[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
finally got hit by a cager; time to get paid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11
File: 1461520003724.jpg (157 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
1461520003724.jpg
157 KB, 1920x1280
finally got hit by a cager; time to get paid
>>
Mine hit and ran. Good for you, anon.
>>
Kinda sucks desu. I wouldn't want anyone to get hit by a cager but if you're not seriously wounded and you're getting money out of it, more power to you.
>>
File: 20090518-dolla.jpg (124 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
20090518-dolla.jpg
124 KB, 500x285
>get new bike
>get hit again
>profit
>>
>>970884
I ride at least a couple hundred miles a week for years and never even get close to being hit, must have been your fault. Are you a skeezy little leech of a NEET who got hit on purpose so you can steal money from an innocent driver? Are you a nigger or a gypsy?
>>
>>971026
>>971026
This is one of the reasons bikes are so hated.
The amount of money these fuckers scam off they system every year is mostrous
>>
>>971045
DUI plus a civil suit, eh?

Sounds like you've got a bike in your future, maybe it would be wise to make nice with us. We could even help you learn to change a flat :)
>>
I think getting mildly injured by a car would be nice, I'd get some yummy painkillers and a fat check. Sounds fun!
>>
File: 1450963995655.jpg (80 KB, 811x985) Image search: [Google]
1450963995655.jpg
80 KB, 811x985
>>971026
Op here.
I ride 28 miles a day. Today I didn't slow down for a red light that turned green once I got to it. The first driver in line didn't see me and didn't use blinkers when he turned right. I fractured my elbow and can't work for at least 6 weeks and I'm gonna live a satisfactory life :)
>>
File: 1450865980669.jpg (149 KB, 808x988) Image search: [Google]
1450865980669.jpg
149 KB, 808x988
>>971026
Also yr an elitist. An arrogant 4chan poster who believes they are being robbed by the poor. Yr day will come, cager-lover.
>>
>>971072
Please squeeze them for all it's worth.
Remember if you feel like mercy, don't. It could have been any of us
It could have been fatal if not for extremely good luck
The cager must pay, and a message must be sent. Let them think about what they did every time they see their garnished wages. Maybe, a future cager kill can thus be prevented. Could even be me
>>
Wow, 4chan cyclists are shitty people.
>>
>>971088
Yeah I could use all the money I can get atm. Not looking forward to the surgery but if I make profit, it'll be fine. The usa definitely needs it's drivers to integrate with bicycles and share the road safely. This is what happens when a culture relies on a complex machine that half of its users aren't attentive enough to properly drive. Fuck the common-folk.
>>
>>971088

>being this self-righteous

back to /r/bicycling with u
>>
>>971090
>being in favor of safety makes you a shitty person
Yeah I was told that in the "what headphones do you use to distract yourself while swerving around on your fixie" thread too

It's also funny how /n/ agonizes over tire compounds for wet weather but can't into something as simple as disc brakes, foot retention, and an effective lighting system

Basically safety is for squares
>>
>>970884
I got hit as a kid, the guy offered to replace my bike (which he absolutely destroyed), but my parents wouldn't take the money because they thought it was a bribe or some shit to keep his insurance from paying my hospital bill.
>>
I know a chick who knocked a guy off his bike and got sued

She's a total airhead but somehow managed to score a pretty high paying job and lived in a way expensive part of town

Because of the settlement she had to get a cheap place on the shitty side of town, which seemed to fit her better anyway since she's kind of a trashy person

I suspect she might have been drunk but I have no proof

I don't think she even has a car anymore, she used to drive an infinity
>>
>>971090
>4chan
>shitty people

Did you discover this sote yesterday or are you Sherlock Holmes?
>>
>>971160
good story
>>
>>971153
Nice try, but he's talking about the fucks saying he deserved it and he's trying to scam a system.
>>
>>971265
>Making the person who ran over you cover your medical bills = "scamming the system"
Cager logic
>>
>>971267
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>971308
no
>>
>>971308
Because I'm in favor of accountability? What's the matter with you?
>>
>>971378
Because your response to be implies that I feel that way, retard.
I agree with you.

