[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fixed gear bike to get giant quads?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: track-cyclist-legs.jpg (97 KB, 959x600) Image search: [Google]
track-cyclist-legs.jpg
97 KB, 959x600
I want to get gigantic quads and booty. I know the guy in pic related is not natural but I still want those proportions.

I've thinking about getting a cheap fixed gear bike for commuting and a racing bike (like a CAAD12) for club racing and long distances. Of course, I will still hit the gym.

Thoughts? Tips? Bike recommandation?
>>
squats
>>
>>973853
But he is natural
>>
>>973855
well he is a big guy
>>
>>973853
>Fixed gear bike to get giant quads?
no. you got it backwards. they go hard on leg day so they can shred at the velodrome. get giant quads FOR fixed-gear bike, not FROM.
>>
>>973866
why wont anyone say "for you" ?
>>
That shit looks disgusting tbqh

But yes, a fixie will promote rapid growth but its not the best way. You need a geared bike so you can climb them hills all day and erry day..
>>
>club racing and long distances
>Being built like a pure sprinter

Plz pick one
>>
>>973875
Yeah, this. Most serious competitive cyclists do training in the weight room during the off-season to build up their prime movers. You really can't get like that just from riding.
>>
>>973886
>ride with the c group because no endurance
>but beat everyone on the sprint to the rest stop because quads

>>973866
His quads?
>>
>>973853
Your muscles are actually a mix of "white" and "red" muscle fiber. If you want to be a bulky sprinter then do rapid sprints up a hill to bulk up on the "white" fiber and then ride back down the hill and do it again. If you don't have hills, race cars across town or something. Most towns have a speed limit of 25mph and I can usually outpace cars for at least a few blocks.
>>
Go for a higher gearing on climbs/hills if you want to achieve that
>>
>>973876
Grow up
>>
>>973972
>tfw your state's in town speed limits are 30 and everyone goes 35

no car racing for me ;_;
>>
>>973972
>Most towns have a speed limit of 25mph
I wish I lived in your magical land
>>
>>974126
In seattle

In chicago my wind resistant sprints could beat cars anywhere. In seattle im either biking so fast downhill it takes a suicidal car to beat me or its up a 45 degree hill and not even worth it to compete

I miss chitown. Drivers less bullshit out here tho
>>
File: 20160513_134616-1.jpg (1 MB, 2808x1780) Image search: [Google]
20160513_134616-1.jpg
1 MB, 2808x1780
I have a single speed xc mtb with dh bars to ward off t-rex arms
>>
>>973853

Actually after 2 year of fixed gear riding I noticed good leg growth. After all I don't shift on climbs.
>>
>>973875
riding fixed does give you some mean quads after a year or two though.
>>
>>973853
you get big muscles from lifting weights at low reps, not from cardio stuff at high reps.
abandon the bike for a year and lift weights instead

no long-distance runner ever got huge muscles from running marathons. cardio stuff shrinks muscle mass
>>
>>977381
They don't get huge muscles because they don't eat enough for those muscles to grow. The muscles don't care how you activate them. Obviously some ways allow for faster muscle growth than others.
>>
>>977402
>The muscles don't care how you activate them
Doing 5x5 squats with full ROM with rest between sets vs an hour bike ride at 100 rpm. Do you think that's the same and will yield similar results?
>they don't eat enough for those muscles to grow
You're also implying that athletes don't eat enough to recover properly?
>>
File: hoyquads.jpg (45 KB, 306x490) Image search: [Google]
hoyquads.jpg
45 KB, 306x490
>>973853
To get quads like that you deadlift, squat, and do stationary bike intervals until you puke into the bucket and fall onto the nearby plastic mat. Riding some meme machine - no.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.