[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I going to regret buying these?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160509_062101.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160509_062101.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
Am I going to regret buying these?
>>
You're going to regret not using the catalog
>>
>>954078

According to my research, no. Their STIs are 7/10 good. Their rear derailleurs are Shimano tier.

You saved $50 over Sora and got Sora tier. Enjoy
>>
>>954078
Why didn't you buy the new ones?
>>
>>954078
dropped my name

>>954089
had a dura-ace 10 speed cassette from a previous bike that i spent $150

the casette costs more than the shifters
>>
>>954095
ABANDON THREAD

ABANDON THREAD

ALL POSTERS ABANDON THREAD
>>
>>954097
you're going to love my troll bike
>>
My bike has 8spd microshit, and to be honest, I haven't had any problem with shifting in 2.000km, not a single adjustment, the only problem I have, it's the front deraileur because I have three rings and looks to be a common issue even with other brands if the adjusting is not fine, but I don't care because I don't use the smaller ring, so changing to medium/big is fine.

The shifting isn't really smooth, you must push well, but it works and you get a really mechanic feel. I can't compare with other systems or brands because these shifters are the first ones I have, but I don't think they are bad, I think they are good enough, looks ok, and they are cheap, so don't worry, they should work properly.
>>
>>954111
i mounted them on the bars no cables (for the low price i paid it even included cables......so that's like $20 value in the box right there with it) and it feels alot like the campy parts i took off of this bike and sold (for more than i paid for the bike)
>>
My Bro wanted to get into cycling but all the Bikes we've looked at were either Sora or Claris-Tier and in relation to their prices it was just too much for my brother to spend, so we decided to get a Used bike and upgrade it. I gave him some older CXP33/Ultegra Wheels, and we just bought the Microshift Arsis Groupset for just 158 bucks. And what can i say? This BIke is goddamn bulletproof and its a joy to ride with it! The Shifting is smooth, crisp, and once fully configurated it doesn't need to be adjusted much afterwards. The Finish is shiny and doesn't look cheap, the handling is easy and even easier for Idiots, the Front Derailleur even shifts as fast as the DA 9000 one. I would say at least Arsis might be on the same Level as Shimano Ultegra or Campa Veloce

I'd totally recommend using Microshift
>>
>>954078
>Taiwanese components

It'll be more than fine m8
>>
I had the 8 speed version before switching to Shimano 105 paddle levers. They are relatively inexpensive and offer reliable shifting. I personally prefer the Shimano ergonomics with the brake paddle shifting though.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
IIT- poorfags
>not spending $300 on SRAM red shifters
>>
>>954708
fucking shit taste
Enjoy exploding blastig:DDD springs
Enjoy the big FUCK YOU you'll get from sram customer service
Enjoy crashing and dying
>>
>>954720
Ok I will. Enjoy being slow on the climbs
MUH GRAMS
>>
>Regret buying anything bike related.

No.
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (3 MB, 2307x2410) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
3 MB, 2307x2410
Slight thread jack since OP bought these shifters.
I've got a set of carbon SRAM Rival's collecting dust along with other carbon parts- the metal front triple is a 105 btw.

If you would like to make an offer on anything you see, reply with your throw away email. I'd honestly accept any reasonable offer, I just want this shit gone already. Also /n/ before eGay.

*Shimano 105 triple
*SRAM Rival Double-Tap carbon shifters (10spd rear)
*Profile Design Alpine Pro carbon crank set (175mm)
*Ergomo carbon crank set with rings (172.5mm)
*Mike Burrows carbon aero seat post (27.2mm)
*Easton carbon aero fork (700c & 1" steerer)
>>
>>955032
I can use most of that stuff but I have like no money
>>
>>954708
>SRAM shifters that aren't not etap
>ever
>>
>>955042
Gimmie your email. We can talk about it there.
>>
>>955054
Red is lighter than etap
You can't shift etap under load
>nigger
>>
>>955060
>he cares about the weight of his shifters
>he thinks doubletap isnt an absolute abomination
>>
>>955059
Iam951socal

@hotmail

It's a spam acct so just email only
>>
>>955063
its not tho
>adjustable reach negro
but i will admit i love etap
>>
>>955060
>You can't shift etap under load
lolwut
>>
>>955099
You can't mate, they market it as a "feature"
You also can't change front and rear derailleurs at the same time
>>
>>954111
I have a triple on mine as well. Live in flatland, so I only ever get on the small ring accidentally.

