[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I told the guy at the bike shop that my tires are 27x1 1/4 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (710 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
710 KB, 1536x2048
I told the guy at the bike shop that my tires are 27x1 1/4 and this is what he sold me. Is this right, or do I need to go back? I don't understand why there are two dimensions in metric but three in imperial.
>>
They're right. The writing is a little confusing, but it's basically saying it'll fit either a
>700 tire with a width from 28 to 35 millimeters
and also will fit a
>27" tire with a width from 1-1/8 to 1-1/4 inches
Hope that helps
>>
>>958456
Ok, I'll try it. I'm reading online about tire and tube sizing and everything's so complicated...
>>
>>958466
just make sure you put the tube in so it spins in the right direction
>>
>>958452
Assuming it's the right valve stem type (Schrader), then that's the right tube. I love SunLite tubes.
>>958466
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html
>>958470
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: haha.jpg (43 KB, 600x363) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
43 KB, 600x363
>>958473
>he rides with non-directional tubes
>>
File: 1354472071184.gif (335 KB, 300x151) Image search: [Google]
1354472071184.gif
335 KB, 300x151
>>958473
>tfw the guy giving out advice on /n/ doesnt even know about directional tubes.
>>
File: Logo_Schwalbe.svg.png (11 KB, 2000x718) Image search: [Google]
Logo_Schwalbe.svg.png
11 KB, 2000x718
>>958452
>do I need to go back?
Hell yeah you do,That is not even a top of the line butyl tube likes the ones from Schwalbe,the manufacturer of professional inner tubes
>>
>>958474
>>958488
>6 posts in this thread
>5 unique posters
>only one reply is OP's
Your samefag is showing.
>>
File: Untitled.png (8 KB, 405x191) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8 KB, 405x191
>>958491
are you sure about that?
>>
>>958495
He probably mounted his tube backwards this morning.
>>
>>958452
>sunlite

throw it directly in the trash
>>
>>958497
Maybe he is deflating his tires right now to install it the right way. It should still be ok if he hasnt put more than 20-30 miles on it yet
>>
File: fag.jpg (14 KB, 405x191) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
14 KB, 405x191
>>958495
Very.
>>958497
Fuck off downtuber.
>>958498
Kill yourself faggot. SunLite are literally the best tubes on the market.
>>
>>958452
Ignore the fucktards saying to install your tube the right direction. They are trying to 'troll' but in reality they're accomplishing nothing more than blatant shitposting. There is no truth to their words and they know it. And they're massive faggots with short stems and double downtubes.
>>
File: p5pb12607993[1].jpg (224 KB, 1024x639) Image search: [Google]
p5pb12607993[1].jpg
224 KB, 1024x639
>>958500
>Kill yourself faggot. SunLite are literally the best tubes on the market.
You misspelled "Scwalbe" you dumb nigger

Schwalbe tubes have the best air retention due to the high purity butyl rubbed that has beenpressed through 7 filters under extreme presure,giving the Schwalbe tubes a niform thickness and industry leading air tightness.

Their valves are all nickle coated to withstand corrosion,their presta valves feature removable valve cores and Scwalbe makes the only good quality dunlop valve in the world,and also the only dunlop valve that a pressure gauge can be used on(only The Shwalbe airmax can read them though).

Schwalbe Xlight and XXlight are the lightests butyl tubes on the market(because latex is weak unreliable shit)while still havin superb air tightness.

Also Schwalbe introduced the "evo" tubes made out of a airtight polymer and the weight savings are off the scale.

The extreme elasticity and quality of the Schwalbe tubes allow them to cover a massive range of tire widths,something lesser companies have copied on their packaging although the tubes are not up to it(looking at you CST)

You sunShit chinktubes are shit compared to the worlds best tubes
SCHWALBE
>>
>>958524
Whoops Even I misspelled Schwalbe
S-C-H-W-A-L-B-E
>>
>>958524
As badly as I want clear stems I love those little securing nuts.

>Also Schwalbe introduced the "evo" tubes made out of a airtight polymer and the weight savings are off the scale.
Are those the clear things that are impossible to pinch flat, or is that some other manufacturer? I looked at getting some for my mountain bike (no idea if they actually do 700c) but found it hard to justify a literal 20x cost (may have even been more).
>>
>>958564
The Schwalbe evo tubes are only suited for those who seek ultimate performance out of a standard clincher MTB tire,they are susceptible to punctures just like any other tube(they are patchable with their own special type of patches)
If you are anything other than a mountain fred or any other kind of performance freak I would recommend something else.
>>
>>958524
>You misspelled "Scwalbe"
>>
>>958570
You're a rather honest shill.

I found the tubes I was talking about, they're made by Eclipse. A bit more expensive than the Evo tubes for a near identical weight (for 26", the only size available in both) but Eclipse does 700c.
>>
>>958564
Tubeless is impossible to snakebite, lighter, offers lower rolling resistance and self sealing properties for small nicks and penetrative damage. And a pint of sealant costs like a pair of cheap butyl tubes. Tubes are so last century, gramps.
>>
>>958570
mountain freds ride tubeless, dipshit. do i have to post my Schwalbe Evo TR Liteskin Double-Secret Unobtanium Racing Ralphs?
>>
>>958619
>using shit tier high maintenence tech 'because freds'
>being this angsty
You're a Fred, Fred-chan. If you ran any Schwalbe Evos it'd be the Furious Freds.
>>
>>958633
fuck you got me
>>
Continentals better
>>
>>958642
Continental is shit
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.