[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw go on reddit's cycling page just to get the URL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
File: reddit.jpg (52 KB, 887x1024) Image search: [Google]
reddit.jpg
52 KB, 887x1024
>tfw go on reddit's cycling page just to get the URL to direct some fixie hipster on /n/ to go there instead
>see something that sees randonneuring
>click it
>some faggot is asking for help mentally preparing for a 200km ride
https://www.reddit.com/r/randonneuring/comments/4hoves/how_to_mentally_prepare_for_my_first_200/
HAHAHAHAHA these fucking faggots are so fucking weak that 200km is HARD and LONG for them
I LITERALLY CAN'T STOP LAUGHING
fucking lulz reddit is pathetic

And then there's this faggot
https://www.reddit.com/r/randonneuring/comments/4gw51m/riding_300_km/
Who thinks 300km is a long ride on A FUCKING ROAD BIKE
Sure on a heavy steel bike 300km is a decent length ride to do in one day, but on A FUCKING ROAD BIKE that's like a half day ride
>>
On an opposite note, this ABSOLUTE FUCKING MADMAN http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/bicycles/34348-3-days-3-nights-1000-brm-chennai-vijayawada-chennai.html
did 960km in under 72 hours on a shit-tier Schwinn BSO with a shit-tier suspension fork
ABSOLUTE
FUCKING
MADMAN
I half don't even believe that's the bike he did it on
What the actual fuck, doing it on that fucking thing
How the actual fuck
>>
>>958510
>2016:
>Going to reddit for ANY reason
Please kill yourself
>Posting about it on /n/
Please kill yourself AS HARD AS POSSIBLE
>Commenting in your own shitty thread
Please kill yourself AS HARD AS POSSIBLE, then resurrect yourself, then KILL YOURSELF AS HARD AS POSSIBLE, AGAIN.

Faggot.
>>
Sieg, it's nice that you're into bikes now, but maybe you'd be better off if you left us for another website. I know/n/ would be
>>
>>958513
I only went there to make sure I had the URL right to direct this faggot >>955304 to go there. I did it to help purge /n/ of its cancer.
>>
>>958513
>>958514
>butthurt weak faggot casuals who are jealous that they are the weakest, slowest cyclists on /n/ and that even reddit cyclists are better detected
>>
>>958514
Not me, Reddit cyclists are very casual

They love those upright, giant defy bikes.
>>
>>958523
H-how do you know this?

you faggot
>>
>>958523
Giant is like the Schwalbe of the bike manufacturers though.
>>
>>958529
No technically that would be Maxxis
>>
>>958510
>browsing reddit
Get out.

You're probably a basement dweller that can't even ride your walmart fixie for 20km without having to have a bit of a rest.
>>
>>958583
Learn to fucking read, incompetent fucktard dumbass. I don't fucking browse reddit. I went to the URL to make sure I had the URL right to redirect a cancerous fixie hipster faggot from /n/ to reddit. An hero you fucking incompetent fuck.
>>
>>958588
>see something that sees randonneuring
>click it
That's browsing you faggot. You also have never done a 200km ride in your life. Honestly, anti reddit faggots are the worse. I don't come to 4chan to hear about reddit. If I wanted to see how stupid reddit was, I'd browse reddit. And then they devolve everything into complaining about reddit and calling everyone they don't like reddit.
>>
>>958588
suuuuure, buddy.

>>>/reddit/
That's all you really had to do, but all of us here already knew you were just eagerly waiting for a "believable" excuse to browse reddit, and you were so excited by what you found, you brought it back here
>>
>>958590
I didn't even know if the link was to a reddit page because I don't know how reddit is set up. I didn't have to scroll on link I was testing to find it, I opened the URL to confirm that it works.
I have done multiple >200km rides, faggot.
>>958591
>this butthurt that he can't do a 200km ride in under 10 hours
faggot
And it would be >>>>/reddit/ because three arrows is for cross-board, not cross-website, you absolute fucktarded dumbass cunt fuck newfag.
>>
>>958595
Sure is reddit in here.
>>
File: 1463531177305.gif (1 MB, 217x217) Image search: [Google]
1463531177305.gif
1 MB, 217x217
I usually browse r/bicycling for laughs and sometimes useful info. I love the threads about guys doing 100km averaging 23-25 km/h on flat ground without hills, and threads with troll bikes like this https://www.reddit.com/r/bicycling/comments/4jonbc/finally_a_bike_worthy_of_a_nbd_yes_my_legs_are/

Most of the threads are blog shit like:

- I purchased a new bike/wheels
- I ride my bike around the nearest park/beach/dock/river/lake and I take cool pics
- I did a CENTURY (I'm a serious rider, not a casual) with no hills, congratulate me.
- I took a pic of my 80's heavy steel BSO with a brooks saddle.
>>
>>958607
I don't think the majority of /n/ has done a century.

