[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know I'll probably catch some shit for this, but I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1408852633732.png (606 KB, 680x967) Image search: [Google]
1408852633732.png
606 KB, 680x967
I know I'll probably catch some shit for this, but I'm planning a bicycle tour soon, and I have a question. I'm an ex heroin addict that is now clean and I want to go on an adventure now that drugs no longer control my life. I completely quit hard drugs and alcohol, but one thing I still like to do is smoke weed. I'm planning on biking the ACA southern tier route in January next year, and I am skeptical of whether I should carry weed on my during my travels. I have no problem going without it, but I could see how it would be useful to have after a long day of biking for body aches and to easily fall asleep while getting used to sleeping outdoors. One reason I am worried about carrying it on me is that it seems like asking the police in small towns for advice on where to camp for free is a pretty common thing, and I don't want to disrespect them if they are helping me out. Any advice?
>>
And why exactly would you "disrespect" them? Are you planning on smoking weed at the same time you ask cops for help?
>>
>>964322
I don't know. They could smell or something, and I think it would just make me feel dishonest.
>>
>>964323
Well, in your first post you said you'd be smoking pot to help with the post-ride aches and to help you sleep, which would mean you'd be smoking at night. Since you'll be talking to cops before this, it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
File: TRIGGERED.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
TRIGGERED.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
Are you a white cis gender male?
Do you have swastika tattoos on your forehead or something?
Why would cops be itching to fuck with you?
>>
>>964321

Take all the crustpunk patches off of your clothes and shave your face, etc. Look decent

normies don't realize how much weed cyclists smoke. Especially someone looking like a Fred

Burn1 on all the long stretches where you know you aren't going to get lost
>>
>>964321
If you're really paranoid you could stash it in a big blunt tube in your seat post or something.
>>
>>964380
When I was still a junkie, I lived on the streets for a short while, and I would get fucked with by the cops constantly. That's why I'm kind of paranoid about bringing anything with me. I guess bike touring is completely different though since I'll have decent gear with me and won't look as shady. I'll also be in different spots every night so the same cops won't get to know me like when I was a homeless junkie.
>>964392
Cool. Yeah I wasn't planning on wearing any patches or shirts that would attract attention. I'm not gonna do the whole spandex thing, but I might sport a safety vest and helmet that should make me blend in enough with regular bike tourists.
Another thing that occured to me was that I probably won't be able to bring any weed with me on the flight down to San Diego. Is it hard to score weed while on a tour? I'm going to be in the south like I mentioned in the OP. I know Austin will probably be easy to get weed in, but I'm unsure about elsewhere. Do some hosts smoke? Would they be able to possibly help me score?
>>
>>964437
I'm actually considering making a tincture since it would be easy to hide and consume without drawing attention to myself. I just don't know how I can bring it with me if I end up taking an airplane down there.
>>
>>964514
>When I was still a junkie
>I probably won't be able to bring any weed with me on the flight down to San Diego
>Is it hard to score weed while on a tour?
>it would be easy to hide and consume
If you have to plan your trip around your need to consume drugs, you're still a junkie.
>>
>>964523
not OP but...

consideration =/= need. And weed is nowhere near the level of heroin. Hell, weed is less addictive than caffeine is.
>>
scoring weed on a bike tour will be a challenge. you're going to have trouble.

I would try warmshowers.org and look for the crunchiest people. the fastest way to meet people without looking like a narc
>>
>>964321
You wont have a problem till you are near the mexican border. There are checkpoint and drug dogs. if your going west to east you should be good after you hit texas.
>>
>>964531
So being dependent on weed to the point of not being able to function without it is not being addicted?

Liberals argue you can't be addicted to weed because they continue to use different Language that means the same thing

Kid is a drug addict hoping to ride his bike from dealer to dealer
>>
>>964727
>being this delusional
I've already said that I can go without it and plan on going without it for a bit. I'm just asking questions about possibilities.
>>
>>964729
You haven't asked a single cycling related question, just
>WEED
>WEED
>WEED
Get out.
>>
>>964727
You are 100% correct but prepare for potheads to get mad.
>>
>>964736
The thread is about carrying weed on a bicycle tour. It's one of the few things I wasn't able to find information about through searching. Or would you rather I ask a bunch of stupid questions about cycling that could easily be answered by doing a bit of research?
>>
>>964736
can you get your asshurt to the basement where you belong? Thanks.
>>
>>964727
I'm a liberal and I hate potheads.

Stupid new right is too involved in identity politics. Instead of having their own opinions, they're just anti-left identity politics. Their entire identity is forged around being against their projection of a leftist identity.
>>
OP's questions might be better asked to /out/, as it's more drugs while camping and traveling than anything bike tour specific.

The general advice of "don't be mistaken for a hobo" is good enough.

Also, I imagine drug availability and enforcement will vary wildly. California has medical pot. Arizona has the guy who calls himself "the toughest sherriff in America".
>>
I don't smoke a lot of weed and I don't bike tour, but a century ride with a few hours of buzzed trail riding is a lot of fun. I wouldn't smoke it before hitting a busy road, but when you reach a long enclosed trail, it's excellent
>>
clear eyes my man
>>
I often bring my pipe when I go mountain biking and pull up trail side and have a bowl. Touring sounds so much fun high, wind in your hair, just get a good rythmn going and the miles would fall away
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.