[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else here use Uber? First time using uber today.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 280x180
Does anyone else here use Uber? First time using uber today. Entered in the addresses right but the starting address changed after I finalized request address. Figure it is a display issue and he got my original address so I sat my phone down and waited. After the estimated wait time I looked at my phone, nope he was parked a block over. I panicked and cancelled. After he drove all that way. Feelsguiltyman
>>
uber only pays about $8 a hour after you subtract mileage.

the only way to get it higher is to get a lot of short trips in 1.5x pay area.
>>
>>953091

/n/ is for bikes, boats, trains, and airplanes. Most likely the only time anyone here uses Uber is getting home from the bar after a night of unusually heavy drinking.

>I panicked

Do you have some kind of disability that makes it difficult to walk a block?
>>
>>953092
>uber only pays about $8 a hour after you subtract mileage.
Uber drivers also aren't licensed or insured as taxis.
>>
>>953092
>>953103
You realise that Uber operate outside of your town/state/country, under different rules and regulations, right?
>>
>>953091
>You realise that Uber operate outside of your town/state/country, under different rules and regulations, right?
Uber is illegal almost everywhere they operate.
>>
>>953166
Oops, forgot link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_Uber's_service
> Uber is "mostly illegal in most jurisdictions."[1]
>>
>>953091
No. When I need a "taxi" I almost exclusively use Lyft.
>>
>>953166
>>953168
>Can't actually link to the post he's replying to
>Uses Wikipedia as a primary source

God damn you're stupid. But sure let's follow the rabbit. You're quoting the first reference in that article, which is a link to http://driving.ca/auto-news/news/uber-insurance which contains the entirely un-cited, un-supported claim:

>Uber, the world’s largest (and still mostly illegal in most jurisdictions) rideshare program set up shop and quickly dominated the market with their ease of use: you have an app on your phone that delivers an Uber driver to your location fast, and frequently gets you to your destination cheaper than a traditional cab would.

It doesn't even tell you what "jurisdiction" refers to; as it's driving.ca does that refer to "jurisdictions in Canada" or "jurusdictions everywhere"? In either case it provides no evidence or supporting data, so in reality that sentence that you quote, which Wikipedia quotes, is nothing more than a parenthetical aside from a jumped up Canadian blog.

10/10 argument, would believe again.
>>
>>953182
I was linking my own post as a p.s.
Wikipedia is full of references.
And yes, almost every jurisdiction on earth requires taxi drivers to be licensed as such, and no, Uber drivers generally aren't licensed as taxi drivers.

But *I'm* stupid.
sure
>>
>>953185
>Wikipedia is full of references.

Yes, and that reference is driving.ca, which in turn is entirely un-cited and unsupported.

>But *I'm* stupid.

I guess if you disagree you could just start imnotstupid.com and then write a Wikipedia article citing that as a primary source for how you're not stupid.
>>
>>953091
no I have 2 cars, a truck and 2 bikes. I can get around fine all by myself
>>
>>953195
>Yes, and that reference is driving.ca,
There are 143 references on that page.
...but I'm sure they're all bullshit, somehow.
>>
>>953166
>>953182

Found the butthurt scummy brown dude who's mad that innovation is busting up his racket.
>>
>People thinking that Uber isn't a scam based entirely upon subverting regulations, licensing, and standards.
It'll go bust in the next 3 years. The drivers don't make hardly any money, there are still lots of lawsuits pending, and they're always one gang rape away from losing every woman's business.

If Uber was publicly traded I'd short it like a mother fucker.
>>
File: 1456518676394.jpg (28 KB, 450x521) Image search: [Google]
1456518676394.jpg
28 KB, 450x521
>>953206
>innovation is busting up his racket.
If you mean "too cheap to buy real hack insurance" and "paying minimum wage" then yeah, Uber is really "innovative".
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.