[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, it's officially over 70 degrees here and bicycling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: random-0.jpg (51 KB, 640x455) Image search: [Google]
random-0.jpg
51 KB, 640x455
Well, it's officially over 70 degrees here and bicycling season has returned. Looks like I'll be on /n/ for another summer. Can't wait to share the next few months with you, rebuilding my muscle mass enough to cruise at 15mph again, making it up that hill and fantasizing about what it would be like to do a group ride.
I'm all stocked up on bananas. Are you ready /n/?
>>
70 is a little fucking chilly, bro. At least here where it matters.
If you're talking commie temps, you're on fucking fire.
>>
>>957716
Are you fucking kidding me, bro? That's pussy talk there. For me, anything above 55 degrees is comfy temperatures, and anything bellow 45 is a no go.
>>
>>957717
Hahahahahahahahha

Former chicago food delivery

Anything north of -10 hailstorm and i ride naked

If it drops to -20 i reluctantly wear underarmor for the warm up. Only shorts tho

Dont wanna be a fair weather faggot
>>
>>957715
>Bicycling season
That ended when daytime temperatures went above 50, you casuals ruin cycling between April and October
>>
>>957716
do you live in faggot florida

because that state does not matter
>>
>>957715
70 degrees is kinda hot (21ºc), I prefer lower temps, like 11º-14ºc with fresh wind. At that temp I don't feel any cold and barely sweat.
>>
>>957715
it was 83° at 9 this morning.
>>
>using farenheit
Keck
>>
>>957716
No, I was joking about being from the US, where we use fahrenheit.

>>957937
70 isn't hot
>>
>>957715
>bicycling season
You mean every day of every year?
>rebuilding my muscle mass enough to cruise at 15mph again
You need literally no muscle mass to cruise at 15. I'm a skinny fucker and average 19+ solo, been riding about 2 months.
>>
>>958006
In starting the banana diet up for the summer to get my carbs and I've resubscribed to durianrider's channel.
>>
>>958006
That depends on the bike breh. Knobbies and panniers in a headwind on flat bars would make that difficult
>>
>>957958
70F is okay if you're just sitting around, but it's hot when you're doing any sort of activity.
>>
tfw its winter in less than 2 weeks in Sydney and still 25 (77f) degrees C every single day.
wish it was colder for the sake of riding.
>>
>>958122
25 is pleasantly cool
>>
>>957715
Is this whole thread bait?
>>
>>957715
There is a dude with a trek domane full di2 at the lbs who can't keep up with a 14 mph average speed group ride....I mean fucking Oakley glasses, obnoxious giro logo helmet and full lycra (several different race team ones) and he can't ride at 14 mph
>>
File: Dalai Lama.jpg (68 KB, 424x542) Image search: [Google]
Dalai Lama.jpg
68 KB, 424x542
>>958175
I bet he gets more pussy than you and there's absolutely no reason to bash someone for having a Giro logo on their helmet. They make good helmets that are comfy.
Did you ever stop to think that maybe, he buys all that stuff in an effort to keep up because he knows he's weak and needs the handicap?
He probably volunteers for charity when he's not at work or riding.

>>958155
What kind of question is that to even ask? No.
>>
File: aye.jpg (1 MB, 4674x3079) Image search: [Google]
aye.jpg
1 MB, 4674x3079
>>958175
what is this 'full lycra' ? Are you seriously telling me you ride a race bike, you're always talking DA this bla bla bla, but you don't wear lycra? That's what a fred actually is. You are a fred.
>>
>>958200
Whoa, hey now. Some of us like nice bikes but want the pleasure of stress free image of being a dirty casual.
>>
>>958207
fair play as long as you aren't hating
>>
>>957715
>bicycling season
Um... what?
>>
File: jjjlol.jpg (28 KB, 801x534) Image search: [Google]
jjjlol.jpg
28 KB, 801x534
>>957717
>anything bellow 45 is a no go.
>accuses others of pussy talk
>>
>>958028
Why the FUCK would you use knobbies and panniers? On pavement/gravel, semislicks>knobbies. On singletrack (the only placed where knobbies are good), bikepacking setup>panniers.
>>
This just in: people in different parts of the world have different perceptions of temperature.
>>
>>958257
It's mostly season based around here but if you have a 20mph speed into a 10mph head wind and it's a humid 70 degrees that gives wind chill to well below 60 degrees which is just colder than I'd like for bicycling.

My ideal cycling temperature is 85 degrees.
>>
>>958332
the fuck

that's hot as shit

my ideal cycling weather is ~55F, overcast, with still air
>>
>>958343
IDK, when I work out or cycle my core seems to get cold super easy. I also sweat quite a bit because I'm pushing myself, ad that to whatever wind speed you're generating...
I want it hot. 85 to 90 degrees is just fine and I take an extra water bottle. Anything below 70 and I seriously won't go riding.

Still air is ideal though.
>>
>>958347
Ten celcius in a hurricane

Really any weather that isnt hailstorm. Or hailstorm in chicago windtunnelwm jesus mang.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.