[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So today was bike to work day in my city (Denver). I had to ride
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: BikeToWorkDayLogo1-Color.png (245 KB, 722x436) Image search: [Google]
BikeToWorkDayLogo1-Color.png
245 KB, 722x436
So today was bike to work day in my city (Denver). I had to ride because I discovered my vehicle had a flat. Holy fuck it was horrendous. Normally the main path in town (Cherry Creek path) is a gangbang of asshole riders, but it was 10 times worse and voluminous today. Riders were just being assholes to other riders. What a shit idea. Why is this allowed?

>Also, move back to where you came from you assholes.
>>
When it was ride your bike to wotk day in Austin, i missed out on all the free stuff the city and LBS gave out. I really didn't even notice a difference from my normal commute. Kinda worthless day, but Alternative Transportation Day was kick ass.
>>
File: pS6fRA8.gif (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
pS6fRA8.gif
19 KB, 400x300
>>971760
>Alternative Transportation in Austin

Like this?
>>
>>971760
remember last year when a sudden downpour and hail happened and cherry creek got flooded?

I had to commute to foco so I'm not doing a 100+ mile round trip and working 9 hours but some of the office types did.. it was kinda nice seeing a mostly empty parking lot and so many bikes their racks couldnt fit them all. They lined up about 20-30 bikes on the lawn, no locks or anything just a nice town where you can trust your shit to still be there at the end of the day.
>>
>>971767
Pretty much, bus rides were free too
>>
Everyone's reason for being on a bike is, always, uniquely superior to everyone else's, by definition. Just look at a typical "my way is right and your way is wrong and you are a bad person" bike discussion on /n/

Now, you invite a whole bunch of people, many of whom have not been on a bike in months or years, many of whom are female and inherently lack spatial awareness and the basic ability to put themselves in someone else's shoes for purposes of estimating trajectories or intentions of other cyclists/motorists/pedestrians, then you politicize it from the get go, and this is the obvious result

They had that in my city last month and, naturally, I found an excuse to take the subway
>>
>>971760
Native fag
>>
>>972153
Get out of my state subhuman trash.

Anyway I live in Colorado Springs and I have to commute by car. Cyclists were awful on Wednesday.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.