[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Egyptair plane crash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
File: 1030046116.jpg (96 KB, 1000x541) Image search: [Google]
1030046116.jpg
96 KB, 1000x541
Allah snackbars at it again

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0YA08W
>>
>>957628
>All the news services showing a thumbnail of an A330
reeeeeee

and I'm a lycra not even an insufferable plane foamer
>>
This is why bicycles are better.
>>
>>957714

You're proposing to bike from France to Cairo?
Good fucking luck with that.
>>
>>957719
Better luck than those on MS804.
>>
>>957713
You're alright in my book fred.
was watching CNN and they really need to lay off their "tech"
It's laughable and irritating at the same time.
They pulled up the interior of a plane to show where the people are.
> here we have the pilots up front in the cockpit
Really? !

News used to report facts, now it's all speculation.
>>
>>957727
>News used to report facts, now it's all speculation.
It's because they don't have any actual news about it but people are looking for some so if they don't have a story then the viewers will switch over.

So they have to have a story and since they've got nothing, they whip something up with speculation, graphics and fluff.

I'm old enough to have been pissed off by this constantly since the first gulf war.
>>
>>957739
I know, the 24 hour news networks were the worst thing to happen to facts
>>
>>957727
>>957739
>>957744
Hi kids, adult here

There was plenty of crap quality news with rampant misinformation printed before CNN, you're just accustomed to being able to use Google for everything, hours after a story runs
>>
>>957774
Ding ding ding.
I'm glad someone else understands. I'll watch CNN, but I'll still go and verify stuff elsewhere.
>>
File: 6943970510_81b66f1842_o.jpg (67 KB, 589x745) Image search: [Google]
6943970510_81b66f1842_o.jpg
67 KB, 589x745
Once there was a beautiful airship called the Hindenburg. It crashed and killed 36 people. The US government banned hydrogen airships.

Since then passenger airplanes have conquered the skies and crashed many more times and killed many more people. Is it not logical to ban airplanes now too? No fun for me no fun for thee. O wait, I have a better idea, lift the hydrogen ban.
>>
File: 1461092979943.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1461092979943.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
I saw the plane went down to 15,000, then 10,000 then 0... why would it have stopped at those altitudes? If it was a bomb it would just spiral to the ground, right?
>>
>>957890
Because the resolution on those charts isn't designed to handle planes breaking up in midair

Reality isn't a video game, kids

It's not going to respawn either
>>
>>957893
Ah the news implied it at stopped descending at those altitudes, I didn't see the charts.
>>
>>957628 I don't believe this is a case of the Scackbars
>>
>>957628
The left turn and then right turn with possible spin made me think that something went wrong in the cockpit resulting in an unintended leftward spiral that was overcorrected into a rightward spiral that they didn't recover from.
>>
>>957774
>31
>called a kid
Yeah, that's accurate lol

>>957863
They were assault blimps.

>>957918
Doesn't the plane stop the pilot from going beyond a certain point?
>>
File: 434134.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
434134.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>957628
>main wreckage still not found

Its clear as day to me
>>
>>957986
There are conditions under which flight envelope protections won't save you, none of them being normal. Just see the air Asia crash or the air France crash for examples.

Also 31 is borderline kid. The cutoff is having had an adult life before search engines.
>>
looks like a fire in the cargo hold ripped through the flight computers and rendered the flight controls useless
Pretty depressing
>>
>>958029
Everyone is yelling terrorism and it's probably some bullshit reason.
Just saw that smoke detectors in the bathroom went off.
Inb4 some vapefa/g/ had his ecig explode
>>
>>958051
That could have been due to explosive decompression or a fire caused by a bomb

Recent bombings have used homemade explosives, if something wasn't quite up to snuff the device could have just burned stuff and brought the plane down
>>
>>958027
>The cutoff is having had an adult life before search engines
I guess you're the last adult on earth then, humanity is all kids now.

