[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I plan to start riding my bike to and from work (only a 4.5 mile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
I plan to start riding my bike to and from work (only a 4.5 mile bike ride but it's an 800 foot rise in elevation for the final 2 miles, a somewhat difficult ride). The problem is I'm emaciated and being the summer where it will probably be in the 80s or even 90s (part of the reason, I want to bike in the sun) I will probably get even more emaciated with all the sweating and biking

How can I make this work /n/?
>>
>>966154
I don't suppose you have a bus option where you can chairlift your bike back up the hill?
>>
>>966156
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but the point is that I WANT to bike. I WANT to do the uphill bike ride, and feel as it gets (hopefully) easier each week until it's like nothing and improve my endurance. I WANT to bike in the sun and get a deep tan doing it.

I'm just worried about my emaciation getting worse doing it.
>>
>>966154
Start small, build yourself up.

If there are bus routes on the way, do half of the ride on the bike, then half bus up the hill.

Then of course you can just coast on your way back
>>
>>966163
You guys are misunderstanding my post. I have done the ride before, and I can do it. I even notice myself doing it easier after only a few days

My issue is not the ride itself. My issue is what I said in my OP at the end: That doing this ride, and riding my bike, especially in the summer heat, will make my emaciated body even more emaciated.
>>
Drink lots of water, eat nutritious food, avoid stress and get enough sleep? This is not really cycling specific advice and you don't need any for a 4.5 mile ride.
>>
>>966164
have you thought about... eating?
>>
>>966174
>avoid stress
>by riding bike on the streets
How does that supposed to work?
>>
>>966164
High caloric foods, eat at least a cup of oats with milk for breakfast, for example, they go down easy and it's 1kcal right off the bat.

Make sure to add in some protein, so all that effort goes towards muscles and not making you skinnyfat, but ultimately, you could also do energy bars and sweet drinks if you really want to.
>>
>>966195
1 Mcal*
>>
>>966195
>1kcal
kek
>>
>>966175
Eating is difficult
>>
>>966154
Just ride as much as possible, and don't be afraid of getting off the bike and walk a slope you can't take. Ride and ride more and eventually ou will be able to climb anything.
>>
>>966154
eat lots ya dingus

if you cant afford to feed yourself properly to compensate the amount of physical work you do, you mite need 2 git on dem programz.
>>
>>966164

try food
>>
File: 1411504808910.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1411504808910.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>966154
Man up, that distance isn't long, the temperature could be worse (here I ride at 35-38ºc with no problems), and that elevation doesn't sound too bad.
>>
>>966441
>here I ride at 35-38ºc with no problems

We got a badass over here. Everyone clear the way
>>
Water water water water water water. Simple as that. Buy a big plastic bottle and carry it around with you and fill it up every chance you can.

I love in Florida and this helos so much, I just let myself sweat like a motherfucker to cool off and feel good about it since I'm contstantly hyrdrating. When I take walks around the park in the sun in 97 degree heat when I'm at work I sweat into my cotton undershirt, and then when I go into the AC the sweat turns cool and feels greatvas it evaporates.
>>
>>966197
He probably meant kCal, not kcal.
>>
>>966365
it's not, you will adapt within a few days if you don't add an outrageous amount.
If you really feel that way, drink your calories instead of chewing them.
Cold smoothies are decent for macros. If you're recovering from Auschwitz-Mode and/or don't want added hassle just add a liter of milk throughout the day.
>>
>>966877
video related https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=88&v=Jz_fhXtmd_c
>>
>>966159
don't worry about finishing the hill the first time on a climb like that. Go until you hit as far as you can safely push yourself and walk the rest.

You're gonna need to do some serious gains in your legs though if you wanna start climbing with ease. I'd recommend talking to the folks at >>>/fit/ about possible lifestyle/diet changes you can make to help build that muscle you need.
>>
>>966154
the magic solution 4u is called
electric bicycle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_bicycle
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.