>- I took a pic of my 80's heavy steel BSO with a brooks saddle.
Wait this sounds exactly like /n/
>>
>>958607
Don't forget the "I'm new to cycling I did TWENTY WHOLE KILOMETRES please validate me"
>>
>>958607
>- I did a CENTURY (I'm a serious rider, not a casual) with no hills, congratulate me.
I kind of want to start browsing reddit now to tell these people what faggot casuals they are.
>brooks
Into the trash it goes!
>>958615
People don't actually get excited about that, do they? The first ride I was ever excited about having done was a 40 mile (~64km) ride on a BSO when I was a kid.
After that the next time I felt accomplished after a ride was when I did a ~122mi/196km ride.
>>
>>958615
I don't know if you were here before, but seig basically did that and was extremely proud of his short distances because I think he was/is a fat smoker or something.
>>
>>958588
nikolasv detected
>>
200km of hills is fucking hard that's a grand tour stage what are you smoking nigga a day riding is 600km? why have you bought reddit here when will you delete this garbage thread
>>
>>958644
Fuck off you stupid faggot, a grand tour STAGE is one day in a series of days, where they are going all-out racing. Any halfway good cyclist can EASILY complete a single grand tour stage's route in a day. Maybe not all the stages in consecutive days like the racers do, and maybe not even a single stage in the time it takes a racer to do it. But to just ride the route? 200km is
CASUAL
A
S
U
A
L

An all day ride would be like 400-600km, longer rides=slower average, but 300km is half day
>>
>>958646
Oh look its a poseur randoshit with a meme bike that doesn't even have a single brevet card complaining about casuals
>>
>>958646
Look everyone people are slow and i'm great, also reddit.

fuck you're such a cunt it's unbelievable
>>
>>958647
>poseur
Try again. I actually ride, unlike you.
>randoshit
The only type of cycling better than randonneuring is touring. Get fucked.
>meme bike
You don't know what type of bicycles I have you stupid faggot.
>brevet card
Length/time/terrain/etc is what determines whether or not someone is a casual. Needing other people to recognize your accomplishments, such as with a brevet card, just makes you an insecure attention whore. Nothing wrong with riding in 'official' events, but it doesn't make you any less casual.
>>958649
>being this butthurt
Your casual tears are glorious.
>>
>>958510
niki pls go
>>
>>958650
I know you don't have a bicycle
>>
>>958653
Prove it faggot
>>
>>958655
Well for one you don't have a time stamped picture and all you do is talk shit.
>>
>>958623
I feel accomplished after every ride that makes my butt hurt.
>>
>>958664
just buy a shitty saddle desu
>>
>>958510

How can you say a 200 km ride is easy without knowing its altimetry? I bet you live in a flat, sealevel, boring place.
>>
>>958677
>200km of flats
oh god that would make me kill myself after the first 50
>>
>>958680
What if it was a headwind all the way out and tail all the way back?
>>
>>958646

300 km takes about 10 hours even for a reasonably trained cyclist if riding alone or with only one or two friends. Thats full day in my books.

Just because you like to ride too damn long rides doesn't make them any more interesting.

In Finland we have this saying "mitä pitempi matka, sitä tyhmempi jätkä".
>>
>>958650
>Length/time/terrain/etc is what determines whether or not someone is a casual

Length has no bearing on casualness. Speed relative to others, i.e. race results, is the only factor.
>>
>>958669
Or no saddle and just sit on the seatpost or seattube. On the plus side you get to fuck your bike while riding.
>>959131
>10 hours
More like 12-15+
>too damg long
Casual detected.
>>
>>959134
Some people are so far beyond being casual that they no longer care about proving themselves to others and instead undertake much more substantial challenges than races.
>>958680
Casual fuck
>>958685
lol
>>
>>959138
And then they shitpost about it anonymously on 4chan
>>
Unless you have WON an event like RAAM or RACE you're a filthy fucking casual and should get out of /n/.
>>
File: noice.jpg (184 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
noice.jpg
184 KB, 640x480
ITT: tough guy cyclists.
look out, they bad.
>>
>>959141
That bike looks like someone took a fixie and converted it to a geared bike.
>>959140
No, only if you are a current world record holder. Winning a single year event isn't enough. And you have to do it with no support death cage.
>>
>>958607
You're forgetting vague thread titles to share some lame picture.
>>
File: gordon-01.jpg (40 KB, 468x490) Image search: [Google]
gordon-01.jpg
40 KB, 468x490
reddit.com/u/nikolasv
>>
>>959522
kek
KEK
>>
>>958510
>on A FUCKING ROAD BIKE that's like a half day ride

