[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Local cyclist crushes group rides and strava segments, crushes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: coyote.png (229 KB, 361x315) Image search: [Google]
coyote.png
229 KB, 361x315
>Local cyclist crushes group rides and strava segments, crushes solo strava mtb rides
>races
>DNFs or gets rekt every. single. one.

Why, strava, why
>>
>>966059
Fucking segment chasers man. You see them all the time, kom's on 1.5k technicals and the odd climb but when you have a full lap they aren't even top 25.

Their killing their times by going full gas on one spot.
>>
>>966059
Strava terrorists. I am one myself. We ride to a segment slowly as a warmup, tactically crush it then go home.
>>
>>966059
>kills it on Strava
>can't actually race
This right here is a prime example of why I think Strava is lame: You have an entire crowd of riders who think they're 'racing' each other, but all they're doing is riding a bike. Actual road racing is an entire skillset and you can't acquire it riding by yourself all the time. The best these 'Cat-6' riders might be able to do is do time trials. Real road racing? Not likely. Do they even bother with fast group rides, even? Some of them, they may as well just have their bike on a stationary trainer in their living rooms, and be hooked up to that online riding game; you're just turning pedals, not even getting so much as bike handling experience. Hamsters on a wheel..

Real road racing >>> Strava. Every single time.
>>
>>966059
>gets rekt
You need an /n/ jersey to tell all the freds you pass that they got rekt.
>>
>>966096
Some of us are to autistic and unskilled to ride in a group :/
We have to find joy somehow, don't hate
>>
strava is absolute fucking bullshit, will be ded within five years
>>
>>966257
If the internet is still around so will be strava. People like tracking their progress in a convenient way.
>>
>>966257
OP here, I like strava as a tool but people who forgo racing just to get KOMs? lame imo. And as others said, it's not a real testament to their skill (unless it's a really tech mtb seg) as a racer so it's just raw watts.
>>966096
Zwift is fucking ridiculous. ALL YEAR people will not ride outside just so they can sit inside and ride fucking Zwift. ALL YEAR!!! I might do it for uni next year in the winter months as it will get dark at like 2, but year round? Come the fuck on. I follow 2-3 people that do that shit.
>>966253
You don't need social skills to ride in a group and group riding comes with experience. It's intimidating, I know, but it can be a lot of fun especially if you're strong.
>>
That's why I don't care about Strava segment anymore.

If I have a KoM I'll lose it to someone who comes with a TT bike or when the wind is at his favor during a storm. Or some people flag me when I get a KoM because I took away their fame and glory.

I use Strava as a sort of diary for my rides and runs. If I get a KoM or CR, cool but if someone takes it, I don't care.

Nothing beats the real deal.
>>
>>966433
>I use Strava as a sort of diary for my rides and runs. If I get a KoM or CR, cool but if someone takes it, I don't care.

I do this too. I really only look t the segments that are more than just a few miles. Since I take the same routes repeatedly I am usually the same amount of fatigue going into one of these longer segments. 10 miles of hills with an average grade of 5-6% and try to see if I can beat my best without burning out is a good way to use strava. I'm not ever going to be in race shape but its good enough for me to see some progress.
>>
How the fuck do I ride with other people when I'm the only cyclist in my town? The people around here have never seen a road bike before, let alone own one
>>
File: allbymyself.jpg (746 KB, 1000x1503) Image search: [Google]
allbymyself.jpg
746 KB, 1000x1503
>>966480
>tfw nice to everyone I meet in a town of cyclists and I still can't find anyone to bike with
>>
>>966480
Get people into it
>>
>>966561
doesn't help that a lot of cyclists are hipster elitist assmunchers
>>
>>966062
I follow a guy like that. He stole some of my koms, we chatted and followed each other.

90% of rides he goes on there's a KOM on some short segment with 200 or less riders. I don't hold it against it but it seems like a lot of work to keep on finding those to go out and ride.

Still haven't been able to get my MUP KOM (ho ho I'm a stravasshole) across the city back because there's constantly been work on/around it.
>>
>>966660
Oh and I forgot to mention, duelling back and forth on some segments was good fun, but I still haven't actually gone and ridden with him.
>>
>>966271
I have a notebook where I write down times and distances.
>>
>>966928
Why would I do that when strava records it for me. I don't even have to stop. It'll time each climb, each segment automatically. Calculate average speed too as well as other data. Not only that, but it's fun.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.