[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
aventon cordoba
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: aventon cordoba.jpg (11 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
aventon cordoba.jpg
11 KB, 300x200
Hey I was directed here from another thread. I'm looking for a cheap/entry level bike to start getting into crits and velo. I was directed to the Cordoba/aventon. How are they for bikes? Also I noticed their size chart is done by height(which I know is normally wrong) is it accurate? thanks.
>>
>>969722
>Cordoba/aventon

shit.

>crits and velo

I don't even know where to begin unpacking, so I'll just tell you you're an idiot and leave it at that.

If you even have a velodrome local, rent a bike there. If not, just fuck off entirely forever.
>>
>>969727
Who pissed in your cornflakes?
>>
>>969732

You did.
>>
>>969722
I don't really know anything but I don't think you can use the same bike for crits and velodrome.

Also why would you go into crits if you don't even have any training experience.
>>
>>969722
>crits
>on a fixie
>doesnt even have a bike

>>969732
Because you're the guy that causes a pile-up and causes hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of damage because you have no idea what you're doing.
>>
>>969735
Well I have training experience and am fairly fit. You are correct...in normal circumstances crits and velo bikes are different but they do have some track bike only crit races popping up.
>>
>>969736
What the fuck are you even talking about.
>>
>>969737
>Well I have training experience and am fairly fit

> I'm looking for a cheap/entry level bike to start getting into crits and velo. I was directed to the Cordoba/aventon.

Do you know how I can tell you're from reddit?
>>
>>969739

Could be from /fit/
Not sure which is worse...
>>
How about a fucking road bike?
>>
>>969743
already have one. Now I want a track bike
>>
>>969722
Aventon aren't really sports equipment they're fashion bikes

Mostly with mexicans who ride leader etc
>>
>>969746

most useful response.. literally all I was looking for
>>
>>969744

Just rent

>b-but I wanna ride a tarck bike onnaroad

just kill yourself

>>969747

>Sieg
>useful response

pick one

>aventon
>fashionable

LOL
>>
>>969748
oh fuck off already you literally the only fucking one spamming the shit out of this thread. Op got his answer now fuck off
>>
>>969738
He's saying you don't know shit and your going to crash into someone and fuck up all their carbon fiber.
>>
>>969749
>op
>his
Why are you talking about yourself in the third person OP?

Also 7 posters.
>>
>>969751
yeah vs 17 replies you nob..fuck off
>>
>>969753
cunt
>>
>>969753
Do people on /fit/ or reddit or wherever you come from only post once per thread?
>>
>>969747
if you want to ride crits make sure you bike meets the min requirements

forexample the one in my city required me to have a legal bike and a complaint helmet with the UCI

I'm Cat5 (public) but they required us to meet at least the basic requirements of the "men's pro" class

and our prizes were only $300 while the pros were $3075 so a little salty
>>
>>969757
mine was USAC category C (SEARCH YOUR CITY BEFORE YOU TAKE MY EXPERIENCE) \

and they were pretty serious for a simple race.

like warmup rules, anti-doping, helmet fit and all that shit
>>
>>969757
Yeah I hear ya man. They do have crits where I am that are track bike specific...I know some of the requirements are based on gearing and the norm. Obviously helmets are mandatory but yeah requirements are a huge thing which is why I'm trying to find a bike that is a good fit almost from the start. Anyways..thanks for the insight
>>
>>969722
>crits
Do you mean crits on a track? If not track then you don't want a fixed-gear bike, you'll get eaten alive.

If track, you need a real track bike, not a 'fixie'. Don't think a velodrome will even allow a street fixie for any reason.

If you want to do track I suggest you go to the track and talk to people to find out what you need.
>>
>>969766
oh yeah the san diego velodrome has TONS of rules too

they even have a page of rules for people who want to bring their dogs to the track
>>
>>969722

contrary to popular belive , you are not an idiot.

Every body knows fixies and ss are cool and all , but don't try justify buying one under the pretense of sports.
check out the local velodrome and go at it with a rental bike a few times untill you realize that it's not that much fun.

then either get a fxie for the swag ( I advice building one up from a steel roadbike for added functionality , learined skills , and further usability outside of fixie swag) or go with the trend and buy a advanture bike like the other cool kids.

or option number three find out what you want in cycling and maybe borrow a bike from someone for a while and then buy a advanture bike because that's what most recreational cyclists need.
>>
>>969846

buying fixies "for sport" is like getting that sweet tribal dragon tattoo on your biceps in memory of you granddad.
>>
>>969846
Or just buy a steel Schwinn enter cat 5 cross and crash into everyone watching hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of carbon fiber explode in a glorious manner

And cute inexperience as the reason you slammed your brakes as you were getting lapped by the pack leader
>>
>>969943
kys
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.