Now let's get back to the real point of this thread, an outlet for ignorant speculation while we wait to be told what actually happened. I've got a commercial pilot buddy, I'll post what he tells me about industry gossip. He told me about the crash several hours before I read about it on the news so he's pretty well networked for this.

>>958066
>Recent bombings have used homemade explosives, if something wasn't quite up to snuff the device could have just burned stuff and brought the plane down

The next bombing will be a guy taping five iPhones together.

No wait, here's how it goes. He waits for people to settle in or sleep, goes to the toilet with his carry-on bag, tapes five iPhones together and wrapping them in alfoil, putting them back in his bag and returning it to the overhead compartment near the emergency oxygen cylinders you see at the front and back. If he's really good, maybe he can crank open the oxygen cylinder while he's putting the bag back up there, probably nobody would notice.

After they ignite, the oxygen flare should make it pretty big and hard to contain, the compartment fills with smoke, eventually something important gets burnt. Do it at the front and maybe you'll get some flight electronics wiring in the fire, do it at the back and you'll get the stabiliser lines. Something is going to go wrong.
>>
>>958091
>Now let's get back to the real point of this thread, an outlet for ignorant speculation

We can have our own news hour :^)

>>958091
>taping five iPhones together.
That's kid shit nigga.
Overclocked nvidia cards in sli with stock coolers all the way.
>>
>>958066
>explosive decompression

This meme again. That Hawaiin plane lose a huge chunk of fuselage and the only casualty was the stewardess who got blown out. What a shit way to go. Anyway, that plane landed safely.
>>
>>958125
Did you check the ACARS data from that flight that disproves the idea that explosive decompression would cause the lavatory smoke alarms to go off?

You should be able to find it on archive.org

t. Post-Google baby
>>
>>958123
>Overclocked nvidia cards in sli with stock coolers all the way.

In the grim future of amateur terrorist bombings, TSA won't let you onboard if your laptop can turn on.

Some anon is going to get their Dota account hacked, lose all their rares and their mind. They'll take their nvidia gaming laptop on a plane, spread a newspaper on their lap under the laptop and run Just Cause 3 at max graphics. The resulting fire will bring down the plane.
>>
>>958130
I was just saying that decompression won't bring down a plane. What are you talking about?
I would think loss of cabin pressure wouldn't set off a smoke alarm.
>>
>>958163
No one suggested anything like you are implying. Were you just looking for an excuse to mention a totally random incident on a completely different type of aircraft? Or are you just this bad at following a discussion?
>>
>>958164
>Or are you just this bad at following a discussion?

Probably this tb h
Morphine and drowsiness does that.
I'll re-read this thread in the morning.
>>
Just curious: Is it possible that somebody was smoking in the bathroom, threw the butt into the trash with a bunch of paper towels, and started a fire that brought the plane down?
>>
>>958202
>Just curious: Is it possible that somebody was smoking in the bathroom, threw the butt into the trash with a bunch of paper towels, and started a fire that brought the plane down?

I'd think unlikely, a fire in the trash ought to be pretty contained. It would likely smother itself from lack of oxygen as soon as the lid was shut, which would happen as soon as anything blocking it was burnt. However, could you deliberately sabotage the plane by stuffing toilet paper into stuff and setting it alight? Probably not, aren't the toilets more or less sealed compartments? With only paper to burn, the fire wouldn't last long enough or get hot enough to melt through the plastic shell of the compartment, I'd think.

