[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are those shitty marks on my new carbon frame due to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 20160528_115631.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160528_115631.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
There are those shitty marks on my new carbon frame due to the carton's packaging. Is there a way to remove/clean it without damage the carbon ?
>>
It looks like someone peed on your bike anon.

Go look up on how to care for carbon. I'm sure you'll figure it out. Just water and a paper towel might be enough.
>>
>>961306
You mean those tiny little scratches that look 2mm long?
>>
>>961318
These aren't scratches, in fact there was some cardboard around and it indeed looks like scratches but these are just some traces
>>
>>961306
You talking about those blotchy marks?
That's just the way the carbon was applied. There's no pretty/perfect looking layer over it, or paint hiding it.
Nothing you can do about it.
It will not affect the bike/frame integrity at all.
>>
>>961352
I think OP is talking about the 'cloudy' blotched look to the clear coat. Look at the area where the camera flash reflects off it.

OP get some plastic model making compound (tamiya brand or similar) and rub it in. It's so fine it'll take some work to get it shining again but it will do it, and look like new.
>>
i have that on my chain stay- a sharpie wont match perfectly but will look better.
>>
File: 1456075484137.gif (930 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1456075484137.gif
930 KB, 270x270
>2016
>falling for the plastic bike meme

Make a compound of sport beans and Gu and lightly buff with Assos bibs, chamois side out. Only way to polish Swiss crabon.
>>
File: 1433874215784.gif (1023 KB, 278x207) Image search: [Google]
1433874215784.gif
1023 KB, 278x207
>look pedals
>>
>>961306

this thread is copied directly from ribbit

reddit com/r/BicyclingCirclejerk/comments/4lg83d/
>>
>>961306
Just get some gentle dishwashing detergent and scrub it in with iron wool. Don't overdo it and you'll be OK.
>>
>>963066

Now that's a gif I haven't seen in a while.
>>
>>961306
lol poorfags in this thread never seen carbon irl, dont listen to anyone but this guy >>961352

Look up UD carbon, you can have your carbon wave in ud or 3k,12k. The Ks have this checkered square pattern and ud have these marks. Its supposed to look that way and there is nothing you should so about it. Just look up campagnolo carbon cranks, they're beautiful.
>>
>>963313
Carbon weave always made me cringe and I always thought it looked really tacky. I only like Felt's weave because it looks like a checkered racing flag. Otherwise, glossy UD all the way, the way it refracts light can not be beat. You can get lost in it like it's a mix of pearlescent paint and wood grain, but without the pretense of trying to look like more than it actually is, and a lot more subtle.
>>
>>961306
That's definitely from packaging and not the UD weave. All you have to do is break out the belt-sander and sand off the top layer of resin, your bike will be blotch-free and good as new :)
>>
>>963321
This, I have matt UD and its not nearly as nice looking as glossy, though it fits my bike
>>
File: 238_detail.jpg (47 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
238_detail.jpg
47 KB, 480x320
>>961306
>shitty marks
embrace the ud op
>>
>>963313
OP isn't talking about that dumbass, he's talking about this: >>961773

>dont listen to anyone
kek... stupid dumbass
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.