[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GoPro/Contour/Action Cam mounting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: bike.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
bike.webm
3 MB, 853x480
For those of you that use GoPros/action cams, where do you position your camera?

I find putting the camera at the top makes it way too tall to catch anything, and putting it off to the side (near the ears) cuts off the whole left/right side of the video

I tried putting it at a downwards angle but the visor cut off 50% of the video. (see: shitty video to the left)

Any mounting tips? Where do you guys like to put yours? I was thinking about maybe a handlebar mount but I think the vibrations from the bike would kill the camera
>>
>>957147
If you want to record your ride, on top of or in the front of the crown of the helmet is great.
If you want to also record whatever your hands and stuff are doing (which isn't always as appealing to others as it is for yourself), use a chest-mount harness.
>>
File: dippy drippys.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dippy drippys.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
OFFICIAL GENERAL PURPOSE FORWARD-FACING ACTION CAMERA MOUNTING POSITIONS FOR CYCLING POWER RANKINGS
1. Chest mount
POWER GAP
9. Top of helmet
10. Side of helmet
POWER GAP
900. Fixed frame mount
MOTION SICKNESS GAP
9001. Steering axis mount
>>
>>957285
>no faithful-canine mount
>>
Chest mount is best mount. Anything on the helmet is meh. Only a good high chest mount will show what you're doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgOG1uVECks

video related, it's da best mount.
>>
File: 980281.jpg (48 KB, 712x408) Image search: [Google]
980281.jpg
48 KB, 712x408
>>957285
this, there is something uncannily comfy about feeling as if one's strapped into someone's chest
>>
>>957318

>wearing a camera for a loose rocks course full of crashing shitties

y tho
>>
File: 247_2_280.jpg (42 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
247_2_280.jpg
42 KB, 600x400
>>957147
>/n/ "mountain biking"
>>
>>957147
It doesn't need to be pointed that far down, all you're seeing is the ground directly in front of you. It should see pretty much what you see.

As mentioned chest mount is the best mount. Chin mount could also work if you want the view to follow your head, also under the visor if the camera is small enough to not block your vision.

Anything mounted on the bike is only good for B roll footage. Bar mounts are shit unless it's pointed towards you, also try sticking it on the fork or seat stays, or somewhere that shows the suspension in action (downtube, side of the seatpost pointed downwards, etc.).
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.