I'm sure it wouldn't help the plane fly though, there's a chance that something could go bad. The terrorist would need to lock themselves in the toilet and physically hold the door until they passed out from smoke inhalation as the smoke detector would bring attendants and then sky marshalls running.
>>
File: _89758863_capture.png (158 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
_89758863_capture.png
158 KB, 624x351
The cockpit windows were burning before the toilet sensors went off.
>>
>>958337
> avionics smoke
Wew lad

Can't fly by wire if they're burnt through. Or the thing controlling it all is on fire.
>>
it'd be super weird if this were to turn out to be a Valujet 592 redux
>>
>>958412
>Valujet
That company should have been shut down. They were literally known for corner cutting.
>>
Even if pilots got oxygen through masks, in this case they were not able to stabilise the plane cause fly-wire is burnt.
What about same accident happend to malasian plane, but pilot was able to stabilise plane before oxygen in mask was empty. then autopilot flew plane with all, stuff and paxes passed away from deadly smoke, till fuel was empty.
>>
>>958337
>The cockpit windows were burning
Are you sure that that alert message means that the windows were on fire?

Here's an interpretation of the log messages:
00:26Z 3044 ANTI ICE R WINDOW: There's a fault in the right cockpit window's heating element. The window should be heated to stave off ice but it isn't working.

00:26Z 561200 R SLIDING WINDOW SENSOR: There's a fault in the co-pilot's sliding window sensor. This sensor tells the crew if a cockpit window is closed or not.

00:26Z 2600 SMOKE LAVATORY SMOKE: Smoke has been detected in one of the lavatories. The smoke detector is an optical sensor and detects if a cloud has come between two points of light. It detects smoke but also fog inside the cabin.

00:27Z 2600 AVIONICS SMOKE: Smoke has been detected in the avionics compartment. Located underneath the cockpit, this area can be entered via a latch in the cockpit or via a latch at the nose wheel. It is a big area where all the aircraft computers are located.

00:28Z 561100 R FIXED WINDOW SENSOR: There's a fault in another cockpit window on the right side.

00:29Z 2200 AUTO FLT FCU 2 FAULT: There's a fault in the Autopilot Flight Control Unit 2. There are two channels in the control unit and losing one will result in the spare one taking over automatically.

00:29Z 2700 F/CTL SEC 3 FAULT: There's a fault in the system that controls the wing's spoilers, the portion of the wing that rises during landing. This is the final entry.

From here :http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/21/smoke-in-the-cabin-what-does-the-data-from-egyptair-ms804s-senso/

Yes I know, Daily Telegraph is awful. This story seems ok, probably because it's not about tits, migrants, kids or actors.

>>958462
>What about same accident happend to malasian plane
There were no ACARS there.
>>
>>958091
What is the purpose of coating iphones in foil; is it to keep the heat in, or to make them conductive somehow?
>>
>>958566
Is it possible all these faults didn't actually exist but were generated because the computer was on fire? Well, overheated and then full failure when it burst into flames.

>>958628
Probably to keep heat building up inside until it can't cool itself and catches on fire.
>>
>>958628
>What is the purpose of coating iphones in foil
>>958666
>Probably to keep heat building up inside until it can't cool itself and catches on fire.
This.
It's an internal source of heat so wrap it in foil, shiny side inwards. Will concentrate the heat.

>>958666
>Is it possible all these faults didn't actually exist but were generated because the computer was on fire? Well, overheated and then full failure when it burst into flames.
Possible? Maybe. Probable? Probably not. The failures are sequential over several minutes and they are sensor alerts so probably the sensor needs to send a specific signal rather than just not responding or a short on the line. Depends on the sensor construction though.

The smoke alerts can also be fog from depressurisation. So most of the alerts may just be a result of the cockpit windows blowing in/out. It took two minutes for the fixed window to fail as well so there was clearly some sort of ongoing problem and not just a single cracked window. Maybe a window failure led to a second window failure but people are saying bomb.
>>
>>958683
Didn't know the smoke detector could detect fog. Makes sense now that I learned it's an optical sensor.

You know what I really fucking hate that the news does? When they do a breakdown of passenger info by telling me how many kids and how many infants died. It's bad enough knowing they died a scary and shitty death. Leave it be you sick fucks.
>>
>>958697
>>958683
While fog from depressurization could definitely trigger the smoke alarm, it is all but impossible this happened.
If the plane had depressurized, we would have gotten a CABIN ALT warning on the ACARS as well, and evidently, there is none.

