[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metro North Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Web_Collage.jpg (105 KB, 855x580) Image search: [Google]
Web_Collage.jpg
105 KB, 855x580
Any riders here? When they're finished rebuilding the Waterbury Branch , its going to change the game for people in Connecticut.

That line is a single rail and incredibly shitty , but now connecticut has a brand new Rapid Bus Transit system that runs into downtown Waterbury, it has Millions of new riders and new customers for the shittiest part of Metro North so FINALLY things are being rebuilt. Upgraded Multi Tracks , switches , signal lights , ext. I cant wait!
>>
File: 0_7w97_Cx9ReuKoXxs.jpg (89 KB, 750x580) Image search: [Google]
0_7w97_Cx9ReuKoXxs.jpg
89 KB, 750x580
Heres a map of the rapid busses coverage so youll get an idea of what i mean.

This bus line has its own private highway so youll never get stuck in traffic. It feels like lightrail.

This will boost the hell out of the Waterbury Branch
>>
I have no idea why Connecticut bothers with trains and such

I'm in NYC and every time there's an article in the Times about transit or bikes, some cager says "I'm from Connecticut and this is going to make everything worse when I drive down to NYC twice a year to watch The Phantom of the Opera, all bike lanes and trains should be destroyed to make room for people from three states away to be able to park their cages for free in midtown"
>>
>>975164

You dont know how much of a shitshow getting into NYC from Connecticut durring rush hour.

Miles and miles of bumper to bumper traffic if you drive
>>
>>975175
Well, the obvious solution is to build more roads
>>
>>975177

More roads to the same bottlenecks? Everyones driving towards 1 bridge or interchange to get into the city
>>
Was a daily New Haven -> NYC rider. Back when bar cars were a thing. The cars were so old and beat and smelly, AC dripping on everyone, so you had to have six tallboys just to make it tolerable. And only one or two working outlets to make the morning doable.

Now the new cars are good, and they have added stations. Now I wish the governor would chill on the long bus thing for burbistan and work on city transit.
>>
>>975632

A rebuilt Waterbury Branch and that new New Haven Branch will be a boon for Connecticut's economy.

Now more people can live in connecticut and commute to new york for work. And now more new yorkers will invest into connecticut.

The Bus Rapid Transit system has brought Metro North Connecticut back to life
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.