[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these guys the freds of the motorcycle world?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: 2013-Can-Am-Spyder-first-ri.jpg (224 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
2013-Can-Am-Spyder-first-ri.jpg
224 KB, 1280x960
Are these guys the freds of the motorcycle world?
>>
I thought squids were the freds of the motorcycle world. Or is it the joeys of the motorcycle world?
>>
I would think it would be those dickheads with "loud pipes"
>>
They are the airsofters of the motorcycle world.
>>
>>962930

Spyder riders would be equivalent of recumbent riders.

The Freds would be the literbike bros. Like the high end road bikes that dentists ride, these guys will never ever reach the full potential of their bike as they ride in the city from coffee coffee to coffee shop/Instagram spot.
>>
File: hd-trike.jpg (108 KB, 1280x856) Image search: [Google]
hd-trike.jpg
108 KB, 1280x856
>>962942
Can it be both?
The spyders are way better than the conversion kits, but they both seem to combine the worst aspects of both car and bike. Would not want to push pic related around a corner at all! When you get too old to trust your balance, you should just get a little roadster like a Boxter, Miata, old MGB, or something. Does the same job as a trike except better in every way.
>>>/o/
>>
File: putinface.jpg (22 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
putinface.jpg
22 KB, 460x276
>>962970
>>
File: addicts.jpg (147 KB, 710x698) Image search: [Google]
addicts.jpg
147 KB, 710x698
>>962930
There's nothing wrong with them. The fact citizens can buy them, own them and drive them is already very astounding and not something to take for granted.

t. former citizen of the CCCP
>>
around here(atlanta) only black people ride trikes. if you see white people on a trike. They have come from out of town.
>>
>>963026
>no true whiteman
>>
File: 361731_1280x720.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
361731_1280x720.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
>>963026
Here, only white people ride trikes, and blacks only ever ride non-legal dirt bikes, without lights or *anything* because they know the police are not allowed to chase them. Occasionally, they'll ride a similarly illegal quad for the same reason, though.
>>
>>962930
They are the recumbant trike freds. It's a special level of fredness right under "maximum."
>>
>>962930
I so badly want electric personal mobility vehicles to become a thing.
>>
yep, same deal in New England. Packs of 50 buzzing around, wheelies on the center stripe, etc. When not destroying park lawns, etc.
>>
File: CanvasDoors_red007a_shadowedit.png (1 MB, 1764x1080) Image search: [Google]
CanvasDoors_red007a_shadowedit.png
1 MB, 1764x1080
>>963154
This thing is dope as fuck.
>>
I want to be ok with these things, but hey come across as--

>I want to ride like all the cool kids...
>But the wifey won't let me...
>How can I get away with this?
>search online
>Can-Am, eh? I suppose I can tolerate the occasional ride-along...

Coincidentally, I never see anyone else riding on the back.

Or happy riders.

Hmm.
>>
I used to hate these things with a passion. Until I met two veterans riding different styles of trike. The older, apparently fought in Vietnam, was riding a Honda Shadow trike, because he had lost his right leg from the knee down. And the younger who was in Afghanistan, and apparently used to race 250cc 2 stroke sports bikes, also lost his right leg, and thought these would be sporty enough for when his leg was sore. I hear he still rides sport bikes occasionally.
>>
>>963306
He should consider a sport prosthetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-zWafO62mQ
>>
>>962970
That cockpit looks comfy as fuck TBQH
>>
>>962930
>Are these guys the freds of the motorcycle world?

Pretty much.
>>
File: Comfie Cockpit.jpg (78 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
Comfie Cockpit.jpg
78 KB, 736x552
>>963372
Well ya, Harley makes nice controls, but that's not the 'trike' part. Why have that when you could just have this?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.