We shouldn't be wasting our time speculating, every accident has something new to it. People pulling up precedents from the last Air Crash Investigation they watched does not help the investigation. The only precedent we'll see here is the Egyptian government fucking everything up again.
>>
>>958776
>We shouldn't be wasting our time speculating
But rampant ignorant speculation is what this thread is for!
>>
>>958776
>The only precedent we'll see here is the Egyptian government fucking everything up again.

Pretty much the only certainty lol.

>>958782
Kek
>>
This is the last set of ACARS sent before all comms was lost, I've put in my $0.02 as well:

00:26Z 3044 ANTI ICE R WINDOW
Right window (cockpit) has been severely damaged, anti ice sensor reads this as error (as it only sees itself).

00:26Z 561200 R SLIDING WINDOW SENSOR
Right window (cockpit) has been severely damaged, sensor that detects if window is closed or not reads this as error (as it only sees itself).

00:26Z 2600 SMOKE LAVATORY SMOKE
Smoke detector in lavatory goes into alarm.

00:27Z 2600 AVIONICS SMOKE
Avionics bay detector in lavatory goes into alarm.

00:28Z 561100 R FIXED WINDOW SENSOR
Window sensor now goes into alarm, indicated the whole window is now basically fucked (the wind speed would most likely rip the damaged window off).

00:29Z 2200 AUTO FLT FCU 2 FAULT
Part of avionics system has failed. This is located around the centre console of the cockpit.

00:29Z 2700 F/CTL SEC 3 FAULT
Part of avionics system has failed. This is also located around the centre console of the cockpit.

My thinking is a device detonated either in the passenger lavatory near the cockpit or the avionics bay underneath/ slightly behind the cockpit. This would explain the cockpit window failure and double smoke detector activation, as well as the avionics system failures.

I'd probably say lavatory since the avionics alarmed slightly after. Reason for slight delay between the window failure and alarms? Go hold a smoking candle under your smoke alarm and tell if the first wisp makes it alarm.
>>
>>958878
It's a reasonable speculation. Just one minor detail you missed.

>R SLIDING WINDOW SENSOR
>R FIXED WINDOW SENSOR
These are different windows.
>>
>>959007
Same window set though.
>>
>the head of Egypt's state-run provider of air navigation services
>Plane did not swerve

Do we assume that Greek ATC has euro levels of competence regardless of Greece's other problems?

Obviously Egyptian government couldn't find a dick to fuck themselves with if their arse was shitting napalm and they needed to plug it with something airtight to save themselves.
>>
>>959499
The real disaster here is the incompetence. I did hear that Egypt wanted the US NTSB to assist with the investigation but we'll see what happens.
>>
I've heard nothing new since the Egyptians said the plane "didn't swerve"

Anyone else?
>>
File: 1449093713860.gif (2 MB, 371x331) Image search: [Google]
1449093713860.gif
2 MB, 371x331
Ignore anything the Egyptians say. Avoid Egyptian plane.
They still claim the obvious plot suicide on 990 was a 'mechanical failure'.

'The cockpit voice recorder (CVR) recorded the captain excusing himself to go to the lavatory, followed thirty seconds later by the first officer saying in Egyptian Arabic "Tawkalt ala Allah," which translates to "I rely on God." A minute later, the autopilot was disengaged, immediately followed by the first officer again saying, "I rely on God." Three seconds later, the throttles for both engines were reduced to idle, and both elevators were moved three degrees nose down. The first officer repeated "I rely on God" seven more times before the captain suddenly asked repeatedly, "What's happening, what's happening?" The flight data recorder reflected that the elevators then moved into a split condition, with the left elevator up and the right elevator down, a condition which is expected to result when the two control columns are subjected to at least 50 pounds (23 kgf) of opposing force.[1] At this point, both engines were shut down by moving the start levers from run to cutoff. The captain asked, "What is this? What is this? Did you shut the engines?" '
>>
>>961338
>They still claim the obvious plot suicide on 990 was a 'mechanical failure'.
Yeah, I read about that.
They fucked up the investigation of 660 as well, there seems to be an official rule against Egypt admitting that pilots fuck up ever. They'd prefer to say that they can't maintain plans worth a damn.

