[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spacers inside rear bike hub
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 4132187961.png (88 KB, 220x150) Image search: [Google]
4132187961.png
88 KB, 220x150
So I fucked up /n/
While I was looking up some symptoms of my rear tire some places told me to replace the bearings with some fresh ones of the original size.
I was lucky to have some and I went to take apart the hub because I do NOT have the money to go to repairs or buy a new tire.
Well as I took apart the hub I was careful to set out the spacers just as I had put them in.
Then as my friend just came over I ran out to go meet them. Later during the party though it turned out his daughter had gotten into my garage and had touched a bunch of shit (including my stacks of spacers). It was my fault for not locking the door but now I can't find how the spacers went back together.

Tldr how can I find out which way the spacers go inside the rear hub of a bike
>>
>>962234
It was your friend's fault for not controlling his crotchspawn

Why are kids always given a free pass?

That little shit owes you a new wheelset, you're a pussy if you don't beat it out of her
>>
>>962234
>because I do NOT have the money
>throwing a party
you deseve it, m8.
>>
>>962238
can a simple 4chan browsing poorfag not get together with his friends
>>
Look up the part number on the hub shell. Shimano has exploded views of all the parts in their hubs, so one of the first few pdf search results is probably it.

Did you remove everything from the axle? Generally you only need to remove the non-drive side stuff. This keeps the spacing the same when you put it back together so you don't have to adjust your derailleur limits and cable tension.

If you only removed the non-drive stuff it should be fairly easy to figure out the order. Cone on the inside, lock nut on the outside. And the outer spacer should be rustier than the inner one.
>>
>>965265
>bump
Why?
>>
>>965266
Because I'm tired of looking at train threads
>>
>>965304
This
>free bump

I'm going to wager you're over thinking this. It's really not that complicated. Put it together and throw the wheel back on the bike- if the alignment looks off to the left or the right, then adjust the spacers as needed. You can literally do this in about 15 minutes.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.