[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pic related happened to me yesterday, why was the road cyclist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: cyclist.png (37 KB, 976x601) Image search: [Google]
cyclist.png
37 KB, 976x601
Pic related happened to me yesterday, why was the road cyclist such a dick and why didn't he slow down? Why does he think that because he goes fast he has priority? I'm a regular cyclist myself (normal clothing, normal bike.) but damn, roadcyclists tend to be dicks here.
>>
>"pram"
>riding on the right-hand side

wat
>>
>>963318
Pram is what brits call baby carriages.

Also, prams are big and cause blindspots, so it often seems okay to pass until its too late, although I would have moved towards the center earlier. Yelling and cursing is a reflex if you end up trying to squeeze between two people. There's no way you can brake in time once you start your pass.
>>
I won't say you did anything wrong, because you didn't, however if I was in your situation I would have been courteous and moved onto the grass for a moment, it was a predictable situation. Also I hope he had a bell, bells are great.
>>
Either you stop or he stops. If he stops, he has to wait for longer, because you're going slower, and it takes longer for him to stop and it takes longer for him to get to speed again.
>>
>>963324
this, op is not in the wrong but its best for the greater good to let the traffic flow
>>
>>963319
if you are a brit, why are you riding on the right side?
>>
>>963311
The fred should've yelded.
Next time something like that happens, remember to punch his stupid ass face.

>>963324
If he's so fast why wasn't he riding the Giro, though?
>>
>>963333
no the other cyclist had to overtake the pram. therefore he has to wait for a clear opportunity to overtake. OP should not stop.
>>
>>963336
>>If he's so fast why wasn't he riding the Giro, though?
The giro ended on sunday, he might have just got back from there????
>>
>>963324
>>963333

This >>963337

Whoever encounters the obstacle has to yield. There was no obstacle for OP, so he was right to continue. The fred should have stopped.
>>
>>963335
Im OP and Dutch and pram is what google translate gave me
>>
My dedicated cycling path is too narrow
Pedestrians are a nuissance
First world problems itt

But living in NL i feel you. He should have rang his bell repeatedly, you should have hugged the curb for 1 second.
That said ill take a fred any day over lardos on their kutbrommers.
>>
He's probably mad at the world in general because he's a manlet
>>
ride faster u faggot
>>
>>963311
You weren't really in the wrong.
But as my driver training says, You could be right. Dead right.
Basically, you gotta compensate for other peoples stupidity, and mistakes to be the safest driver/rider you can possibly be.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEGATRON.gif (2 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEGATRON.gif
2 MB, 800x800
>>963311
according to german traffic laws at least the one with the obstacle on his side has to wait.
Though I gotta say in this case I HATE women with their strollers. They always take away huge parts of the path/track/lane/whatever, ride in the middle of it, two next to each other, make sudden unpredictable moves and never react to bellrings and not take care of their surroundings. Dangerous and most annoying traffic participants, I don't see why they should be allowed to do this bullshit just because they were too dumb to use a condom. HATE THEM
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.