Respond to those who are actually saying that.
>>
>>971391
Sarcasm doesn't always work in internet form. It's hard to distinguish between someone making fun of the thinking of an average delusional cager, and an actual delusional cager.
>>
File: 1461696490999.jpg (144 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1461696490999.jpg
144 KB, 612x612
>>971394
>You never go Full-Downtube
>>
File: 1465481800251.gif (871 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1465481800251.gif
871 KB, 245x230
>>971088
>>971072

>tfw you will probably get nothing from them

I totally rekt some biker doing a similar thing, he decided to squeeze though before a light changed, slammed into front panel of my car (Cage, for the less intelligent) and god knows how badly he injured himself. Tried to sue me for 25k in medical and 'mental' issues he suffered, judge ruled against him because camera caught him running a red light before getting hit. He actually had to pay me 1100 to get the dent taken out of my quarter panel and repaint it.
>>
>>971416
It was his fault in your case. OP sounds like he is not at fault so he will probably be compensated.
>>
>>971417
Maybe you should re read the part where he didnt slow down for a red light.
>>
>>971436
That's why I said probably. Technically he's in the right because he didn't run the red light but a cop may cite recklessness or something.
>>
>>971437
If he was splitting the lane passing stopped cars then its his fault whether the car used his turn signal or not.
>>
>>971441
That depends on state law.
>>
>>971441
>splitting the lane
I was in the bike lane
and im in WA
Also the driver shook and squeezed my arm once I told him I was hurt.
>>
File: 2gen limow.jpg (506 KB, 2017x889) Image search: [Google]
2gen limow.jpg
506 KB, 2017x889
Newport beach,,closeing on PCH,, on Placentiabouto hit hill!
,,Girls!!OOOO ,hang out cage and,, FFFLASH!! NNNNNNNICE!,, zoomaway? i think not!!, CHASE mode!,, WHO LETHE DOGSOuT!,
,, catching tits,, tits squealing that i gaining!!, red light at PCH turns green and,, i,, HAVE THEM!!! HAA HAAAAA!!!, \
,,, just have to pass BIGBLACK Caddy,, lost FOCUS!!,
,, RIGHTHOOK!!, SLAPSIDE of cage, turning, trying to grind me under,, grab rain gullter and swing up onto hood!!,, no handholds!! AAAAAH!!! CLAW CLAWWWW!!, slide down hood and off in front!EEEK!,,
, fullstop.
,,,,,,,,finger hurts, look, windsheild wiper cliped on pinky.,, walk around side, bike" whered you go boss?". all good,,, have a nice day.
,ya,,OP, im laying this on you!, never trust a cage.,, but SUE LIKE A KING!
>>
>>971467
>>the driver shook and squeezed my arm once i told him i was hurt.

He was checking to see if you were actually were hurt, which you weren't.
>>
>>971522
are you paralyzed?
>>
>>971532
He does it for fun. Bacon is beyond mortal limits.

>>971531
Doesn't matter, and just because you can shake an arm doesn't mean you aren't fucked. I'm >>970892
I got up and had to walk half a mile before my friends were able to pick me up. Didn't change the fact that my bike was fucked and my eyebrow was ripped off.
Walking it off is no arbiter of whether you're fine or not, retard. When you go to the hospital, they don't give your arm a shake and send you on your way.

Regardless, you can't just fucking hit someone like that.
>>
>>970884
she looks uncomfortable
why would you be holding that ugly bike
why don't u just let it sit on the ground like a bike should
why is she so shiny
is that a dude
>>
>>971522
The meds man. Take the meds.
>>
>>971592
She looks fine as hell.
>>
>>971072
You play vidya?
>>
>>971531
Well my olecranon has multiple fractures, i'm getting surgery tomorrow and can't landscape until August.
>>971522
ok boss
>>
>>971592
u gay
>>
>>970884
chain tension is fucked.
>>
>>971745
also, that's a fucking motorised piece of shit
>>
>>970884

>fagbike
>slutboots
>OP happy being hit

wtf
>>
>>971398
This guy will go to places
>>
File: fatbike.jpg (525 KB, 1674x1266) Image search: [Google]
fatbike.jpg
525 KB, 1674x1266
>>972654
>>
>ITT: yup
just gonna shoot every cyclist I see for the next forever.
>>
>>970894
I do. Does that make me an edgelord or suffering from autism?

