[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy is selling a Panasonic Sport LX for 95$ Great condition.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_20160530-174418.png (768 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160530-174418.png
768 KB, 1280x720
This guy is selling a Panasonic Sport LX for 95$ Great condition. Pic related, its the bike. No rust. Not worth the 95? Tell me please
>>
bikes depend on where you live and what the market is

here in montreal lugged shit can easily sell for 300$ I just sold a POS ss "conversion" for 180$
>>
>>962369
I live in Maine, US.
>>
Approximately fair price.

Could go as low as $20 or as high as $100 or so depending mostly on the market.
>>
>>962365
I'd buy it no question, you can put modern components on it and have a great commuter for not alot of money... I did it and dont regret it a bit
>>
>>962392
What things should I put on it? I don't know a whole lot about bikes. Right now my mom, bro and step dad are telling me not to get it because its heavy and uses old technology. Any way to prove them that its not really a bad thing?
>>
>>962392
Also, how much did you spend on upgrading it?
>>
>>962399
I spent $360 upgrading from this
>>
In my market, $95 is a good price for almost any bike that doesn't need any work.
Having said that, you may want to look into the component group on that model before buying. Panasonic made some really underrated frames in their time (I think they had some that used Ishiwata 022), but they also had some not so good frames.
Imo it's totally worth $95, but you may want to save up a bit more if this is going to be your only bike.
>>
>>962393
Unless they know the model specifically, they could actually be wrong about the weight. I have an old steel Bianchi that is about as light as your entry level aluminum bike.
Those stem shifters are probably friction, which will be inconvenient and take some getting used to. Once you know how to work them, friction shifting isn't THAT bad. Ask them to show you a better alternative for $95 in your market. I bet they can't. On the off chance they do, you get a better bike. If they can't provide an alternative, they can fuck off with their complaining. Sure you probably get a much better bike for $250 used, but that's over double the price.
>>
>>962417
I'm willing to spend 200$ on a bike. My only issue is that most bikes are 60+ miles away
>>
>>962425
If you can find a decent bike with sora/tiagra or old 105 for $200, it'd probably be worth the travel. You should probably go to /bbg/ and post your CL. That bike is worth $95, but you can probably do much better in your price range.
How much are you planning on riding? That bike would be fine for commuting a couple miles a day.
>>
>>962429
About 10 miles a day at most. 5 to a place 5 back home
>>
>>962435
For that kind of distance, you really don't need more than the Panasonic. I used to commute the same distance on a Peugeot U08 (worse in every way I think) and it was fine.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.