[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /n/ Ever had saddle sores? I've just noticed a lump
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Saddle_sores2.jpg (40 KB, 315x315) Image search: [Google]
Saddle_sores2.jpg
40 KB, 315x315
Sup /n/

Ever had saddle sores?

I've just noticed a lump under the skin, sort of halfway between my taint and the sit bone on the left. It doesn't exactly hurt unless I prod it real hard, and doesn't seem particularly tender or inflamed. I've noticed very rare shooting pains from that area, but that's about it.

Doctor seems to think it's some misc. lymph node swelling, but I'm wondering if it could be saddle related - too narrow a saddle for my wide-for-a-guy hips? I've always thought of saddle sores as chafing of the skin, but some googling saw some accounts of them manifesting as lumps under the skin?
>>
>>960892
I have them, same as you I can feel little lumps. they hurt for like 5 minutes when I start riding, but the pain goes away and I don't notice it unless I go over ~150km. Just deal with it, not that big a deal
>>
>>960892
Yeah I got them once when I did 4 races over 2 days, and I had just shaved the insides of my thighs, also I regretfully didn't wear ass padded bibs so my ass had both sores and was legit raw.
After the two days it was really sore but if you like riding that much you'll keep doing it and it will go away really quickly, not that hard really, just don't let them bother you
>>
is wiggle for cucks?
>>
you must be insome eurocuck company if you could afford to go to a doc for some taint pimples and the doc was retarded enough to think taint pimples were swollen lymph nodes

just keep riding unless they really hurt

usually you stop getting them after you get some good miles on you
>>
>>960951
I see quite a few people out and around with dhb stuff.

Have some myself and it's held up pretty well.
>>
>>960951
No there products are good.
>>
I got them on my old shitty plastic saddle, don't get them on my leather saddle
>>
>>960959
my dhb asv kit fell apart after a month

kinda glad tho it made me look like a construction sign
>>
>>960892
If you're not pulling on the skin down there, is it in the crease where your leg meets your perineum (taint)? If so then that's a fairly common area to get boils (saddle sores) and sebaceous cysts.

Did you/do you have cystic acne, or did you/do you have bad acne? If yes then you're more at risk for saddle sores.

I had cystic acne as a teenager. I spend literally 15 years trying to figure out how to prevent and treat saddle sores, since I used to get them all the time. I tried all sorts of shit to try to prevent and heal them, and none of them worked. The 'magic bullet' was treating them like acne, with over-the-counter acne medications with 10% benzoyl peroxide in them, and products with salicylic acid in them. Also, exfoliation gloves, or something that mechanically exfoliates skin, to scrub down there after every ride, to keep dead skin cells, dried sweat, and sebum from clogging your pores. Use the acne meds twice daily. Since I started doing this I rarely get saddle sores, and when I do they're not as severe and drain/heal quicker.

What you have may be infected, in which case you need a doctor to prescribe doxycycline to treat it (antibiotic). If it's a cyst, then your two options are to wait and see if your body breaks it down naturally and re-absorbs it, or if that doesn't happen and it continues to get bigger, surgery to remove it. Talk to your doctor again. See a better doctor if yours has no clue.

Do NOT try to cut open/drain it yourself. It'll hurt like hell and you're guaranteed to get an infection.

Other than that, be sure to wash your kit after EVERY ride, without fail. NEVER wear a dirty pair of cycling shorts.
If you're not wearing cycling-specific clothes, you're inviting the problem to continue and get worse; the fit and padding of cycling shorts are designed to get sweat away from your body, otherwise it hangs around and invites bacterial growth, and saddle sores.
>>
>>960907
You fool, you. NEVER shave your crotch. You get ingrown hairs that way, and they hurt like hell. If you must trim your bushes then use clippers and cut them short, but not down to the skin.
>>
>>961168
>NEVER wear a dirty pair of cycling shorts
Who the hell does this??
I mean, who the hell has ever seen a pair of sweaty, foul smelling cycling shorts and thought "awesome I'll go ride in them now", to the point where you feel the need to capitalize the word 'never'?

OP if you're still around:

- Are you wearing cycling shorts at all? Not wearing them (because you're possibly a newfriend) could have started the saddle sore a while back and it's only now becoming noticeable.
- What saddle type are you using? Ones with cut outs may take pressure off your perineum however they also put pressure alongside, which might not agree with you.
- Is your saddle positioned too high? You could be encouraging chaffing by rocking side to side because the saddle is too high.
- Is your saddle too flat? Flat saddles don't suit everyone, yet they are the default type offered on a lot of bikes as standard equipment. If it's flat, get a rounded profile one, or vice versa. See if your current saddle sore doesn't progress, or if it does, try another saddle/shorts combo. This takes a while to get right and only do it if you're serious about getting comfortable on the bike.

Also, don't prod, squeeze or pinch it. The body will drain it itself eventually after some months. If it's still there after 6 months to a year and you notice it has moved to the surface (and is not painful at all, just a lump) you can try squeezing it to empty it then. It won't reappear if you get to this stage and it's considered a good sign that your saddle and shorts are doing their job properly.
>>
>>960892
Get cycling shorts. Aero Tech Designs model SM010 is great and affordable.
Make sure saddle is at correct height, fore-aft position, angle/tilt, and straight.
>>
>>961168
>>961664
>tfw rode today for the 17th time without washing my shorts
>tfw that's over 2000km because all my rides are long as FUCK
>tfw I still managed to get a cute cyclist girl's number today
>she didn't even notice
>14th cyclist girl's number I've got in 11 days
>>
>>961664
>Who the hell does this?

Bike tourists if they're in shitfuck nowhere and have run into problems. I'll just ditch the shorts etc. altogether and ride in surf shorts if/when I get into a spot like that though.
>>
>>961664
>If it's still there after 6 months to a year and you notice it has moved to the surface (and is not painful at all, just a lump) you can try squeezing it to empty it then.
I did this with spectacular results about 3 weeks ago. Holy shit the amount of stringy keratin that came out was scary. But I got it all out and I've been riding comfy ever since.
>>
File: 987989.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
987989.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>961670
>greentext so it must be true
>there's not even 14 cyclist girls in existence, let alone in your area
>cycling shorts self destruct after 7 consecutive unwashed wears
>>
>>961664
I actually don't wash my shorts after every ride. I usually commute a couple of days on one set of bibs before washing them. Though those are only short 12 km rides and I don't ride hard enough to get them full of sweat. Haven't had problems so far so don't see a reason to change.

If I'm going for a proper ride I'll take freshly washed bibs and don't ride them again before washing them.
>>
>>961670
ever hear of staph infection?... its gonna be awesome having that all over your crotch
>>
>>961973
ramp skaters call this 'vert AIDS'
it's no fucken bueno son
>>
>>961958
So you wear them without washing if they AREN'T sweaty and foul smelling...

>ok
>>
>>961168
>Do NOT try to cut open/drain it yourself. It'll hurt like hell and you're guaranteed to get an infection.
I dunno man it was a sweet release last time I did it
>>
>>961670
>tfw this must be a lie
>tfw this, in the other hand, could be true
fuck subjectivity
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.