[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /n/...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 57.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
57.gif
2 MB, 500x282
...when was the last time you got ticketed for speeding on a bicycle and how much over the limit were you going? Pic related.
>>
If there's a 30 km/h speed limit, you can get a ticket for going to fast even if you're running it.

Speed limit counts for everyone, but I don't think you'll get a ticket unless you're acting like a madman
>>
>>960534
Germany here, speed limits apply to motor vehicles only. I have tripped stationary speed cameras a few times on purpose, just because.
>>
I got pulled over once for doing 30mph in a 20 when I was 12y/o. The cop took me home and wanted to give my parents a ticket for me speeding, but they called his station and his boss told him to "Lighten up, Francis."
>>
>>960534
I was clocked doing 57km/h on a toboggan in Switzerland a few years ago. While I thought it was rad, no one gave a shit.

This guy in the OP...if that was sustained, then he set a world record. The highest ave. speed for a TT was around 54km/h.
>>
Never been ticketed but have done 70 in a 50.

>>960534
>30 km/h speed limit, you can get a ticket for going to fast even if you're running it.
You can't run that fast.
>>
>>960548
30kph isn't nearly the top speed for humans. a good sprinter can hit 40, and someone like Usain Bolt can hit 45
>>
>>960545
It wasn't sustained, he only came in 10th or so too. This was in the TT of the Belgium Tour yesterday.
>>
Never. Fastest I've gone is like 75 km/h on a downslope, but no cops anywhere near that place.
>>
>>960545
Consider potential winds, or I mean it doesn't look downhill? But maybe it's sloping a bit.

>>960552
>"no fuckin way" I think
>it's true

damn
>>
Mexica/n/ here. Speed limits are ignored like everything else. I will be kill by a cager.
Captcha: naranja.
>>
>>960531
Cops can't ticket bikes for going above speed limit because bikes are not required by law to have a working speedometer
>>
>>960745
THIS
H
I
S
>>
>>960531

I've had cops pace me while I was doing ~5-10mph over the posted limit. Definitely got that "about to get pulled over" vibe, but nothing came of it.
>>
>>960745
>he thinks things cops do have to make sense

heh
>>
I've never gotten pulled over for some reason. I'm a fucking crack head when it come to speed. I will endanger my life for it
>>
>>961131
Except in a car, because I'm not that much of an asshole.
>>
>>960545
>if it was sustained

>what is fatigue

Rarely does anyone keep their top speed during a TT unless their top speed is quite conservative. cmon now pal, use your noodle
>>
>>960862
Someone I know got a ticket on a bike from a cop for running a bike path stop sign (tiny little thing on the side of a bike path) in a sleepy neighborhood lmao
>>
>>961218
What's it like being autistic?
>>
>>961226
Heyyy.. I have mild autism
>>
Well fastest ive clocked was 60km/h when i was around 12 but i think only Americans get ticketed on bikes
>>
File: Wakko.jpg (6 KB, 236x161) Image search: [Google]
Wakko.jpg
6 KB, 236x161
>>961226
Pretty boring. I've already hummed all the songs I know
>>
>>961420

I've had cops ticket me on a bicycle twice. Each time I challenged it in court and the judge was super pissed at the cop who did it, and seeing them get chewed out in front of everyone was great.
>>
File: Hulka.jpg (12 KB, 299x223) Image search: [Google]
Hulka.jpg
12 KB, 299x223
>>960540
>Lighten up, Francis
>>
>>960531
>when was the last time you got ticketed for speeding on a bicycle and how much over the limit were you going?
Never been ticketed, I've done about 30kmh over the limit. Sprinting downhill then a Sagan tuck for about 1km. Also, I'm heavy. It was a long, long hill on my commute home. I got pretty good at doing it fast.

I think the signed limit is about 60km. I could have passed cars but I'm not suicidal enough to do this when there are cars around.
>>
>>960552
By "you" he was likely referring to that poster. Usain's top speed is just under 45 and his average over 100m is just under 40, I'd say anyone who can hit 40 is more than just a "good" sprinter. The average person wouldn't be able to break 30, most can barely break 25.
Regarding OP's question, I've broken the limit quite a few times (daily if I can be bothered on the way home from work). Here in the UK it's 30mph on most roads but as I live by the country side there aren't many speed cameras or police sitting about trying to catch people (they generally only do that for higher speed limits too).

Fastest I've gone is 36mph but that was limited by the length of the hill so I could probably get to 40mph. There is a 40 camera on a hill near me, I'll have to give it a go one day.
>>
>>960552
A normal human being cannot break 30. Average for a healthy, fit person is 25 or so.
Breaking 30 means you're a trained runner, and even then it's not a sustainable speed. The speeds Bolt was clocked at are the end of short sprints.
>>
Fastest I've ever done was a hair over 39mph. I slowed down when I realized that I'd be fucking insta-killed if I wrecked.
>>
I finally managed 39.4 kph (limit 30) on a long downslope with a cheap mountainbike... just to brag about it with friends
>>
Never got ticketed but the maximum speed i have achieved on a race bike is 75 km/h or 47 mi/h. Wind in the back and an easy down slope.
>>
I've never been able to get faster than 25mph on a bike. I'm sure if I had a big enough hill I could though.
>>
>>963519
You don't need a super long hill. My nearest hill is about 200m plus a 100m flat run up and I can get just over 35mph down it and that's leaving about 30m for braking. Elevation change is about 15m so not super steep either (about 7.5% grade).
>>
>>960531
TFW I am going as fast as I ever have on litespeed,

get dropped easily by this older chick in her 40's

wearing a jersey of some charity

go home, google jersey

bitch is fucking olympian

i carry a pedal wrench to drop in that whore's spokes just in case i see her again

see if that gets you to rio
>>
File: 1LR1lii.png (289 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
1LR1lii.png
289 KB, 470x595
>mfw going 22 km/h in a 20 zone and getting away with it
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.