[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My local bike shop said I didn't need a valve cap for my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160508_140225.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160508_140225.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
My local bike shop said I didn't need a valve cap for my presta valve wheels. This is my first time using presta.

Do you not need a cap over them?
>>
>>961588
>no we dont sell maga hats for your valve stems get lost meme kid
>>
>>961590
>Fund it.
>>
>>961588
Your LBS is right, OP:

The caps on a Presta valve are supplied to keep the tube from being punctured by the tip of the valve when rolled up tightly for shipping/sale. Unlike Schrader valves, which need an external dust cap, there's no need or benefit to using the plastic cap after installing a Presta valve on a wheel.
>>
No, you don't.
>>
you don't really need a valve cap, but in the case of an emergency, you can cut the end off a plastic valve cap and use it as an adapter for a schrader pump.
>>
>>961588
You're baiku a shit, in case you didn't know.
>>
>>964280
>not just using a schrader adapter instead of a valve cap
>>
>>964332
>in the case of an emergency,
>>
>>961590
is the MAGA hat the new fedora? Post-fedora, if you will?
>>
>>961588
Those old Marlin 60s are real nice shooting guns. The micro groozed barrels are amazing.
Anyway, it's not nearly as important to cap your presta valves but I still do. I think it's good practice to keep them capped.
>>
>>966856
Jan 1 2017 themarlin 60 is going to be considered an assault rifle I California and hard to obtain
>>
>>966868
Then don't live in California.

>>966856
The new ones are good too, you just need to replace that shitty awful plastic trigger guard since it will crack and break. I got an aluminum one and trigger that let's you adjust it to eliminate almost all over travel and creep.
>>
>>966856
>>966935
>>966868
/K/ go home
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.