[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ultra skinny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1395042460204.gif (1 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1395042460204.gif
1 MB, 250x188
700c 20mm

just got a very nice vitnage road bike with 20mm tires.? whats you ex with them? I used to ride 30mm 650b, for commute and is quite comfy, 20mm on 7-8bars are another animal, are 25 or 28 significantly comfier?
>>
>>965171
I'd expect 20mm tires on a TT bike, never a road bike. 25mm is good, put those on it.
>>
28 commute
23 race
/thread
>>
>>965311
25 race*

Also: you can't /thread yourself, you dip.
>>
>>965171
I use 23 but this is more so a fitment issue rather than a choice for personal comfort.

You can always run 650c wheels with 30's on them which will give you around the same O.D. as a 700c with 23's if you're looking for genuine cushion along with fitment issues with the seat tube or fork crown.
>>
>>965171
>are 25 or 28 significantly comfier?

hugely more comfortable.

pros are running 25mm now. Modern tires have better rolling resistance in the 23-25mm range

Check the blog offthebeatenpath.wordpress.com for some fat tire propaganda + some research and data

I like the 650b idea but expensive

my approach to road bikes it putting the fattest 100+ TPI tires on them I can find (I'm slow)
>>
>>965316
no 23 race you fucktard
/thread
>>
>>965321
>pros are running 25mm now.
yea on cobblestones ya tard
>>
Used 23s they were ok but at max psi their rougher. Switched to 25 and it's a much better ride.
>>
>>965330
>>965328
>ignorance more frequently begets confidence than knowledge

Watch through the GCN pro bike playlist and tell me how long before you see 23s. I'll wait.

They use 28 and 30 on cobbles.

>>965311
why would you go so thin while commuting?

I made this mistake. Next tyres will definitely be 35 or maybe even 38. Need to see what the bike can fit.
>>
>>965386
I started on Fabian Cancellara's bikes and that was all I had to watch...
>>
>>965386
>35
>38
Are you fat or do you live in the 3rd world? Those are loaded touring tires for when you're carrying the kitchen sink.
>>
>>965386
>why would you go so thin while commuting?
>I made this mistake. Next tyres will definitely be 35 or maybe even 38. Need to see what the bike can fit.

I can get a 32 to fit in the front of my CAAD5, 28 in the rear. It's a good setup for crappy city streets
>>
>>965403
Want to do gravel and stuff as well with a certain degree of comfort.
>>
>>965403

do you even road+ ?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.