There's a hipster try-hard on my morning commute who constantly blasts through red lights, uses the side walk when convenient and doesn't into hand signals. He's doing all this on a fuxie. I've seen this asshole cut people off at least half a dozen times, and he runs reds daily...so yes, i hope he gets fucking blasted and becomes a paraplegic with the insurance companies via court finding his stupid hipster ass at fault for everything.

It's hard enough to be safe being on a bike in traffic, in your little bike lane with people making right turns in front of you, or swerving into your bike like, parallel parking through your bike lane... It's also important to obey the rules, not because the state says so, but for self preservation. When cyclists are blowing lights and pissing people off, it makes everyone around them apathetic toward other cyclists.
>>
>>972662
would advise against divulging any specifics and to watch out for any symptoms of head/neck trauma which can show up later. especially if you're taking pain meds for the broken bones you might not notice stuff. should see a doctor if you can and get xrays at least.

you'll probably want to find a lawyer too

>>971531
this is not in good faith, as shaking or otherwise moving a potentially injured person could worsen their condition.

op i hope you get better but if your injuries aren't serious, I wouldn't expect a huge payout even they're 100% at fault. I do urge you to pursue whatever action seriously, I was in a hit-and-run 10 years ago but didn't press the issue seriously and now I am dirt poor along with having seizures and headaches all the time.
>>
File: cagers.jpg (103 KB, 1232x289) Image search: [Google]
cagers.jpg
103 KB, 1232x289
>>
>>971467
If he admits to that, have the police charge him with assault and battery. He had absolutely no right to touch you, especially since he was not administering aid as a good Samaritan.
>>
>>972660
You're not going to do anything.
>>
>>972662
1. using hand signals can be more dangerous than not using them. it's unsafe to take a hand off the handlebars, especially in traffic. and it's perfectly legal to not use hand signals when it's safer to not.

2. using side walk is perfectly legal in some places and quite frankly it should be everywhere.

running reds is retarded but that's really the only valid complaint you have and the law deals with these people.
>>
>>970884
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ta8lSwPGdU
>>
>>973420
>it's unsafe to take a hand off the handlebars
U wot

>using side walk
I sometimes ride on the sidewalk here where it's illegal, but i'll be insanely courteous. It's only safe for pedestrians if you can stay stable on a bike under 4km/h which most people who'd want to be using a sidewalk can't do.
>>
>>973463
here we go with the ridiculous childish posturing:
>if you don't ride with your eyes gouged out and woodpeckers jackhammering your eardrums while going against 6 lanes of 65 mph freeway traffic on "the backwards brain bicycle" after drinking a handle of rum and smoking six crack rocks like me, you don't have any bike handling skills

if two equally skilled people have to perform an increasingly difficult set of maneuvers, and the only difference is that one of them has one hand on the bars, and one of them has two hands, the one with one hand will fail sooner. that's what the guy meant "more dangerous", not that your hand will instantly detonate like an IDF cluster bomb in a schoolyard full of children.

but I wouldn't expect an edgy fixie/ebike twat (exact same kind of person) who rationalizes riding on the sidewalk, to actually understand logic
>>
File: 4680783.jpg (131 KB, 360x433) Image search: [Google]
4680783.jpg
131 KB, 360x433
>>973512
kek
>>
>>973420
>it's unsafe to take a hand off the handlebars, especially in traffic.
Even if this is true, then your conclusion doesn't follow:
>using hand signals can be more dangerous than not using them.
...because you're only evaluating the danger of taking a hand off the bars, and you're ignoring the dangers of not signalling.

>it's perfectly legal to not use hand signals when it's safer to not.
>implying cycling laws are the same everywhere.

