[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheap titanium frame: worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: ewr322.jpg (45 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ewr322.jpg
45 KB, 640x360
So I just found this beauty but I am quite skeptical about the price. Thoughts?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-road-bike/ville-de-montreal/titanium-ultegra-53cm-complete-bike/1166351416?null
>>
>>971226
I'm not clicking your virus, but /n/ hats Ti because we believe useful and good are mutually exclusive. If you buy something better than gaspipe BSO it needs to be loud crackle crabbon, why would anyone with money be on a bike at all? The only reason is cosplay as team movistar and they use crackenpop crabbon. As you can hear from my loud ass frame I definitely am not trying to use my bike for transport
>>
>>971264
Go meme somewhere else, kid.
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>971472
I wasn't lying
>>
>Ultegra triple
>touring wheels
>3-2.5, not 6-4
it's not a bad deal, but not a bike you need to freak out over - it's not anybody's grail bike. But if it's your size OP I see no reason not to buy it and ride the hell out of that bike.
>>
It's old enough to be out of fashion. A tight (small jumps between cogs) cassette and a triple used to be the standard gearing for a serious road cyclist in Europe. I've ridden a lot with equivalent gearing and it's very similar range to what is now the standard road gearing of a compact crank and a 11-28 cassette, albeit with a completely different shift pattern. Roadies now might scoff at the triple but with a tight cassette i think it's excellent gearing.

Those aren't touring wheels, a handbuilt set of open pros is just the now outdated but old gold standard for training wheels. They're strong and very decent. If they're true and don't have buckles that's a great pickup.

One bottle cage, aerobars that high, 'Comparable...3500$++', this bike could easily have seen fuck all miles and might all be in great condition. The teeth on the crank certainly look that way. However it might also all be shot in which case it's not a great deal. You'd want to ride it and make sure it shifts nicely and doesn't slip. It's old. That generation of ultegra is incredibly good looking imo. But it's old.

The frame is comparable to high end steel - columbus sl etc- probably rides very nicely. I'd closely scrutinize it for any cracks though, especially around the welds.

You'd want to be under 5'10.

The price is fair and could maybe even be haggled.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.