[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >still falling for the seat tube meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
File: 00P0P_4dvuRrLZJH1_1200x900.jpg (140 KB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
00P0P_4dvuRrLZJH1_1200x900.jpg
140 KB, 1200x798
>2016
>still falling for the seat tube meme
>>
Man, screw the UCI. I want cool as shit aero frames.
>>
OP is a downtube.
>>
>>956411
>Oh shit, a new thread on /n/! Time to force my meme!

>>956410
How comfortable is it to have no seat tube though
>>
Y-foyle fagz are the recombant fagz of fred biking. Like the intra urban foamers of train fags. Like, you're an electro-chemical engineer and everybody else is just mechanical fags. Fags.
>>
File: DSC_3518small2.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3518small2.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
If it has a separate seat post it still has a seat tube. To be considered seat tube less in any way it would have to have an integrated seat post, or one of those seat mast things that attaches any way other than sliding inside another tube.
>>
File: full.jpg (321 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
321 KB, 1024x768
>>956437
Found a couple
>>
>>956440
There's also a more common frame that has a carbon fibre boom that's designed to flex as a form of comfort suspension, can't remember the name though.
>>
>>956441
softride?
>>
File: Dimond-triathlon-super-bike.jpg (90 KB, 900x564) Image search: [Google]
Dimond-triathlon-super-bike.jpg
90 KB, 900x564
>>956445
That's the one. Cheers, it was really bugging me that I couldn't find it.
>>
File: titanflex.jpg (4 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
titanflex.jpg
4 MB, 2592x1936
Oh shit! Beam bike thread?

While they are not as cool looking as some of the carbon Ys (Zipp, etc), I've always liked the Titanflex frames for their highly adjustable top-tube length.
>>
>>956458

I just noticed the crank arms.

What the fuck did I post?
>>
>>956459
I don't recall the name, but those are crank arms with built in freewheel ratcheting mechanisms that move independently, the theory is that they're supposed to be good for training riders to put out effort throughout the entire swing of the pedal stroke, and equal power from both legs.
>>
Powercranks
>>
>>956460
>>956461

Weird.
I guess I'd try it.
>>
>>956413
Fuck off downtube
>>
>>956458
> I've always liked the Titanflex frames for their highly adjustable top-tube length.
Whilst it's a nice idea it's not really adjusting the top tube length (well, it technically is but) rather it's just an alternative to moving the saddle forwards or backwards on the rails (with a bit more range of adjustment).

To change the top tube length you'd want to move the headtube in relation to the bottom bracket and keep the seat still (relative to the bb as well). You'd need some sort of break just behind the headtube with either a sliding mechanism or removable spacer pieces.
>>
>>956547
You're assuming it's a road bike.

TT bikes vary quite a bit in seat tube angle, so on a TT bike, TT length has just as much to do with effective STA.
>>
>>956441
Where are the shifters?
>>
>>956552
Sure, but that bike essentially has an adjustable seat tube angle. Yes that does change the top tube length but that's just a consequence. It's like saying that by changing tyre size you're changing the bottom bracket height, whilst technically true it's not the primary objective nor the best way to achieve it.

>>956553
It only needs one so it's probably on the left side hidden from view, either a downtube shifter or bar end. Either that or it's just not cabled up, the image is too small to tell for certain where the cable would come from the derailer (it looks like it may exit from the rear and loop round).
>>
>>956554
But it's a TT bike.
>>
>>956555
With an (essentially) adjustable seat tube angle. A by product is the top tube length also changes. What kind of bike it is doesn't make any difference.
>>
File: NDqZY6M.jpg (45 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
NDqZY6M.jpg
45 KB, 500x335
meme it up
>>
>>956554
>whilst technically true it's not the primary objective nor the best way to achieve it.

Titanflex poster here.
You are of course correct.

But if I had said, "I like the Titanflex design for it's highly adjustable seat-tube angle!" some other cheeky fuck would have chimed in about that phrasing as well, as it is a bike with "no seat tube".
>>
File: Look Twin Blade Velo Record.jpg (366 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Look Twin Blade Velo Record.jpg
366 KB, 1024x768
Because France.
>>
File: 1463410621204.jpg (129 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
1463410621204.jpg
129 KB, 500x335
>>956578
>>
>>956587
Fair point.
>>
>>956393
>Nonprofessional non-Schwalbe tyres

1/10 TERK
>>
>not wanting the strength of a triangle
>>
>>956612
What a beauty. I'd prefer other wheels though. These look too dark to fit the bikes colourway
>>
>>956625

whoa
>>
>>956410
The UCI are fucking downtubes
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.