[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My bike's front wheel was stolen. Can anyone help me find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 9VGlIl5.jpg (364 KB, 1600x1074) Image search: [Google]
9VGlIl5.jpg
364 KB, 1600x1074
My bike's front wheel was stolen. Can anyone help me find a fitting rim? I have no idea if any rim will fit, because the tires are very thin.
My bike is a 28" Fuji Declaration (pic related). Already tried searching for the rim's brand, but didn't find anything useful. On the tire it says "28-622", if that helps.
Would be awesome if anyone could help. Thanks.
>>
>>952691
Go to a shop, since you have no idea what you're doing.
>>
>>952691
the wheel size you're looking for is called 700c. almost any wheel off craigslist will work as long as its 700c
>>
>>952693
Fuck him

>>952695
I didn't know this

>>114976 (me)
>>
Whoops
>>>/wsr/114976
>>
>>952706
Except you did, because 622 is your rim size and 28 is the tire width.
Also, use the general
Also, go to a shop
>>
>>952695
>almost any wheel off craigslist will work as long as its 700c
Almost, because he could end up getting a rear wheel rim for his front.
>>
File: this_guy.jpg (21 KB, 218x265) Image search: [Google]
this_guy.jpg
21 KB, 218x265
>>953133
>rear wheel rim
>implying rims are front/rear specific
>being this retarded
>inb4 was only pretending
>>
>>953151
http://www.velocityusa.com/product/rims/a23-oc-622
>>
>>953155
Offset wheels are for dished builds. Disc front wheel or rear wheel doesn't matter. Likewise inappropriate for undished flip-flor rear wheels.
If you're going to be technically correct, please make sure to get the 'correct' part of it right.
>>
>>953158
>offset caliper brake rim
>disc brake
>implying that the rim is not rear specific because non dished rears exist
>>
>>952691
Why do you only want a rim if your wheel was stolen?
Do you have a hub and spokes?
Why not get wa full wheel?
What about the tire? Do you need a new tire too?
If getting a complete wheel: You'll need a 700c front wheel designed for rim brakes, you'll need the right hub style (quick release vs bolt on vs thru axle), you'll need the right hub spacing/width, you'll need the right rim width, and you'll need the desired rim drilling (Presta or Schrader).
If this stuff doesn't make sense to you, then go to a local bike shop.
>>
>>953159
>implying machined sidewall makes rim unsuitable for disc brake use or somehow a rim brake specific rim
>not knowing all the a23/a23oc rim variations are made with the same blank respectively
>not understanding not machining is a cost-cutting measure
>h+son archetype
>grasping at straws
>>
>>953163
>a23/a23oc
Are you serious?
>>
>>953160

Given that OP has no idea what hes talking about, I find it very unlikely that he has a hub and spokes, it seems obvious to me that he is using "rim" to refer to the whole front wheel. Especially since he literally said his front wheel was stolen. It's weird that no one else sees it that way.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.