[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you bike with your dog? How do you bike with your dog? Pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: .jpg (419 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
419 KB, 1920x1080
Do you bike with your dog? How do you bike with your dog? Pic related is my bike model.
>>
>>958301
I almost had to kick a dog in the face yesterday
>>
we had 2 malimute (sled breed) mix dogs when I was younger.
My dad had an old coaster brake cruiser bike and would use that to keep the dogs from going to fast while he held their leases with one hand and handle bars with the other.
>>
File: kure.png (542 KB, 985x1097) Image search: [Google]
kure.png
542 KB, 985x1097
under the guise of being their ally and cooperating
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 500x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 500x287
>>
Please don't do this, it's dangerous as fuck
>>
>>958301
When my car dies I'm going to get a Burley or Thule trailer and use that to get my dog to my folks' home on my 14hr days. Until then, I don't.
>>
>>958331

This. Unless you have one of those perfectly behaved dogs that doesn't need a leash, don't even bother.
>>
>>958301
1. If you're going so slow that you can 'walk' your dog while on your bike, then you're wasting your time on a bike.
2. In order for your dog, yourself, and others around you to be safe, your dog needs to be on a short leash. That doesn't give you any margin for error and your dog, yourself, or both, could become seriously injured (or dead, in the case of your dog).

Either of the above is more than an adequate reason to separate the two activities. If you're going to ride your bike, leave your canine friend at home, and if you want to 'walk' your dog, then 'walk' with him on your own two feet, your dog will appreciate it more, you'll appreciate it more, and it's safer for everyone, okay?
>>
>>958356
>1. If you're going so slow that you can 'walk' your dog while on your bike, then you're wasting your time on a bike.
Huskies can go 10-11mph at an all-day pace (150 miles) while pulling a sled. There are even faster hunting dogs, it's just that huskies are the ones used as pack animals for endurance events so it's easier to find average speeds for them.
>>
>>958360
If you feel the need to get a Huskey and aren't prepared to walk/run with him a few hours a day, then move north and buy a fucking sled rather than risking your animal's life with retarded behaviour.
>>
File: faty.jpg (26 KB, 425x271) Image search: [Google]
faty.jpg
26 KB, 425x271
>>958362
I think you don't get how fast dogs are. The natural speed of most dogs is considerably faster than a human walking.
>>
>>958363
It's not about their fucking speed. It's about chaining a dog to a fast moving object that he is not pulling.

So when something happens, an unexpected object approaching, like a retarded cager cutting you off at a turn, are you gonna quote average speeds when you're pulling your dog's head out of your spokes?
>>
File: photo-1.jpg (124 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
photo-1.jpg
124 KB, 1024x680
This is how Lance's ex-domestique Tyler Hamilton does it
>>
>>958365
You were the one that brought up speed. If you want to admit you were wrong just say so.
>>
>>958373
You're an idiot and I sincerely hope you don't subject your dog to this kind of mistreatment and unnecessary risk.
>>
>>958375
I'm not OP and I never negated your second point. But at this point, it seems like you're all bark and no bite.
>>
>>958365
Also dogs aren't physically designed to "trot" for long distances. They can die from over exertion. Humans are physically designed for extended periods of cardio activity (sweating/panting). We won't overheat and die as easily as a dog trotting.
>>
File: dogtour21707_468x330.jpg (36 KB, 468x330) Image search: [Google]
dogtour21707_468x330.jpg
36 KB, 468x330
If you're one of those massive fucking faggots that lets your dog run around off the leash, I'm going to find you and kill your fucking dog. I have come inches away from killing so many fucking dogs that are just running up the trail 60ft ahead of their owners. Especially when they have the audacity to bring their dog on trails CLEARLY built for biking. And they say sorry like they don't know what their doing after I almost fly off the side of the trail trying to avoid their oblivious fucking shitsack.

Tl;DR? KEEP YOUR FUCKING DOG OFF THE TRAIL THEY CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE
>>
Put your dog in some sort of basket when you're going downhill and make them run alongside you when you are climbing.
>>
File: images.jpg (32 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
32 KB, 384x384
>>960038
>>
>>960034
How about you get the fuck out from HIKING TRAILS with your fucking BIKE and stop ruining the trail, the nature around it, and the experience of people who want to enjoy a more athletic activity than your fucking fred 4% downhill xtreme toddler racing?

I'm a park ranger and I had one of you faggots fly at me down a pathetic incline on a WALKING TRAIL like I was obligated to give way. Guess what, I didn't.
>>
>>960034
>Gotta go fast
>I'll kill your dog

Cyclists, everyone.
>>
>>962015
not only ill I kill your dog, but I will tie you up anally rape your wife in front of you and cut the head off your 1st born before I beat you to death with wrench nigga.. hat you think you are hard? you aint shit you fucking cager
>>
Upright bikes and dogs on leads are a disaster waiting to happen. A recumbent trike with a two into one brake lever works ok.
>>
>>960040
>kickstand on left side
>dog's weight on right side
>>
>>958301

I bike with my dog everyday. If you're going to do it properly it requires training of the dog (not to cross in front of bike, etc.) and great bike handling skills on your end. Practice somewhere safe, then expand out as you get comfortable.

Use a waist leash. It anchors the dog to your center of gravity and gives you the most control. Holding the leash in your hand is dangerous. I have not used the bike attachment thing, but I wouldn't trust it personally.

Good luck and don't be stupid/ an asshole while learning this. Take it slow. If you can pull it off its a great way to get some solid daily exercise for the pupper.
>>
>>958367
that rules
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.