[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good deal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 456red.jpg (48 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
456red.jpg
48 KB, 640x360
Looking for a good race bike, used and under 1k CAD. Thoughts?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-road-bike/ville-de-montreal/specialized-s-works-m4/1171686111?null
>>
That's the ugliest frame I've ever seen. Also that looks like 10 speed ultegra, going by the five arm crank. But then again for canadian monies I dont know if it's a lot or a little.
>>
>>970944
FD/RD are 11sp Ultegra, crank is 10sp 105. You're right, ugly as fuark though.
>>
>>970944
No it's a 11 speed and I don't care about the frame, as long as it is aluminum.

That's around 760 USD
>>
>>970947
You can get a CAAD10 105 for that much if you're patient. Try Facebook groups if there are any local ones.
>>
>>970932
What kind of racing?

What category ? What course, what age class?

Do you have experience? Do you have a method of getting this bike fitted?

You can't just go on Craigslist with $650usd buy whatever looks cool and expect to podium

Because chances are as it sits your bike isn't legal to race cat 5 time trails

And the only racing you can possibly do right this second is pubic course no prize no medal fun ride
>>
>>970948
I am racing with a club, nothing professional but they are high level amateurs. No experience and I will fit it at my local bike shop. The bike is perfect for my size. I want a fun bike where I can go fast and also as a commuter for work. I am 23
>>
>>970953
So just group rides or are you going to race in USAC certified events?

If you want to race in an official manner you need to download the "cycling Bible" which are the rules and regulations for a given season and you need to make sure you and your bicycle meet those requirements

And pay your membership dues

If it's just for group rides and commuting anything should suffice
>>
>good
>used
people who can't afford good bikes are an embarrassment to the cycling community

if I saw a loser riding that thing I would just run them over in my cage on the way to my once a week strava run

pic related, it's what a real bike looks like
>>
>>970962
What if I CAN afford a real bike but I choose to use a SS hiten?
>>
>>970962
during my supported century ride saturday there was a lady with an easy $5k TT bike.. she had to unclip to turn because she was scared of falling down... these are the people who waste their money on over priced bikes they cant even ride properly.
>>
>>970978
What is it about TT bikes that's so appealing to casuals? Saw a woman walk her bike up a slight incline because she couldnt clip in.
>>
>>970978
>>970980

Ha, women am i right? They should stick to blowjobs and purses
>>
>>970980
They need something to differentiate themselves from "shitter poorfags" who ride bikes for reasons other than pretending to be a professional racer. Deep down, people like that hate bikes, but spin class had too much gossip and they thought they'd try something that made for more interesting facebook updates
>>
Honestly, if it fits you it's a pretty good deal.
>>970953
Don't commute with it unless you want to lose it or you can park it in a secure place with either very limited access or in your workplace where you can easily keep an eye on it.
>>
>>970983
Ok good. I just wonder how old is the bike? Some friend told me that an old Ultegra is as good as a brand new Tiagra.
>>
>>970988
https://knowyourbike.com/specialized/s-works-m4-road
It's about 15 years old.
New Tiagra is actually a pretty good groupset, but seeing how it's an 11 speed Ultegra set, the set is much newer than the frame and is likely pretty new, especially with the new aero routing.

If it's in good shape and you feel comfortable riding it, go for it.
>>
>>970988
That's not really true anymore it's a meme.

New tiagra is 10 speed old ultegra is 11 speed old dura ace is 11 speed.

And the old ultegra is new dura ace hurr durr

Stuff is false since a lot of the titanium bits in the dura ace never trickle down

So a tiagra 10 speed casette is still aluminum and steel

And an old dura ace casette 10 speed was titanium
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.