Could I use a double derailer with my triple shifter and triple crankset?
>>
>>955104
This sounds like total garbage, like, why would they release technology that can't even handle load? Shifting hasn't been improved over decades, so whats the matter? Did they run into some problems they couldn't solve and now they are just selling betaware and market it as a "feature"?
>>
>>955148
You do realize you can just adjust the L screw so it doesn't do anything when you shift to 1
>>
>>955104
Every article on the subject indicates that it shifts great under load. Cite your sources.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/reviews/gears-drivetrain/sram-red-etap-wireless-groupset-unveiled

http://road.cc/content/news/161587-first-ride-sram-red-etap-wireless-groupset

It is true that you can't shift front and rear simultaneously, and I'll admit that's a bit of a shortcoming, but it shouldn't slow you down that much if you're smart about it.
>>
File: iYdD0[1].png (29 KB, 219x186) Image search: [Google]
iYdD0[1].png
29 KB, 219x186
>>955150
>Did they run into some problems they couldn't solve and now they are just selling betaware and market it as a "feature"?

Yes.
The SRAM formula is;
>buy up companies,either let them do their shit or we just fuck their shit up after we acuire them
>Cant make product?(front derailleurs lel)Sell it as a feature?
>Metal parts?LOLNO.blastigggggggggg :DDDD
>>
>Buying SRAM anything ever

fucking morons, there's a reason the vast majority of self funded elites use Ultegra.

But if I had to choose Red > Eshit

>>955199
of course, because all reviews of cycling products are 100% honest, and in no way influenced by manufacturers, especially not high quality sources like cycling weekly and road.cc
>>
>>955199
https://youtu.be/cmGuit8uN50
"It kinda tells you not to do that"
>>
>>955225
Okay but you probably shouldn't be doing that anyway, as they point out in the preceding sentence.
>>
>>955236
You should be able to force it up in a sprint, not have to back off first
>>
>>955236
firstly - no, for the same reason that the da7900 front mech was unpopular with elite riders
secondly -
>unironically defending SRAM

mate Ultegra Mechanical (Dura Ace or Campy if you've got some wonga) is the best. There's a reason no self funded elites use SRAM; good riders won't use it unless they're paid to...
>>
>>955241
But the SRAM RED system thinks for you,big guy.
Its tells (You)Qietly to not shift under load by....just refusing to shift under load!
BRlLLIANT!The SRAM team of #Engineers have done it again
No REAL pro rider would consider shifting under load anyway #AmateurHour
They give those gook componenets a bitta banter Haha!
#NotRacistPlsAcceptHiroshimaReparations
#DuraAceAShit

The easily steal--able wireless battery packs enough punch after just a 40 minute charge
#ShockingPerformace

SRAM SRAM SRAM THE BEST!
#StuckUpOurOwnArse
>>
>>955255
but you can shift under load with mechanical
maybe im not producing enough watts

etap cant tho
>>
>>954708
>not spending the exact same money to get duraché 9k shifters that actually work
>>
>>955199
>should slow you down THAT MUCH
A racing groupset shouldnt slow you down at all. That second you have to back off to switch gears could be the second someone attacks, by which time youve lost the wheel, race lost, bye bye. Not much isnt good enough.
>>
>>955396
i tried doubletap on my m8s bike, loved it
also doing an American (based company) build
meaning cannondale, flo, and sram blasdig
and muh grams
>>
>>955432
>>955432
and ritchey finishing kit, but havent decided on saddle
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.