[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you doing to prevent bike theft?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: cykeltyv.jpg (76 KB, 600x559) Image search: [Google]
cykeltyv.jpg
76 KB, 600x559
What are you doing to prevent bike theft?
>>
I store my bikes in indoors so that they're comfy when not being used. It's a well proven fact that bikes that get to rest in comfy, warm, dry indoors are faster than bikes that are neglected by their owners and left outside.

If I for some reason need to leave my bike outside I bring my trusty old bike that isn't worth much.
>>
File: lock.jpg (114 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
lock.jpg
114 KB, 375x500
I use a mechanically perfect bike, but it looks crappy, old and dirty. Moroccans dont have a keen eye for that kind of stuff. I lock it with a pic related type of lock, which just locks the rear wheel. So if someone wants to carry it away and put it in a car/van they can, but they never do.

A jokester did steal my handlebar rubbers recently so now im just holding on to iron handle bars. Makes it look even more crappy I guess so thats okay
>>
>>954406
Post pics of bike, please?
>>
File: IMG_20150607_064401515_HDR.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150607_064401515_HDR.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
it looks remarkably clean here though for some reason, it looks like a beat up old shit now
>>
>>954422
that is a nice looking bridge
>>
>>954398
It's 9:30 AM. Do you know where your bike is?
>>
>>954398

I hit pretty much all my bikes with a can of shitty spray paint and whatever hello kitty type stickers I have in the house once I get them. Haven't had anything worse than some asshole slashing the seat and tires so far.
>>
>>954440
Is plasti dip a good alternative?
>>
>>954444

You could, but it doesn't look quite like something a hobo or crackhead would use.
>>
>>954451
I was thinking about covering the brand label and the rear triangle in poop brown and then putting some reflective tape over that.
>>
I don't live in a neighborhood full of niggers.
>>
>>954459
..listen, buddy, I don't know who you are or what kind of cycling you do. Me, I'm a road cyclist on a local team. I train 6 days a week, and in a normal week the 7th day is in the gym doing core strengthening. Yesterday I did 30 minutes continuous at Threshold, a new PR for me. Looking at doing a TT this year, for the first time since I got hurt a few years back, and I think I can win one, or at least place in the top 5. Not bragging, just establishing who I am and what I'm about. Long rides at Threshold are no picnic.

There are two kinds of cyclists: Competitors, and everyone else. I don't care what kind of bike we're talking about, or what terrain you ride on, or how many days or how many miles a week, everyone falls into one of those two categories. The riders who are not competitors? They'll back off if it's starting to get uncomfortable. Why? Because they have *no reason* to push themselves that hard. In terms of training zones, if they push past Endurance and into Tempo or beyond, they won't stay there for more than a very short amount of time before backing off, because it's *uncomfortable* for them, and they don't feel the need to go that fast.

Competitors? They aren't pushing themselves to the point of it being abject suffering for no good reason, they know that on the other side of that suffering, there are *gains*. They know that as the mesocycles go by, they'll be able to go a little faster and a little longer because of that suffering, and they know that from those gains, comes getting that much closer to winning races, or that town-line sprint, or being first to the top of that big climb on the weekly fast group ride, or whatever it is that, for them, translates into 'competition'. Usually it's about some race or another, but it can even mean being the first to the top of that one big climb on the weekly group ride, or just beating your own PR on a set course you ride alone every week. There's a challenge, and they feel the need to meet it.
>>
>>954406
IS THAT A HEMA TIRE?
GAS URSELF; FRIEND
>>
>>954452

Maybe plastidip then paint over it. The idea is that your bike actually needs to look like shit.
>>
>>954398
those christiania bikes are expensive as shit...
>>
Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit + pitlock components + seat leash. I could do more, I guess. I'm a bit less paranoid than I used to be, since it stays indoors at night these days.

The rack I use during the day isn't visible from the street, but it has surveillance cameras and a lot of other bikes at any given time, plus many other nearby racks that are more visible.

The bike itself happens to be purple, dunno if that helps.

>>954459
You are aware that niggers will travel to affluent areas to steal shit, right? Particularly any area with a high concentration of bicycles, like a college campus... they will come from miles around.

God help you if there's a local homeless population, stolen bicycles are the lifeblood of the hobo economy.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.