[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toronto Transportation Boondogle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: John_Tory_2014[1].jpg (209 KB, 763x1014) Image search: [Google]
John_Tory_2014[1].jpg
209 KB, 763x1014
Who /Toronto/ here?

You'd think that this guy would have been a better mayor than a literal crack addict, but him and council are amazingly myopic. Its still subways subways subways instead of a fully funded LRT network lol

>if you don't support a shitty subway plan for a suburb you're a racist

the mayor of Toronto everyone

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/06/24/transit-boondoggle-unfolding-before-our-eyes-james.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/mayor-john-tory-s-immigrant-talk-crossed-a-line-in-scarborough-subway-op-ed-josh-matlow-1.3655692
>>
>>973774
The thing is Tory knows the Subway extension is bullshit. He was a strong supporter of the SLRT before he ran for office. Add to the fact that he was once CEO of Rogers Cable so he knows it is ludicrous to spend what could be 4 times more money for such a low return on investment. He is in way to be deep now to go back and he is to bone headed to admit it.
>>
>>973774

/montreal/ here.

This city and this province would be the worse in the country if it weren't for Toronto and Ontario.

Thanks guys.
>>
>>973774
Even dead Rob Ford is a better mayor than this guy.
>>
>>973784
>He is in way to be deep now to go back and he is to bone headed to admit it.
I'm pretty sure he would just scrap the subway proposals and go for the LRT proposal were it not for the shit he would have to deal with the shit he would get from the vocal Scarborough residents.
The people backing the 3 billion dollar subway to nowhere are vicious and I pity whoever gets on their bad side.
I seriously can't fucking believe Toronto residents have now been debating for 3+ years whether they should build the fully-grade separated LRT or a 3 billion dollar boondoggle. Did Metrolinx not have a PR guy who could have broken down all the proposals without using any transit jargon in order to convince community leaders that the LRT proposal was the only way forward?

>>973812
>subway network has one of the highest ridership in the whole of North America
>subway network that almost entirely serves the denser parts of the island while still reaching into some parts of the burbs
>loads of low headway bus lines
>plans to expand the subway network and convert the commuter network into a large automated subway system
>it's shit
Yeah, sure.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.