>>973420
>using side walk is perfectly legal in some places and quite frankly it should be everywhere.
Bikes do not belong on the sidewalk.
It's dangerous for pedestrians, and unless you stop for every street crossing, it's dangerous for bikes too.
>>
>>973420

>1. using hand signals can be more dangerous than not using them.

if you think the little loss of control is more dangerous than not telling the 1000kg cage of metal going at 40km/h behind you where you want to turn fine, have it your way. But don't be surprised if people insult you. There is a reason why turn signal use is mandatory.

>2. using side walk should be legal everywhere.

This is retarded. When it's possible cyclists and pedestrian shouldn't use the same "lane" for really obvious resons.
>>
>>973524
based on your unit measurements I'm assuming you're from europe where hand signals are understood by cagers

here in the US if I were to signal left or right or whatever, the cager would assume I was trying to insult them and they might pull out a gun and shoot me

best to signal your intentions by your maneuvers and body language, and more importantly, never assume that "signalling" in any way whatsoever is seen or understood by anyone around you
>>
>>973524
>When it's possible cyclists and pedestrian shouldn't use the same "lane" for really obvious resons.
you mean the same reason cyclists and motorists should not use the same lane?
>>
>>971093
>>971072
Any updates?

Are you using a cycling-specific law firm? I carry around the card for one in my wallet since I assume I'll be in shock if and when a cager decides to make an attempt on my life.
>>
>>974208
Nothing much. I'm waiting for an offer from the insurance before I hire an attorney
>>
>>970884
>finally got hit by a cager
There are worse things to be hit by,
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36670145
>>
>>971090
They are all nu males who live in apartment cages and shit up /n/ with bike threads. I feel only pitty for them
>>
>>974522
>pitty
I'll accept
I'm getting an orchiectomy this year
>>
>>974556
F
>>
>>970884
Does hitting a cager count as getting hit by a cager? Because if yes then I got hit by cagers several times [spoiler]don't judge me I was picking my nose[/spoiler]
>>
I was hit by a cager once, or to be more exact, in a fit of cage rage he maliciously applied the brakes order to force me to hit him. I broke two teeth and lost one. Apart from that there were no other injuries or damages. I was worried that I would be considered at fault for following too closely (which I was, for a brief period) but his insurance approached me with a generous offer of compensation without being prompted.

The amount was more than enough to cover my dental expenses. Got some nice bike stuff and other consumer goods out of it, but I feel like I could have made better use of the money. OP, if you are lucky enough to end up with a decent amount of cash left after your bills are paid, put it to one side and write out what you plan to do with it before you spend any.

>>971026
Well I've driven at least a couple hundred kilometres for years and never even come close to hitting a cyclist, so it must have been the cager's fault.

>>973420
Cycling on footpaths is dangerous for both the pedestrians and cyclists. It should not be permitted except for children travelling at a walking pace.
>>
Got hit by an Uber driver backing out from a parking space not too long ago.

The crash fucked up two of my fingers real bad from the brake lever getting slammed into them but my bike was still intact and I wanted to finish out my shift since we were totally slammed.

Dude was hella FOB and I heard Uber never pays out a cent for accidents so I just took the $200 he offered me and filed for workmen's comp.

I had enough shit going on that trying to pull some Slippin' Jimmy shit for potentially a few extra dollars at best or getting countersued at worst wasn't worth it.

I ain't no little bitch like that.
>>
>>974556
Femanon time!
>>
>>970884
Too bad it wasn't a semi, big crash big cash.
>>
>>975588
>brake lever
You deserve it, fuckin casual
>>
Why do you get fucked over so much as a cyclist in the US?

If you get hit by a car here in the UK the driver will get 500 years in prison.
>>
>>976154
what?
>>
>>976216
How did you come to that opinion? Not a week goes by at road.cc without some article about a motorist who knocks someone off their bike being told "don't do it again" by the courts.
http://road.cc/content/news/127690-driver-who-killed-cyclist-escapes-jail-sentence
>>
>>976154

>he fell for le tarck bike maymay
A good geared bike is objectively better for city riding unless you're really such a poorfag you can't afford the upkeep.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.