[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CRASH, road rash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: paint stripe.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
paint stripe.png
1 MB, 1440x900
This strip of paint crashed me, this exact one in the picture crashed me yesterday.

Now I have bad road rash.

Any advice for dealing with road rash?
When I straighten or bend me knee it hurts and it still seems kind of raw but it's been like 32 hours.
>>
>>965679
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRtbDHqYkzQ
This is the link if anyone cares.
>>
File: downhill.png (2 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
downhill.png
2 MB, 1440x900
>>965680
It's a fun trail and I was going a bit faster than this guy but here it is on the downhill. My rear tire hit the paint which is bumped up a bit and it was enough to my rear fly out from under me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRiYxRuyYng
>>
File: DSC_0937.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0937.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Here is the leg, it's on arm and ass too.
Thought there might be some /n/ protips or something. I probably have to get new bars maybe... Idk. They're carbon and the tape is scraped off on side but I got them clearance and like the flat top they have for resting my hands on.

I'm going to stop posting now.
>>
WHATEVER NERD JUST KEEP RIDING
>>
1. If you haven't already, you must clean out and disinfect your wounds. Shower, followed by hydrogen peroxide. This is no fun but infection is no joke.
2. Major/open road rash needs to be covered with a bandage/band aids to protect the wound and discourage infection, and bandages should be changed daily if necessary.
3. When wounds are no longer bleeding, then the fastest way to encourage healing is to apply an ointment like Neosporin and leave the wounds exposed to air.
4. If you go outside much before the road rash is healed, you should cover the affected area otherwise you'll end up with more visible scars.
5. Take ibuprofen for pain relief, it will also help reduce swelling and inflammation.

That's it. Road rash sucks, but look on the bright side: you didn't strain any joints or break any bones.
>>
>>965684
if you got rekt by a strip of fucking paint, you should kill yourself.

seriously. take a bath with a toaster.

KILL YOURSELF
I
L
L

Y
O
U
R
S
E
L
F
>>
>>965692
Thanks. I did rinse it and put neosporin on it immediately but not since. I keep wrapped today at work under pants but let it air at home.
I will do as you said, thanks.

>>965687
Soon as I get some new bar tape. Going to take the bike in I guess, let them tell me if I need new bars or not, I hope not.
>>
Search keyword: hydrocolloid
>>
>>965702
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/medline-exuderm-rcd-hydrocolloid-wound-dressing/ID=prod1491204-product

neat
>>
>>965693
>maximum speed
>maximum lean
>nothing left for safety cushion
>bump in the road
crash
>>
Get better tires
>>
File: schwalbe800[1].jpg (25 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
schwalbe800[1].jpg
25 KB, 800x800
>>965797
This

Schwalbe Durano tires offer superior grip in adverse weather conditions,their unparallelled riding comfort decreases riding fatigue and thus enables you to ride farther.
Furthermore the Raceguard protection belt consisting of tightly woven layers off nylon offers great protection against sharp object while keeping the weight to a minimum,a 23-622(or a 700x23c as you humongous faggots call it) only comes in at a respectable 235 grams
>>
>>965685
And this is why you shave/wax your legs anons.

>>965797
Tires don't matter when you go over paint strips. They're all going to be slippery, especially when it's wet. The lesson here is to not ride over paint strips while leaning at high speeds as it will fuck your shit up at some point.
>>
smear your open wounds with vagisil ya pussy
>>
jesus christ you bitch ass nigga just fucking wash it and get over it
you had a bit of a tumble boo hoo
grown ass man, big fucking cyclist, be blogging over a scratched knee
>>
>>966041
>>966056
Throw all the hate you want. My usual store doesn't carry these >>965702 and that post was really helpful. Glad I made the thread.
>>
>>965679
serves you right for biking you shithead
>>
>>966132
>Throw all the hate you want
>hate
sup reddit
I think you should use vagisil anyway, you big fucking pussy
>>
File: helmetsaregood.jpg (173 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
helmetsaregood.jpg
173 KB, 480x640
Stop being a pussy and get better at riding
>>
>>966519
Edit: this was mountain biking
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.