[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >not being able to hold 5wp/kg on a climb Why don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: forty.jpg (15 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
forty.jpg
15 KB, 292x257
>2016
>not being able to hold 5wp/kg on a climb

Why don't you just give up now
>>
>>959544
I can barely do 3w/kg should I just end it? Everyone on strava is better than me.
>>
Well that depends on how long and steep the climb is
>>
>>959555
Ok lets say a 10km climb @ 4%
>>
I love climbing, but I'm 193cm and 80kg and I can't seem to lose anymore weight even though I try to eat as healthy as I can.
Losing 10kg would still keep me in a good BMI range and I'd be smashing most KOMs on strava, but no matter how much I cycle I can't lose anything and it's ruining my W/kg.
Please just kill me now.
>>
>>959571
Go vegan m8
>>
>>959571
That's already pretty skinny for your height. At this point one would think it would be better to focus on getting stronger rather than thinner. Use your height to your advantage.
>>
I can't climb because there are no hills here!

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I could keep 375W up for quite some time in the uphill, but I guess it's not okay to talk about or even dream about this, because my avarage incline on a ~70km ride is usually about 100m.
>>
>>959574
I actually try to eat almost entirely vegan, the only time I eat animal products is when someone else is in charge of food and I don't want to annoy them with demanding vegan stuff.

>>959577
Is it even possible for tall people to be able to compete at climbing with shorter ones when both are at around the same fitness level?
I don't really know much about professional training and just train hillclimbing as best as I can because that's what I enjoy the most, is there a way to use height as an advantage for climbing or is it only useful for flats?
>>
>>959583
I would assume more height = more power on every downstroke. I remember seeing some tall climbers mashing like crazy and being pretty efficient.

Wiggins is 6'3" and a good climber.
>>
>>959583
>Is it even possible for tall people to be able to compete at climbing with shorter ones when both are at around the same fitness level?
First of all I'm not a biologist or the person you replied to but

Larger people have larger lungs, heart etc. All organs are bigger. Your higher body mass means you can also apply more force onto the pedal. That's why watts per kilo matters and not total power. So it's pretty damn even whether you are short or tall, I suppose body shape would be more important than height.
>>
>>959544
>5wp/kg
>watt pascal per kilo

what unit is that ?
>>
>>959574
fuck off harley
>>
File: 1438759437075.gif (628 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1438759437075.gif
628 KB, 320x240
>tfw you take a big shit and your w/kg goes up .5
>>
>>959583
>he doesn't know about Chris "skeletor" Froome of team "marginal gains" Sky
>>
>>959751
Skeletor is actually beef AF aside from the skull for a head.
>>
File: 1460086310073.png (62 KB, 1866x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460086310073.png
62 KB, 1866x1080
>>959574
Why are you faggots so predominant in the cycling community?
Kill youself
>>959571
TL;DR eat less
Learn to count calories.
You aren't losing weight because your calorie intake is at/close to TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). Meaning simply, the amount of food you are eating is equal to the amount of food (energy) that you are using.
It is insanely simple to do and there are tons of apps and shit out there to do most of the work for you, and by the laws of thermodynamics, you are guaranteed to lose weight.
But you should probably be cautious about dropping down to a 18.5 BMI, get to like 19.5 and see how you feel.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/ (I hear this is good, I never used it myself)

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ (scooby's calculators are what I have always used and I have lost 110lbs using them, he is the middle of updating his site so you may have to wait for some things to be functional but I highly suggest reading the things he has about weight loss)

https://nutritiondata.self.com/ (FDA and other database of food information, do not use their calculator for your TDEE)

https://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc (this is a pretty good calories burned calculator)

Also, stop being a vegan, veganism is a meme by mentally ill nutjobs that don't know the first thing about physiology.
>>
>>959544
>No space between the number and the unit symbol
>Abusing SI prefixes and unit symbols
Why don't you just re-read the SI Brochure now?

>>959548
It depends: what does 'w' symbolise? In any case, you should put a space between the number and the unit symbol and re-read the SI Brochure.

