[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
new bike
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: imgres.jpg (10 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
10 KB, 257x196
just bought Raleigh tokul 3, anything i should know before it arrives?
>>
yeah- how to return it. If you paid retail for that you a bitch. Suntour, Tektro, Joytech, Weinman...
There are vastly better hardtails at the $1k price point.
>>
paid 700
>>
>>959435
its a POS
>>
>>959437

Tektro Auriga are actually pretty good hydraulics. They're just heavy as fuck.

But I have to concur.

>>959444

You overpayed by at least $200.
>>
at least it has Schwalbe professional bike tyres.
>>
>>959435
have a helmet, and just ride, also you may need to change the saddle if your arse doesn't agree with the one it comes with.
and the best thing to do is to ignore the twatheads on here and just enjoy your new bike.
>>
>>959437
have you used recent suntour forks, and tektro brakes?
they've really stepped up and are pretty decent.
>>
I've got Tektro caliper brakes. I'm very happy with those.
>>
>>959435
>Raleigh tokul 3
Thats an unusually decent looking geo for a POS brand

>You overpayed by at least $200.
This
>>
>>959697
not saying that- just not worth what OP paid. that brake set is $97 on ebay and the fork is prob not much more. Throw in a shitty 1x deore, house brand parts and a china aluminum frame= bout tree fiddy. If you dont care about brand street cred and are mail ordering- I hate to say it but you shoulda went to bikes direct.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>959688
>>
Where can I find this magical $500 650b hard tail with 1x and hydraulic discs every one seems to be referring to?
>>
>>959701
raleigh is no longer a POS brand they got bought by the same company as ghost and haibike, and all of their recent bikes have been getting great reviews, and their race teams have been doing really well,
>>959705
the nearest competitor from say trek or special-ed would be $1200 and have the same components, although OP could have done a better job if they got the torkul 4130.
>>
>>959705
that's a $200-250 fork, which is similar to a rockshox XC32/ recon silver TK and performs well for the money, but if OP is just getting in to MTB that bike will do him well for a year or 2 when he starts to out grow it.
>>
>>959697
Is suntour still doing that "We're embarrased by our OEM spec shocks, so we'll exchange it for a serious one for a nominal fee" thing? Because those crappy stock shocks were ruining their image.
>>
poorfag op here, this bike was 650 without shipping which I included. is it really that bad? and i simply cant pay more than 700$
>>
>>959794
You got a good deal. These dudes are just a bunch of pedantic dickholes
>>
>>959794
No it isn't bad. It is a nice bike for $700. I thought when I saw everybody bitching about it that it had a crappy lowend spring fork but I see it actually has a Raidon which is actually decent air fork. The only bad thing on it imo is the 1x10 setup. It is a bike aimed at noobs that need some granny gears to get up hills and a 1x10 setup is going to be rough on them. They could have at least put a suntour 11-42 cassette on the rear to help them out.

You have too keep in mind everybody on this forum are riding $10k bikes and anything less than $5k is a POS to them.
>>
>>959435
Can you hook a /n/igga up as to where I can get this deal, sweet OP of mine?
>>
try to get a discount through the imba or anything else on promotive.com
>>
thanks for the reassurance, the 1x setup seems OK for me. worst case scenario i get off and walk it.
>>
>>959833try to get a discount through the imba or anything else on promotive.com
>>
>>959833
https://www.promotive.com

imba has a team, better discounts on others though.
>>
>>959794
You got as much from your dollar as you could anon. Better deals would require hunting hard for closeouts, or last year's tech.

Pretty much every dollar above the 500 dollar teir on that has gone into the suspension, which is a pretty good place to be.

Next steps are obvious. Get it put together, dialed in and on the trails.
>>
>>960276
any tips for assembling it? im kind of a down tube
>>
File: 1361557942279.jpg (172 KB, 639x534) Image search: [Google]
1361557942279.jpg
172 KB, 639x534
>>960341
GMBN has some tutorial videos you may be interested in, friend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYckLJ25XkM&index=5&list=PLXWBBaEdFtbInJIh9tjZPFn2guv-A2_JT
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.