I'm not sure I care which way kills me myself, I'm still going to regret flying that airline.
>>
>>959499

Greece is basically, "We don't give a fuck: The Country".

I kinda get where they are coming from.
Who needs an economy when you live in an idyllic Mediterranean paradise? The absolute worst case scenario is that you survive off of olives and tourism. Darn.
>>
File: 1306306086663.png (16 KB, 285x281) Image search: [Google]
1306306086663.png
16 KB, 285x281
>>961358
>survive off of olives
>>
>>961358
>Who needs an economy when you live in an idyllic Mediterranean paradise?
Oh, there's a whole lot more than that going on.

They've had military dictators, civil wars, revolutions, coups, massacres, brutal police (even by world standards) and corrupt leader after corrupt leader. And that's just the last 50 years or so.

There's a good reason that no one in Greece trusts or wants to contribute to the government.
>>
>>961338
Egyptians are lying sacks of shit, I wouldn't trust ANYTHING they say, ever, after the Regeni case (which is still going on).

tl;dr of the Regeni stuff:
>Italian researcher for Cambridge university gets kidnapped in Egypt, January 2016
>body found in Cairo, early February
>body has obvious signs of torture (every finger broken, more than two dozen other fractures, cuts to the feet soles inflicted with a sharp object, cigarette burn marks, bigger burn marks on his back, and finally a snapped neck which is the cause of death)
>Regeni had ties with a workers union that is opposed to the current government
>He was doing research on the political situation and unions in particular, publishing articles about it and the consequences of the revolution of 2011

So, after this, the Egypt government OFFICIAL REPLY was "yeah, surely a road accident victim" then changed to "personal motives that led to his death, probably revenge from someone he knew", as they were implying he was tied to criminal circles.

Later, in March, after declaring "complete cooperation", the Egyptian government doesn't even speak with the Italian secret services and just goes to murder 4 men in a shooting, randomly stating that they were Regeni's killers with absolutely no backing proof to it. They made a fucking facebook post to justify the action, saying that it was a "band of criminals that kidnapped foreigners for money".
And in all this, they magically recovered a bag full of Regeni's belongings, and drugs. Even a retard would see this as something placed after the fact by the Egyptians.

Oh, and later they changed their mind again: those 4 men had nothing to do with Regeni.

This is still ongoing, I think nothing will come of it, but Egypt is seriously fucking shady.

>>961358
Greece is like a 10x more corrupted and inefficient version of Italy. And Italy is already pretty obscenely corrupt and inefficient. It's not that easy.
>>
>>961338
Reminds me of those "hide x threads" do not reply etc
With the guy at the computer. Someone make an Egyptian one kek
>>
>>961378
>They made a fucking facebook post to justify the action

Wew lad

>>961292
Last I heard is they narrowed the search area for the black boxes significantly based on a signal they got from something else from the plane that I can't remember.
But it's a race against time since the batteries only last so long.
>>
>>961392
>But it's a race against time since the batteries only last so long.
That's a bit shit. Someone needs to do something about that. I guess that it's the radio beacon that runs out of juice, presumably the rest of the box just shuts down without adverse effects from lack of power.

As it is, there's only a small chance that they'll even find MHA370. A long life beacon might have changed that.

>>961378
>Egypt is seriously fucking shady.
Oh, I think we knew that. Their choice is between military dictators or islamic fundamentalists. There aren't really any good options.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.