>>959560
>>959571
>>959579
>No space between the number and the unit symbol
Please re-read the SI Brochure

>>959588
>Implying that 'w' is the symbol for the watt
>Implying that 'p' is the symbol for the pascal
Please re-read the SI Brochure

>>959623
That's a very strangely constructed sentence segment. Replace 'w/kg' with a more mundane unit such as the metre or the second and see how strange it reads? Incidentally, what does the 'w' symbolise?
>>
File: CUDapLFWcAAqysW.png (403 KB, 530x633) Image search: [Google]
CUDapLFWcAAqysW.png
403 KB, 530x633
>>960011
this is a bully-free zone you know
>>
civilization is falling and your talking about bicycles
>>
>>960066
Being fit is going to be an advantage when society falls as will being able to travel large distances without petrol.
>>
>>960067
>large distances
Why? Where would you go?
>>
>>960068
To my secret base innawoods.

Seriously are you saying the ability to travel is not helpful? Why would I need to list every possible scenario to you.
>>
>>960069
I'm saying i don't see where i would want to go, when society has fallen.

>Why would I need...
There's no need for you to do anything. I'm just some random moron on a uzbekistani cupcake internet forum.
>>
>>960063
>Politely advising people to expand their knowledge is bullying
Fuck off li'l ho
>>
>>960311
implying correct scientific notation is important on a relatively inactive forum
>>
>>959544
I'm sure you can't either OP so how about you STFU?
>>
>>959752
no pls. Go to his instagram. His upper body is unironically holocaust

(but this is coming from someone who is 6'1" and 150... so the same size lmao)
>>
File: tumblrfilenamedojaypeg.png (138 KB, 434x245) Image search: [Google]
tumblrfilenamedojaypeg.png
138 KB, 434x245
>>961215
I think he's talking about actual skeletor
>>
>>961220
oh whups my bad. yeah he is ripped. spooky skelly froomey isnt
>>
>>960068
South. Winter nights are no fun without central heating. You'll probably also want a place where vegetation grows throughout the year, or at least most of it.
>>
File: jjjjj.jpg (98 KB, 1238x418) Image search: [Google]
jjjjj.jpg
98 KB, 1238x418
>>959544
>>
65PXvFgnqRTC9Vi24U783dmJzeZArbStBpuHLkEoDMGNK

what does kek mean?
>>
>>960011
What's it like having such autism where all you can do is correct people on the internet?

You could always turn it up a noth and correct people's spelling and grammar mistakes as well.
>>
>>961517
The funny thing is most of his "corrections" are false.
>>
BMI is rubbish.

A bodybuilder could be classified as Obese Level 1.
>>
>>961517
There is no standard for either English spelling or English grammar which is as well codified and widely adopted as the SI Brochure is. I do not have sufficient proficiency in any prescriptively defined language as to have any business correcting its use.

>>961532
I would be highly appreciative if you would do me the courtesy of bringing any such errors to my attention as and when you detect them. To the best of my knowledge, I have never erred in issuing advice, though one occasion I did make a mistake in accepting that I had made a mistake where in fact I had not. I recanted that mistake shortly afterwards.
>>
>>962273
Mainly you issue with people not putting a space between the quantity and unit symbol and not capitalising the unit symbol. Neither are incorrect according to the SI Brochure.
>>
File: 1419634366920.png (153 KB, 546x534) Image search: [Google]
1419634366920.png
153 KB, 546x534
>>961540
>because men who spend 6 days a week putting on as much muscle as possible exist means BMI is bad
>>
>>962276
§5.1
>Unit symbols are printed in roman (upright) type regardless of the type used in the surrounding text. They are printed in lower-case letters unless they are derived from a proper name, in which case the first letter is a capital letter.
>The use of the correct symbols for SI units, and for units in general, as listed in earlier chapters of this Brochure, is mandatory.

§5.3.3
>The numerical value always precedes the unit, and a space is always used to separate the unit from the number. […] The only exceptions to this rule are for the unit symbols for degree, minute, and second for plane angle, °, ′, and ″, respectively, for which no space is left between the numerical value and the unit symbol.

Please desist from disseminating falsehoods regarding the SI Brochure.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.