[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grey Hound Bus Stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Greyhound.jpg (34 KB, 490x371) Image search: [Google]
Greyhound.jpg
34 KB, 490x371
Who's ridden Greyhound and do you have any bizarre stories? I know their infamous for attracting the lowest common denominator types. I took it once, but only for about a 7 hour trip, wasn't too eventful except some low life wanting to pick a fight with some person who accidental took their spot after a stop break. There's bound to be some good greyhound (or any other long distance bus) stories you have to tell, this has the potentional to be an interesting thread.
>>
I got decapitated by a chinaman once
>>
>>959409
I like that story
>>
I rode boltbus overnight and I was surrounded by qts and had the seat next to me empty.
>>
Because of a freak weather pattern or some accident, we were diverted to a different airport. Had no viable flight options that could take our bikes, not even a U-haul. Further complicating things, two thirds of our regular luggage was nowhere to be found at the time, dramatically reducing the clean clothes available.

So we were a pack of racers with shaved legs in florescent spandex on a bus in East St Louis, in what the guy sitting next to me described as the armed robbery capital of America.

No one actually robbed us, but there was a domestic violence thing at the front of the bus, where some crazy woman threatened to throw the baby out the window if the guy she was with didn't promise to stop cheating.

One of the domestiques got strong armed into buying a mix tape, but that dude helped us out with directions, and eased some tensions with the locals, who thought we were gay european dancers or something like that.

We got catcalled a couple of times, and one of our riders got aggressively pursued by one of the busriders. She said she was going to stick him in a shopping cart, take him home and ride him all the way to france. Fortunately for his marriage, we were able to gap her off of him.

Also, the police at the last bus terminal strongly suggested that we didn't go out in public until we could dress properly. I remember his exact words.

> I aint telling ya what to do or how to live. We're here to serve and protect the best we can. I'm just sayin, someone might not like how you're dressed, and they can tractor pull you a LONG way before we'll be there.
>>
>>959405
I'd take the Attack to my moms house. I'd get on in Ventura County, and the train went to LA. It started further north and there always was guys let out and going back to LA. They would have Walkmans and all there stuff in a box.

Greyhound. On a bus going back east stopped at Wendover, NV. We had a break there, and in the bathroom one of the guys was farting real loud, and non stop.

Another time a guy showed me how to save money buying tickets. This was between Washington State and California. You buy a ticket to the city closest to the State Border, then a ticket from there to the city just across the border. Then a ticket all the way across the state to the city just before the border. Between college and home I'd have to buy 5 tickets.
>>
File: 1444704941267.gif (2 MB, 643x539) Image search: [Google]
1444704941267.gif
2 MB, 643x539
I took the bus once from Adelaide, Australia to Ceduna, Australia.

The trip was 12 hours long: http://premierstateliner.com.au/media/uploads/timetables/ceduna-231115.pdf

This was in 2008, the bus was pretty full. On the way there I was sitting next to a WWII veteran and he told me about how he fought the Japanese in Papua New Guinea and how they discovered that the Japanese had cannibalized missionaries and tribal people. It was pretty heartwrenching. We smoked a few cigarettes together at some of the stops but he got off at around the six hour mark.

Some aboriginals got on and they were loud, obnoxious and irritating. They had some young kids and one of their kids shat in their nappy and it stunk up the whole bus. It was disgusting.

I caught a bus from Adelaide to Melbourne (in retrospect this was retarded because it wasn't much more expensive to fly) and sat next to a dude from Africa who was here on some sort of basketball scholarship and we just talked shit the entire time and smoked some of my weed at the stops.

Australia is a big country and bus rides take for-fucking-ever. I don't recommend riding the bus here if you can avoid it, both of the trips I took were MARATHONS of endurance.

Although if you get sat next to a cool dude and you're mildly sociable you'll be fine.
>>
File: 5UXARbO.jpg (35 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
5UXARbO.jpg
35 KB, 500x250
>>959470
>>
>>959502
Made me chuckle. Flyover America might as well be Afghanistan as far as I'm concerned

Anyway my grossest story was taking one of those Chinatown buses from E Broadway to DC. I was going to take the train like normal but my friend insisted I try it and have an open mind. So I had an open mind and most of the trip was spent holding my nose as a black family struggled to help their massively obese incontinent elderly mother fit into the toilet stall. She couldn't fit and after about an hour of struggling she just let loose a pool of shit and piss. The smell quickly overwhelmed the atmosphere inside the bus, so the driver did the logical thing and started chain smoking. I thought I was going to puke but I made it. I'm never taking the bus ever again no matter how much Acela costs. Also, this proves that my mind is closed for good reason.
>>
I noticed we got off the highway at my destination early, and I just thought, "oh, distance was a little shorter than I thought it was."

Driver went a couple miles off the exit, pulled over into a school parking lot, and came on the PA to say "I'm sorry for this folks, but I'm lost. Can anyone come up and direct me to the bus station?"
>>
>>959502
>We got catcalled a couple of times, and one of our riders got aggressively pursued by one of the busriders. She said she was going to stick him in a shopping cart, take him home and ride him all the way to france. Fortunately for his marriage, we were able to gap her off of him.

lmao
was she a 300 pound negress
>>
>>959405
Get on bus to got to the airport to catch a flight. Set next to a older guy who smiles at me. "I am so glad to see a younger person riding the bus. You are our best hope for humanities future." He says. "Why?" I ask, not thinking too much at the time.

From there he went into great length and detail about how the government struck a deal with aliens to abduct people from airplanes mid flight and switch them with obedient clones.

I was very impressed as his argument was far more developed than most conspiracy nuts I have met, even citing the real reason cell phones are turned off in flight was to keep people from calling for help and warning the world. He got off the stop before me, I stayed on to make it to my plane on time.

Every bus ride something really crazy has happened to the point I only ride when I am out of options, which is sad given how effective it is.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.