[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is OK, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: DSCF3029.jpg (338 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3029.jpg
338 KB, 1000x667
This is OK, right?
>>
If you took it into a bike shop, they'd probably say that they would ride on it but don't be surprised if the sidewall blows.

Move it onto the rear wheel, a rearwheel blow isn't dangerous, a front wheel blow can kill you if you're going fast/downhill.
>>
No, your depth of focus is too shallow
>>
>>964059
>not having glorious f/1.4
>tfw its on aps-c
>>
>>964058
>a rearwheel blow isn't AS dangerous,

ftfy

a blowout at 30-50 mph down a hill is gonna probably fuck you up regardless of which tire it is
>>
>>964061

Yeah you're right.
>>
It'll blow up eventually. Might be your next ride, might not be for another 1,000 km.
>>
>>964056

>gatormemes

not even once
>>
>>964070
>implying your specialized tires wouldn't do the same if the brakes were rubbing them
More proof that people who don't ride redditskins don't ride
>>
>>964130
>Not riding Vittoria or challenge tires

Poorfags, Poorfags all of you.
>>
File: S-WorksTyreFour.jpg (205 KB, 689x516) Image search: [Google]
S-WorksTyreFour.jpg
205 KB, 689x516
GUYS, I REALLY LIKE HOW SOFT GRIPTON S-WORKS TIRES ARE BECAUSE I CORNER LIKE A BITCH ON DESCENTS AND THEY GIVE ME THE EXTRA CONFIDENCE I NEED.

I ALSO REALLY LIKE CONTINENTALS AND VITTORIA TIRES BECAUSE THEY ARE EXTREMELY DURABLE.
>>
>>964056
>memeskins
You deserve it
>>
>>964378

> recommedning le football leather bonerattling 1lb gatorshits that turn wet city streets into ice
>>
>>964396
I'll have you know I run gatorskin 23s and i've only slipped on wet roads and fallen on my ass once
>>
>>964409
I'll have you know I run gp4000s, Veloflex Masters, and Specialized Turbos in 23 and I've slipped on wet roads and fallen on my ass... never.
>>
>>964409

Wtf?
>>
>>964396
>I don't know how to ride when there's an unexpected rainstorm because I only ride when it's 73 degrees and sunny out and my mommy gave permission so I won't get a cold
maybe if your mommy allowed you to ride more than 3 blocks from home you might see the value in puncture protection
>>
gatorskins really are brutally harsh riding, and when you lower the pressure below 110 they don't feel more plush like other road tires so I just ride them at 110 anyways.

I'm going to try schwalbe soon enough though once I have some shekels
>>
>>964056
The last time I had a sidewall that looked like that, I got five hours of use out of it before it blew.
>>
Hijacking

Ran Continental ultra sports for the last 2500 miles. No punctures or pinch flats. Tread is shot on the rear and needs replaced this week. I can get another pair for $40. Any other recommendations in the $20/tire range?
>>
>>964628
Michelin Lithions or Pro4s
>>
>>964583
>I don't know how to avoid broken bottles in my ghetto's streets
not being a strong enough rider to utilize the superior grip offered by a better tire doesn't suddenly nullify the advantage of that grip offered by literally any other tire
>>
>>964638
Bald tires are better because even in half a foot of snow theyll cut to the ground instead of trying to swim over it like a retarded dog

13c gatorskins for life
>>
>>964056
i inflated a tube in an oldy old tire today. the whole thing (tube and tire) literally exploded when i hited 5bars. Shit was brutal man. Don't let that happen to you when you're on your bike if you don't want to die.
>>
>>964636
$40 each for normal colors in 23mm.

Ultra sports it is.
>>
>>964759
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/michelin-lithion-2-tyres-grey-25c-free-tubes/rp-prod122101
>>
>>964760
Not a bad deal with new tubes, but I need them this week. Mileage has gone way up for me and I plan on doing 40-50 miles tomorrow on the old tire.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.