[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
learning to cycle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Kid-on-bike-1.jpg (49 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
Kid-on-bike-1.jpg
49 KB, 500x381
When did you first learn to ride 2 wheels, /n/? I was 10. Very late, I know.
>>
idk, maybe 3-4. I had this bike with squared off wheels and training wheels. My Dad would bend them until it became obvious they needed to just come off... and then we began jumping bikes, but thats another story.
>>
>>962040
21 years. I know, I know >lazy fatlard etc
Since then I tried to move and practice on a bicycle.
>>
6, I won a bike on a drawing contest
>>
>>962052
I really dont get how anyone can get to that age without riding a bike.. honestly I dont get how any decent parent lets their child get past 5 without owning a bike. You had terrible parents anon. Why did they not love you?
>>
Can't remember. I was 5 or so. What I do remember though, is that I used parked cars to break by ramming them. My dad told me I had a tendency to pick Mercedes.
>>
Dunno
For a dutch boii I wa pretty late I suppose(9or so)
>>
>>962066
A acquaintance of mine is 23, soon to be 24 and cannot ride a bike.
Every time we mention helping him to learn, because it's something we do as a friend group, he gets all defensive. He says it 'makes him feel weird'.
>>
3 years old
>>
Having kids to cycle with is gonna let me build some pretty sweet bikes for them and handicaped ones for me that i normally wouldn't want to ride cos gotta go fast.

They better not hate me and reject it.
>>
3, learned how to get going but couldn't stop so I would pedal as fast as I could go then ride into the grass and lay it down and crash over and over. 27 years later not much has changed
>>
File: give me a handjob skooks.jpg (6 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
give me a handjob skooks.jpg
6 KB, 239x211
>>962040
I was like 8.
Then I forgot and had to relearn at 13.
>>
>>962127
but you can't forget how to ride a bike, it's like riding a bike - you don't forget it
>>
Had a tricycle at retard camp when I was 4 or so, but when the qt friend sperged out and didn't want to go outside, I took her normal bike.

So, at the age of 4 I guess.
>>
>>962094
stop being friends with him
>>
>>962094
I know two guys, age 27 and 26, neither of them can ride a bike
it blows my mind
>>
>>962040
at the age of 6. never had a own bike as a kid, neighbour kid at the same age had like 10 and woud let me borrow a bmx. learned it by myself within a couple of weeks. started by pushing with my feet as a kind of running bike. never used supporting wheels.
>>
Some time in elementary school on a Power Rangers bike. Got it the first try but fell because I didn't know how to stop.
>>
>>962040
When i was 4, maybe?

I had a little red bike. My dad used to take me to a nearby gravel patch to practice. I remember they joy i felt when, on the way home, he let go and i didn't fall over. Suddenly i knew how to ride a bike.
>>
I remember my dad watching me and making me do figure-eights in a cul-de-sac and it was difficult because I was too afraid to turn "sharply" enough to fit a figure-eight inside of the space.
>>
6? I think. My shoelaces got stuck in the peddles and I got slower and slower until I fell over. I then vowed to never bike again.
>>
File: aidsmoby.png (107 KB, 242x294) Image search: [Google]
aidsmoby.png
107 KB, 242x294
>>962327
I watched this happen to a buddy at high speeds once.
He got wrapped so tightly, no matter what he did on the ground to try and unravel himself, he would end up tripped over the bike and falling back over.

Should have tied his fucking shoes.

>>962188
Friend of a friend. He haunts me.
>>
>>962327
>>962333
This has happened to me. I even had my laces done when I got to my bike but they became undone at some point. They got wrapped up so tight that I had to cut them open, luckily friend of my had a knife with him. On an old coaster brake bike so couldn't even pedal backwards to get them undone. Suddenly just felt one of my shoes tightening really fast and then the rear wheel locks up from high speed. Managed to somehow stay upright even.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.