[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of the trek 1.2? I come from a stunt biking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 880x587) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 880x587
What do you guys think of the trek 1.2? I come from a stunt biking backround but stopped doing that due to the risk involved. But I miss cycling in general and would like to go fast and maybe do a race or two.

Would the trek 1.2 suffice? I don't have tons of money to spend right now.

Or should I just get a used road bike that was more $ when new but has depreciated.

Thanks
>>
>>970547
It's shit.
>>
>>970551
Dam
>>
It's a perfectly good entry level road bike.
>>
>>970560
Should I get a 10 year old cervelo or another higher end bike instead for the same price? I'm looking for the best bang for my buck. I don't care if a bike is used or older. I doubt much has changed over the years.
>>
>>970574
It's not advisable to buy used carbon frames, due to hard-to-notice cracks on the frame. You should get a new bike with a low-to-mid-tier Shimano groupset, alu frame and carbon fork, and avoid brands such as Trek, since while they make quality bikes, there's a definite brand markup. Consider something like Jamis or Kona bikes. Also we have a bike buying general where you can get more detailed help: >>>/n/bbg
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 500x375
>>970578
How do I say no to this. http://pinkbike.com/buysell/1802341/

Tell me.
>>
>>970547

switch all the white bits to black, pull off rim stickerz, and you got a deal
>>
File: file.jpg (117 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
117 KB, 600x400
>>970574
>I'm looking for the best bang for my buck. I don't care if a bike is used or older

If you are mechanically inclined I would hunt for a cool older bike

Alu frame / carbon fork if you want to really race. You probably could afford replacing the fork right off the bat with your $1,000 budget if you are paranoid about it. PRobably could find old ultegra or semi-old 105 for that

If you don't care about racing I would look for an saweet old steel roadie or a cannondale w/steel fork

My aspiration bike would be old cannydale CX like this w/suspension front, mini-x, non-ergo drops, and fatty tires

Wonder where they got that allroad idea ya'll? kek
>>
>>970681
>mini-x

mini-v*
>>
Search out an older litespeed or a tsunami those are pretty cool to build up

If not caad10 frames are cheap now

Trek 1.2 is meh, claris level components
>>
>>970681
can you post a pic ?
is there a proto slate ?
>>
File: file.jpg (116 KB, 560x428) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
116 KB, 560x428
>>970810

already did babe

you see that black thingy there on the fork eh?
>>
>>970810

just look up the XS series. basically late 90s cyclocross + headshok like they used to use in their higher-end commuter bikes

I want one
>>
>>970817
>>970819

noice.

are headshocks really cool though ?
I've never ridden one.

I really dig the concept of road suspension though
>>
>>970820
>are headshocks really cool though ?
>I've never ridden one.

Me neither but the old reviews on the xs800 are all posi
>>
I have one, it is a decent bike. However, if you're thinking of racing it might be worth investing a bit more to get a bike with better wheels and shimano 105 or above.
>>
>>973248
It's worth noting that I changed the saddle and wheels on mine fairly soon after I bought it
>>
Order one of the bikes off wiggle's verenti line. Much cheaper and better components.
>>
>>970547

I test drove this and a Giant Defy 3. Both in my area were relatively the same price. The Giant was lighter, more nimble/stable in corners, better at stopping, and shifted smoother so I went with that. GCN tend to like the Defy 3 more as well. Check out their article reviewing 2016 entry level road bikes.
>>
>>974138

Strongly agree with this guy, but last time I expressed my opinion I got shitposted into oblivion, so tread carefully anon.
>>
File: Jan-Raas-1.jpg (32 KB, 512x336) Image search: [Google]
Jan-Raas-1.jpg
32 KB, 512x336
>>974138
>more nimble/stable in corners

those words, they do not mean what you think they mean.
>>
>>970547
If you don't have tons of money why would you even consider trek? It's like saying is the entry level ferrari any good, I don't have lots of money.
>>
>>974577

Bicycles are incredibly inexpensive. The absolute top end of ridiculous ultra-custom is maybe $20,000 - almost nothing.
>>
>>970819
There's one for sale near me for 300 bucks and it's in good condition, I'm so tempted to buy it but I'm scared.
If the headshok goes out, it's going to be a pain to rebuild.
>>
>>974570
OK, he meant controllable. Stop not picking, you fuck
>>
File: IMG_20160606_215150.jpg (2 MB, 2749x2750) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160606_215150.jpg
2 MB, 2749x2750
I bought mines for $980. For some reason came with shimano Sora shifter and derailleur. So that's a plus. The brakes are horrible. Like god forbid something comes in front of you. You're not stopping in time. The bike is light, shifting is a little clunky but a great bike besides those cons. Everything else is perfect.

>did a lil research trek did budget cuts to fit the 1.2 into a price range so went with noname brake pads.
>>
>>974849
>Reflectors
> front reflectors
> toe clips
> that casual bar height
> track pants
> wrongly tightened qr
> FUCKING VALVE CAPS
you need help.
>>
>>974849

The problems you are having are the result of the owner's ignorance.
>>
Meh we all start somewhere, not like they give you a uniform,and a pair of cleats when you buy your first road bike

>>974871
Explain. Brake I was swapping out as soon as they wear out.
>>
>>974880
Your bike's fine. Definitely change the QR lever positions. Put the front wheel QR just clockwise of the fork (behind it) and the rear QR centered within the back triangle. Don't over or undertighten them. Your thumb should have just enough strength to flip the lever to its locked position.
>>
>>974849
Nice shirt faggot
>>
>>974869
>hating on valve caps
YOU need help
>>
>>974906

They are useless on presta valves, like completely.
>>
>>975299

They trigger autists.
That's a use.
>>
>>975309

Not really they just make you look like a fred but then again you don't really look like you cycle at all. You look like a mexican that stole someones bike.

Give it back btw someone worked for it you know?
>>
>>974849
everything about this image triggers me
>>
>>975325
The bike looks like an entry level fred wagon to me, which i think is fine.
The rider looks like a fag. (Sorry fag dude. Anonymity lets me express opinions with impunity.)
>>
>>970547
>>
>>975299
you can cut the top off and use them as a ghetto converter for schrader pumps if you get a flat and your pump fucks up and you're by a gas station and want 45psi or something.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.