[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting around without a car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: LA-traffic.jpg (155 KB, 824x549) Image search: [Google]
LA-traffic.jpg
155 KB, 824x549
I'm moving to Seattle or Portland, depending on where I get a job. The public transit is adequate enough in both that I don't need a car. That being said, I'd like to leave the city once in a while, possibly take a 3-day vacation or something. I'll be living there for a year or so, and I don't want to deal with the hassle and cost of parking/traffic/gas/insurance/repairs. How do you deal with not owning a car in a West Coast city? I've thought about using Zipcar, but if there are other options I'd love to hear them.
>>
90s rigid MTB with slicks
>>
old ten speed
>>
>>954949
>>954952
I love you /n/
/thread
>>
Just rent a car when you want to go on vacation.
>>
If you commute by bike everyday you will get fit enought to get to the next city over comfortably. If you dont plan to commute by bike, get an intermunicipal bus or rent a car/motorcycle.
>>
>>954922
When you wanna go somewhere take a bike down the 1 until you hit something cool
Then keep on going man...
>>
zipcar and car2go fucking suck

rental cars fucking suck

portland's public transit fucking sucks (seattle's seems ok but i don't live there so yeah)

just buy a piece of shit old bronco or something for those out of town ventures and exceptionally shitty days and ride your buke everywhere else
>>
I checked up on Turo in Seattle and apparently it's got cheaper cars for ~$40/day for a 3-day trip.
>>
>>954949
>>954952
Can't really carry luggage on a bike
>>
>>955041
Why is Portland's system so bad? Guaranteed the streetcars get stuck in traffic but the light rail is super extensive.
>>
>>955108
It's not, they're being pessimistic. I'm used to busses in Boston that don't even show up sometimes, so Portland's bus system is a step up from that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.