effort in seating them,and since they have not anti-puncture layer I chose not to leave them since fixing a flat would be a massive a PITA.
HOWEVER!
Some of the "westwood or endrick or westrick" style rims(rims without a hook to retain the wire bead like pic related) do benefit from a tight fitting tire since (very) loose fitting tyres can blow off the rim easily.
Schwalbe therefore(rightfully)recommends keeping the tire below 4-5 bar when fitting it one a steel(hook-less?)westwood or similar rim.

This is all anecdotal btw.your mileage may vary
>>
Jesus Christ guys, just buy a tire lever. Who are you trying to impress?

> I'm f-fine, just having a little rest
>>
>>975497
>>975498
>See: >>975441
>>
>>975499
No
Tire levers for all tires. Fuck your macho shit. Everyone should have a tire lever and use it.
>>
>>975503
tire levers are for taking the tire off you mongo.
>>
>>975499
Believe me when I say working with ALOT of different tire/rim combinations can cause the occasional "OH FUCK NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN!"scenario

Mounting a tire with a tire lever can be fine,but working in a shop I(myself atleast)think a tire should be mountable in such a way a "normie" should be able to take off and remount a tire to fix a flat.

Im not saying Im special snowflake for being able to mount difficult-to-fit tires but tyres should be able to re-fitted pretty easily after fixing a flat.

Tire/rim tolerances are shit here In the Netherlands at least.
>>
>>975362
>>
>>975519
>filename.jpg
>>
>>975503
>macho shit
What are you even talking about? If you do it right it takes very little force. Not even kidding with you. If you're struggling with it then your technique is bad and needs work. Seriously there are youtube videos and even articles on bicycling.com on how to mount (and even dismount) tires without using levers, ever. Intuitively, I think your problem is you have no patience with things and are trying to rush it. Try slowing down.

>>975509
Well I don't know what to tell you, buddy. I'm not a professional bike mechanic, but I've repaired my own vehicles of all kinds my entire life (I'm not a teenager or even 20-something anymore so I've been doing this a while) and I just don't have problems with GP4000's at all, they're soft and supple compared to some tires I've had, that's for sure, and as previously stated even when they're brand new out of the box I have no problems getting them onto the rim; it takes me longer to get the unfolded into a tire-like shape again than it does to get them onto the rim. It's just a matter of technique.
>>
>>975495
Cheeky little cunt.
;^)
>>
>>975366
The hardest tires are new.

>>975362
Kek op, you will learn and grow stronger from this experience. You're not doing it right. Start opposite the bit you're trying to get on, and work your way around the wheel pulling the tire bead into the center of the rim. Normally the bead seats the rim hook, and when you pull it to the center a few times, you make more slack where you need it. Look up some videos of this if you're confused.

Those are not even hard tires, try 'open tubulars' on 'tubeless compatible' rims for a real nightmare.
>>
It's because your pedro's levers aren't yellow.
>>
GRAND MEME 4000 DEFEATED

AN HISTORIC DAY FOR MY WHEELSET AND THEREFORE THE WORLD

>>975598
FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT WEAK ASS PEDROS SHIT THIS IS ORANGE NOVARA TERRITORY HERE SO YOU BEST GET TO STEPPIN BWAIIIIIII
>>
File: IMG_0801.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0801.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>975606

ATE MY PIC MY WIFI IS FUCKING AIDS CANCER
>>
>>975607
There are on upside down. The valve should point up to the prominent logo. Start again.
>>
Just do this >>975386 till your palms are red and hurt, don't be a pussy.
>>
>>975610
That isn't how the valve is on the Conti tubulars so you can eat a dick
>>
You might just have a term bike mechanics like to call "bitch hands"
>>
>>975607
>black sidewall Paselas
But why?
>>
step on tire and pull the wheel
>>
File: palanca.jpg (5 KB, 210x210) Image search: [Google]
palanca.jpg
5 KB, 210x210
>>975381
I recommend this, but for fast mounting, help yourself using one or two of these instead using only your hands.
>>
>>975958
Why would you fuck up your rims and risk pinching your tube with those pieces of shit designed for klutz and filthy casual?
>>
>>976005
If you need to use that things, probably is because the tire doesn't fit propperly in the rim. If that happens, the rim is shit and maybe the tire too. So, in that case you couldn't give a shit about rims.

>tire levers are casual shit
<i've never used shitty quality components

Sorry for being a poor piece of man.
>>
>>976005
>risk of fuck up the tuve

Only if you don't practice how to use them propperly without fucking up the tube.
>>
>>975920

Those are Tservs you mong
>>
>>976026
No, you just suck. Levers are excusable but not metal levers.
>>
>>976043
if you can mount a tire with plastic levers then you can do it with your thumbs. any tire that is genuinely difficult to mount (as in OP's picture) will instantly bend or snap any plastic lever you can find. plastic levers are literally only good for taking a tire off the rim or, evidently, for helping retards such as yourself.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.