300km / 6h = 50 km / 1h

I'd pay to watch you try maintain that speed for even 15 minutes.
>>
>>959546
>implying he could hold 50 km/h for 30 secs
>>
>>959522
Holy shit, thats worse than expected, he is a /pol/ retard and a redditor.
>>
>>958623
If you see pictures of them you'd understand, 20 something lanky or fat liberals, with a bike usually 2 frame sizes too large and tubes. Cliff bars and full kit to ride sub 15 miles at 10 mph
>>
>>959652
>15 miles at 10 mph
This is me. I've been looking for some good pants to ride in. I usually just wear my normal everyday jeans, but they tend to wear out in the butt so quickly,
>>
>>958513
i agree, dont even bother or acknowledge said site
>>
>>958656
do you have a time stamped picture of me not having a bicycle?

thats right casual bitch, you don't
>>
ITT
Niggers claim they ride more than 300k in a day.
LMAO. Sure you are.
>>
>>959696
If you pay attention in forever shinkansen there are some pretty serious mile eaters around here m8.
>>
>>959653
If only someone made clothes designed specifically for riding a bike.
>>
>>959709
Well yeah, but then Sieg will laugh at me.
>>
>>959704
Yes, but claiming 200 k is nothing is just retarded.
>>
>>959714
Two hundred thousand?
>>
>>959720
Metres. Yes, exactly. Get with the times, burgers.
>>
>>959722
Yeah well, the context suggest kilometres. And since you didn't specify...
>>
File: full-of-fuck.jpg (13 KB, 268x268) Image search: [Google]
full-of-fuck.jpg
13 KB, 268x268
>>959726
>mfw im not even him
>mfw k in the context didnt (to you) obviously refer to kilometres or 'klicks'
>mfw you think 200,000km "makes sense given the context"
What the...
>>
>>959730
>mfw being too lazy to type literally one (1) additional m
>>
File: veryfuckyou.gif (119 KB, 320x600) Image search: [Google]
veryfuckyou.gif
119 KB, 320x600
>>959733
>mfw not understanding spoken language in written form
>mfw youre living in such a backwards country/trailerpark that youve never heard anyone say k or klick even on television
>>
>>959653
This is me on my mountain bike.
>>
>>959546
a day is more than 12 hours idiot
do you sleep 12 hours?
day is as long as your awake
awake 16 hours
300km takes like 12 hours
so 3/4 day
Or maybe OP is in Alaska and rides during summer when days are like 20 hours
>>959522
>>959527
>>959644
>browsing reddit
>finding reddit profiles
>clicking reddit links
>>959652
Clif bars are great but yeah, not needed for sub-15 mile rides
>>
>>959733
It's not about laziness fucktard. When cyclists talk about distance they say "kay" or "kays" not "kay em" or "kmmm".
>>
>>958588
>i was just holding it for a friend!

Fuck off, Niko. Smelly fucking Greek
>>
For some reason the fixed gear sub like to talk about urban riding in the same way MTB riders do. They talk about shredding a lot but it really just means riding in traffic. They didn't have the fitness to be a roadie nor the skills and strength to be a trail rider.
>>
>>959975
Fuck, the one time I posted on reddit was on the fixed gear sub, because I needed to ask a question about a specific product and I don't even ride a fixie, and most google hits on it took me there. They were a bunch of pretentious dicks who didn't actually know anything, who were more preoccupied with making things up and straight up lying so they would appear hardcore and/or knowledgeable, and the other reddits would suck their cocks and back them up if you refuted them, because board mod deserves a cock sucking and knows everything even when he's plainly wrong making making shit up and can't back up his claims when called out on them.
>>
>>959795
>awake 16 hours
>300km takes like 12 hours
>so 3/4 day

So what you're saying is OP is wrong?
>>
>le reddit 4chan wars
>2016

you guys are what's killing this site
>>
Everytime I make a new reddit account, basically whenever I want to make a post I remember to send nikolasv an abusive message.
>>
>>960151
I'm saying both OP and the person I replied to are wrong. The difference is the former was trolling, whereas the latter was serious and seriously believed what he posted despite being wrong.
>>960153
Redditer detected
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.